Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is jabbar gaffney any good?

jerek said:
I liked Gaff in what I saw of him as a player, but I have it on limited inside word that he was lazy in practice and not a particularly fiery player; a theory which receives some validation in our new staff opting to cut him. Will be interested to see how he does in Philadelphia ... though I wouldn't mind seeing someone light him up across the middle when he comes here. I probably would have preferred we keep him, but oh well.

FYI Gaffney's contract ran out and they just didn't resign him, they didn't really cut him.

TEXANRED said:
Sarcasm? NO........not me:spy:

All I am saying is that if you know your O line stinks and you know your QB takes a lot of sacks and you know that your QB will be under pressure on any given pass play, than maybe you should keep your head on a swivel and know your going to have to break your route early and give your QB some help.

Thats all I'm saying.

Or just say screw it... as most of the time, your QB will look at one reciever only, then dump it if he isn't sacked yet....... if your number isn't called, why bother......

thunderkyss said:
Or just say screw it... as most of the time, your QB will look at one receiver only, then dump it if he isn't sacked yet....... if your number isn't called, why bother......
No time to look for a second receiver when you got Victor Riley admiring the tranquil beauty of the community of bugs that live in the turf.

TEXANRED said:
No time to look for a second receiver when you got Victor Riley admiring the tranquil beauty of the community of bugs that live in the turf.

The team's got ta have tranquility. :ok:

from www.kffl.com

Eagles | Gaffney and Lewis to battle at No. 3 WR spot
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:45:07 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports assuming Philadelphia Eagles WR Todd Pinkston (Achilles') is healthy and the team's No. 2 wide receiver, WRs Jabar Gaffney and Greg Lewis will battle for the team's No. 3 wide receiver slot in training camp. Gaffney ran from the slot quite often in minicamp and is much bigger than Lewis, who was disappointing last year after moving into the No. 2 role following Pinkston's injury.

texan279 said:
from www.kffl.com

Eagles | Gaffney and Lewis to battle at No. 3 WR spot
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:45:07 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports assuming Philadelphia Eagles WR Todd Pinkston (Achilles') is healthy and the team's No. 2 wide receiver, WRs Jabar Gaffney and Greg Lewis will battle for the team's No. 3 wide receiver slot in training camp. Gaffney ran from the slot quite often in minicamp and is much bigger than Lewis, who was disappointing last year after moving into the No. 2 role following Pinkston's injury.

hmm........ the only reason I thought they would try to make him a #1, was because they don't really have a #1..... still don't.

Pinkston(heh), Brown(hmpg), and Gaffney(lol) I've got money, saying none of these guys will lead the eagles in receptions or recieving yards..... and if one of them does, it'll be Gaffney....

Back