Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

INFO 2019 season and players

Texas Tech versus number 6 Oklahoma on local Fox TV now.

On Fox Sports 1 TCU 2 wins 1 losses vs Kansas 2 + 2.

Of interest for me with TCU is CB Jeff Gladney 5 foot 11 183 lb with a reported 4.38 perhaps lower.

Oklahoma cornerback Parnell Motley 5 foot 11 178 approximate speed 4.5 had a very good 2018 and 14 games 63 tackles 1 and 1/2 for loss and 11 passes broken up with three interceptions.

Last edited:
I am looking at the loss of a first round as drafting Tunsil with that pic. If we had not made the trade we would have more than likely drafted left tackle first round. I see greater than 70-30 the offensive line, wide receivers, tight ends and running backs as doing very well this season. I think the 2019 off-season gave us the launching platform . The only position we must improve is cornerback. Certainly other good picks will improve us but if we hit on that position we should be looking really good. Even more importantly we should have cap space to pick up at least one really good free agent even if we extend current players.

TCU punt returner Jalen Raegar after dropping the ball races 73 yards for a touchdown. 21-0 over Kansas.

As expected Jalen hurts with OK is going nuts passing the ball. 17 -0 Oklahoma 1st Q over Texas Tech.

Edit now the cameras are showing that Raegar was down on his knee and the ball should have been brought back. As refs blew it play stands.

Now 28-0

Last edited:
Of interest for me with TCU is quarterback Jeff gladney 5 foot 11 183 lb with a reported 4.38 perhaps lower.

Oklahoma cornerback Parnell Motley 5 foot 11 178 approximate speed 4.5 had a very good 2018 and 14 games 63 tackles 1 and 1/2 for loss and 11 passes broken up with three interceptions.
Neither one of these guys stood out in blowout wins for their team. Gladney for TCU did have one flag or interference which was totally unnecessary on his part.

In first few minutes of game between Notre Dame
& Virginia #5 Troy Pride made a touchdown-saving tackle after teammate missed his tackle. Next play Pride wraps up his man for minimal gain. Third-place Pride swallows up his man but play for a touchdown went other way. In three plays I'm very impressed with this cornerback. He played alongside Julian Love 2018. As you may remember I'm mocked love coming to Houston.

Virginia cornerback number 34 Bryce Hall 6'1 2 hundred pounds that I'm mocking to Texans is locking his opponent down early in this game.

Left tackle for Notre Dame Liam Eichenberg 6ft 6 305 lb just man handling his opponents; puts them on the ground or pushes them completely away from the quarterback.

Number two Alabama wide receiver Henry Rugg's goes out with leg injury halfway through first Q.

Just had to post this! Can't make this up!!

EFkOpQNWkAAkmJs.jpg

Not a good weekend for college football IMO. Only Ohio State versus Michigan State may be of interest to me.

University of Texas versus West Virginia top of first half. Red shirt soph Samuel Cosmi continues to look good at left tackle. WV 14 - 7.

Turning out to be a much better game than I anticipated. QB Ehlinger appears to try to throw the ball out of bounds and Duvernay somehow catches it and toe touches to remain in bounds. Definitely a reminder of Hopkins. Next play ehlinger takes it up the middle for a touchdown avoiding several defensive tackle attempts. Texas 21 to 14 with three minutes left before halftime.

For those interested at 6:30 p.m. central Time local ABC station has fourth-ranked Ohio State 5 wins 0 losses versus Michigan State ranked number 25 4 wins and one loss. I am extremely interested in outside linebacker Michigan State Kenny Willekes. I am mocking him to Texans.

Virginia cornerback number 34 Bryce Hall 6'1 2 hundred pounds that I'm mocking to Texans is locking his opponent down early in this game.
Good opportunity to watch Hall as #20 Virginia vs Miami on ESPN at 7 pm Central .

Other games I will watch Saturday:

11 am Oklahoma (QB Jalen Hurts Heisman candidate) vs U. TX (LT Samuel Cosmi my pick at our 4th round from Miami). Local Fox

2:30 Clemson vs Florida St ABC
ALabama (CB/safety/star Shyhiem Carter my first pick in draft) vs A&M CBS

6:30 Notre Dame (LY Eichenberg & CB Tony Pride) vs Southern California

7 pm LSU vs Florida

Last edited:
Well poop! My guy Bryce Hall just goes out of game with a lower leg injury wrapped in a boot. Appears to be season ending. Now I've got to redo my mock draft.

Notre Dame's left tackle eichenberg and cornerback Troy Pride look really good. I don't see much awareness for Pride so far as a candidate but he is really moved up on my board. 5 foot 11 194 lb with sub 4.44 speed

Halfway through college season and I am not too excited for the teams playing. Notre Dame a team I am watching both offense and defense is off this weekend so that eliminates one good team.

11 a.m. Clemson at Lewisville on ABC. 11 a.m. West Virginia at Oklahoma Fox 11 a.m. Iowa State at Texas Tech FS1 2:30 LSU at Miss state CBS
3 pm Baylor at OK State Fox
6 pm Kansas at U.Tx LNWrk
6 pm Michigan at Penn State ABC
8 pm Tenn at Alabama ESPN

I hope to get some info on the Oklahoma State cornerback Dee Dee Williams the brother of now NFL CB greedy Williams.

Pre- game I thought that Kansas State would give Oklahoma a tough game and boy was I correct. Oklahoma's defense has definitely improved this season but KSU quarterback is doing very well. Halftime score KSU 24 OK 23. Gabe Brkic drills 53 yarder with 3 seconds on clock to brings Sooners to within one point

Jalen Hurts has made some stunning plays but has also made some really bad ones. Like Watson, hurt's ability to scramble and create often gets him in trouble.

Players to watch with some from NCAA 2:
OLB Tipa Galea'i Utah State 6'5" 235 Jersey #10 per draftnetwork.com "juiced up pass rusher with elite burst; dips and flattens around edge with constant high effort always 'on the ball". He was dismissed from TCU in 2016 for alcohol and assaulting two students; missed all 2017 as he transferred to Utah St. 2018:

Saturday November 2nd:

1:30 p.m. on NBC Virginia Tech 5 + 2 playing at Notre Dame number 16 also at 5 and 2.

At 2:30 on CBS we have number 8 Georgia playing number 6 Florida both have only one loss.

At 2:30 on ESPN TCU which did beat University of Texas at 4 and 3 playing against Oklahoma State at 5 and 3.

Also at 2:30 number 22 Kansas State versus University of Kansas who lost to University of Texas 48-50 on FS1

Only game of interest for me Saturday November 9th is number 2 LSU at number 1 Alabama. Junior wide receiver Justin Jefferson 6ft 2in in 180 lbs with good stats for LSU. Two mocks I use do not have him in the first two rounds.
2019 8 games: 55 for 819 at 15 avg with 9 Tds. With his QB going first round, I don't see him returning to school.

watching the Ohio State versus Michigan game on the local Fox station. OS QB Fields clobbered from his Blind Side in third quarter and his leg was severely rolled up. He then return literally with a Band-Aid on his knee and same series threw a 30-yard yard touchdown pass. Earlier in the first half he was tackled and while one tackler held him to the ground by his calf the other Michigan player untied QBs shoe and pulled it off. I have never seen that before! There was a penalty flag. 42-19 end of third. Ohio State.

Of interest for me with TCU is CB Jeff Gladney 5 foot 11 183 lb with a reported 4.38 perhaps lower.

Love me some Gladney, if he's there when the Texans pick he should definitely be considered. His talent level is as good as Verrett

Love me some Gladney, if he's there when the Texans pick he should definitely be considered. His talent level is as good as Verrett
Every Time I watch him. I come away unimpressed. Lonnie Johnson, Conley, Hargreaves and maybe Croessen could eliminate need for a corner in first two picks. Really deep class for CBS. I still get irritated over Warring in 3rd and Raiders taking my guy OLB Maxx Crosby in 4th. Crosby has 36 tackles and 7.5 sacks.

Every Time I watch him. I come away unimpressed. Lonnie Johnson, Conley, Hargreaves and maybe Croessen could eliminate need for a corner in first two picks. Really deep class for CBS. I still get irritated over Warring in 3rd and Raiders taking my guy OLB Maxx Crosby in 4th. Crosby has 36 tackles and 7.5 sacks.

I was irritated with the Warring pick b/c I wanted Crosby as well. But nothing is going to change going forward other than hoping Warring shows the Texans they made a solid choice with the RD3 pick. If he can do this......the Texans could move Jordan Aikens over to receiver and let Warring be third TE in the Fells / Thomas show.

Maybe Aikens could fill an H-Back roll.

is like saying John Harbaugh ruined Colin Kaepernick.

On one of the talk shows today they made mention how Michigan gets as many if not more 4 & 5 star recruits as Ohio State, but Ohio State has way more wins & 1st/2nd round draft picks.

I dont know if it's true, I didn't fact check.

But if it's true, that sounds like a good way to gauge how well a coach develops talent.

On one of the talk shows today they made mention how Michigan gets as many if not more 4 & 5 star recruits as Ohio State, but Ohio State has way more wins & 1st/2nd round draft picks.

I dont know if it's true, I didn't fact check.

But if it's true, that sounds like a good way to gauge how well a coach develops talent.

and their personnel man .... or lack thereof !

If you're interested in college football and the offseason you should be interested in watching the bowl games Saturday and Monday evening. Some very good players that could possibly drop to our second round.

If you're interested in college football and the offseason you should be interested in watching the bowl games Saturday and Monday evening. Some very good players that could possibly drop to our second round.

Anyone in particular to keep an eye on?

Anyone in particular to keep an eye on?
Sorry for delay but time has gotten away from me. Here are some playing today
1 MLB Michigan State Joe Bachie
2. DT Michigan State Raequan Williams 29 starts at nose 6'4" 303 not just a run stopper.
3. OK State RB Chuba Hubbard
4. OK State Amen Ogbongbemiga 81 Ts 14.5 for loss 4 sacks 5 QB hits and 1 FF
5. CB Rodarius Williams (Greedy's bro) 56 tackles 5 passes defended. QBs don't throw his area. He is a steal imo as no one has him mocked! I've followed for two season and he is just good!

Rodarius Williams cornerback for Oklahoma State look really good. He was flagged for one play but everyone thought it was a bad call. Another play he gave up inside position for a touchdown but I thought he was in the correct place as you don't want your man to get to the outside. Also my guy Washington State quarterback Anthony Gordon really solidified my opinion of him. Dude has a rocket arm with just a flick of his wrist looking effortless in his passing both Short and deep. At one point announcer stated Gordon had gone to his fourth progression and still completed a pass.

I thought OKlahoma would lose to LSU but man a butt whippin? Burrows solidified his rep but I did see a mock dated December 26th with Bengals taking WR Jerry Jeudy allowing Burrows to fall to Miami. Cee Dee Lamb was basically non facto for OK and Jalen Hurts was insignificant (kindest word I can think of.)

This one surprises me. Alabama inside linebacker Dylan Moses announces he is returning to Alabama for 2020

This one surprises me. Alabama inside linebacker Dylan Moses announces he is returning to Alabama for 2020
Dylan backtracking, dad is lawyer and says decision Jan 20th. Did anyone watch Oregon game? Yuck. Herbert didn't look like first round talent. Kept changing channel.

Dylan backtracking, dad is lawyer and says decision Jan 20th. Did anyone watch Oregon game? Yuck. Herbert didn't look like first round talent. Kept changing channel.

Oregon's offense is built more for a Mariota type than Herbert. Herbert has done a good job of leading the college team he always wanted to play for......now he'll get his chance in the NFL. If the Texans didn't have Watson and OB was still rumbling through QB's to try and figure out how to run his offense......OB the GM would make the same type of RS trade, that landed Watson, to move up and draft Herbert.

Alabama's starting left guard Junior Alex Leatherwood returning to school. I had him as a late first to early second round and probably why he's going back to school

Oregon's offense is built more for a Mariota type than Herbert. Herbert has done a good job of leading the college team he always wanted to play for......now he'll get his chance in the NFL. If the Texans didn't have Watson and OB was still rumbling through QB's to try and figure out how to run his offense......OB the GM would make the same type of RS trade, that landed Watson, to move up and draft Herbert.
You see things in her bird that I do not see. Just my two cents but I'm glad we do not have a chance to trade up let alone draft him.

Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor announces for the draft. Georgia RB Deandre Swift announces for draft.

Back