Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

In trade for Jadeveon Clowney, Seahawks GM John Schneider pulls off a major heist

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The suspect’s name is John Schneider. He’s 48 years old, white, has curly brown hair, a stocky frame and is believed to be in the greater Seattle area. If you know anything about his whereabouts, please contact the authorities. He’s wanted for highway robbery.

On Saturday morning, the Seahawks’ general manager pulled off what may go down as the sports heist of the year. Heacquired three-time Pro Bowl defensive end/linebacker Jadeveon Clowneyfrom the Houston Texans for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin and a 2020 third-round draft pick.

It is unknown whether Schneider has incriminating photos of Texans GM Chris Olsen filed away somewhere, but I wouldn’t rule it out. This deal was nuts. Or better yet — peanuts. Because really, that’s all the Seahawks gave away.

Clowney is one of the NFL’s premier defensive linemen, and has been the most widely-discussed potential trade chip this offseason. He has tallied 18.5 sacks over the past two seasons and was ranked as the No. 2 edge defender in run defense last year by Pro Football Focus.

He also fills a major void for the Seahawks, as pass rush was considered their biggest weakness withthe departure of Frank Clark(13 sacks last year) andthe six-game suspension of Jarran Reed(10.5 sacks). Clowney may not have
turned the Seahawks into instant Super Bowl contenders, but a trip to the playoffs just went from questionable to probable.

A couple weeks weeks ago, nobody knew where the 26-year-old was going to end up this season. All anyone knew for sure was that he was discontent in Houston. Unable to work out a long-term deal with the Texans, Clowney made clear that he wasn’t going to play unless he was shipped somewhere else.
***https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ks-gm-john-schneider-pulls-off-a-major-heist/
Hell I'd gloat to if my team just stiffed another team the way the Seahawks did for a major talent like Clowney.

GM Olsen? I guess Schneider doesn’t know it’s OB running the show, unless Olsen is now the scapegoat.

This is being called one of the most lopsided deals in NFL history.
What was Texans FO thinking...
I hope ticket sales take a huge dive.

This is being called one of the most lopsided deals in NFL history.
What was Texans FO thinking...
I hope ticket sales take a huge dive.

Call me when the Texans get 11 picks for Clowney.....otherwise, the 11 pick haul Dallas got from the Vikings will forever be the standard by which lopsided trades are measured.

Call me when the Texans get 11 picks for Clowney.....otherwise, the 11 pick haul Dallas got from the Vikings will forever be the standard by which lopsided trades are measured.
O'Brien got out of bed Saturday morning and put on his boxing gloves for this team.
It sucks he didn't get appropriate value but he did make this team better. Imho.

Back