Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

If Peterson is there at 10, whats the minimum the Texans........

I personally was ticked that we passed on DJ at the time. Not that I am a UT homer, but he slid down and we traded down and from rumors that floated around we had a couple players we liked and rolled the dice that one would be there when we traded down.. we were wrong and our options got taken...and got TJ instead.

I'd hate to see that again

Why I liked DJ..he was fast and had a knack of creating fumbles.

I posted this in another thread in response to someone suggesting we trade for NE's two #1 picks, but it seems to be more appropriate for this thread.
I doubt NE would make that deal. On the other hand, since they're a playoff team & have most of the pieces in place, we might stand a better chance of getting the Jets to trade their 1st & two 2nd round picks, if AP is still on the board.

#10 = 1300 pts

#25 = 720 pts
#59 = 310 pts
#63 = 276 pts
Total = 1306 pts

How'd you like to trade down & pick up two 2nd round picks this year? At this point, I'd do that deal.

At 25, you could pick up a starting OL like Blaylock, Staley, Sears, Kalil, or Grubbs. Or, you could pick up one of the LB's, like Timmons, Posluszny, or Beason. And, of course, there should be several WR's, Michael Bush, second tier CB's, & safeties (Griffin/Meriweather) available, as well.

I'm confused - according to the list I found: (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round2), the Jets' picks in round 2 are #37 and #53 (#63 is Chicago). I find it hard to believe any teams are going to give up 3 picks in one year for one pick, though.

Whether I'd want to trade down would depend a lot on who is there at #10, and who we expect to be there later. Regarding Adrian Peterson, if he happened to be there at #10, I think we'd have to take him, unless we could basically rob some other team (i.e. get way better than the draft value chart for our pick).

I'd love to find a way to recover the 2 draft picks we gave up for Schaub (we have too many holes - I think we can use almost any pick in the first 3 rounds). I'd trade down, even if just to get a pick in next year's 2nd round (or 1st, or 3rd), assuming the value was "fair", and we didn't pass on some star. According to the value charts, if we found a willing partner (or some combination of partners), we could probably trade from #10 back into the early 20s, and pick up that team's #2 this year and next.

I'm with kastofsna on this one, take b.p.a. unless you get a 1st & 3rd this year & a 1st next year.

For those of you who say we should NOT pick Peterson, do you realize what you are saying? Would you "BOOO" if you heard his name called? I can say one thing though, IF Peterson is there at 10 and we pass on him AND do not trade back for more picks, then the Texans will no longer have a home because I WILL burn Reliant stadium down.

Yes, I would boo. He isn't fit for the Denver-ish system we run. He would do fine, I'm sure, but he isn't the back we should get.

Their are about 3 others who can be taken later, and are a better fit to our system.

Here is why:

1- A guy like Lynch is a better reciver and is almost if not as explosive as AD. Our system has alot of RB screens, and Lynch would work better in that area than AD.

2- We could draft him and trade right back into the 1st with someone and probably get a #2 as well(GB comes to mind along with the Bills). Meaning we have 2 1st RD picks and a 2nd.

3- Their are ome other backs that we could get in RD's 2-3 that are raw and with Green to mentor and let them develop. We would still be set at RB for a min. of 5yrs barring injury.

Plus, here are afew backs that can become great if we trade AD if drafted we can get alot cheaper.

Kenny Irons is projected as a 3RD pick, and #8 RB in the draft according to Street & Smith at 5-10 7/8 and 198lbs, he could easily gain say 5-10lbs of muscle and become a Pro Bowl back in 2-3 years...and we grabbed him in the 3rd.

Lorenzo Booker is the # 7 RB according to S&S, and projected 3RD at 5-10 3/8 and 188. He is small but could be used as a 3rd down back or reciving back this year and then gain size and agian become a great back in 2-3 years. Agian we use only a 3rd for him.

Here are 4 that are projected late 2nd early 3rd. Bush 3, Hunt 4,Pittman 5,
Walker 6
Bush an Hunt are large backs in the 230lb range, and could easily become great if mentored andmaybe cut weight alittle. Walker and Pittman nee alittle work, but behind Green and Dayne...hey could agian be great. THE NUMBER BY THEIR NAME IS THE S&S RANK FO POSITION

And all of them we could easily get with a trade if we did take AD, or trade with a team who is desperate for him. We sure could get atleast 2 nds, if not a 1st and second for AD or the spot to take him.

So, due to the many needs we have I would pass on AD or use him to aquire picks and players. Meaning yes I would be mad if he was drafted and kept. Sure he is great, but we need WAY TOO MANY players to grab him. And I pray we won't be in a position to take a guy like Hart next year(top 10)

I also love to mess with Madden on this stuff. So, useing the 2006 team(seeing we had no idea about Carr then), and just adding a RB. I created AD and Lynch, Lynch had a lower rushing number at 1078 to AD's 1121. However, AD only had 24 catches for 302yds and 1 TD and Lynch had 405yrds and 3 TDs. They ere identical in size and weight to the real player, but I used the scouting reports to create the stats...and ofcourse Lych is said to have better hands, and AD more elusive. So, thats how they were created.

If Adrian Peterson happens to be at 10 when the Texans are on the clock. What would you want to see the Texans do. As well, what would be the minumum you would want to see the Texans receive to move spots?

#1. I would personally take Peterson at 10 even though we have Green and Dayne. Tripple Threat, and you know one of the two will be hurting at different times of the season, plus we have the opportunity to get the 2nd best player in the draft at #10.

#2. I do not know much about the whole point system etc. I just know there is a chart that value certain spots in the draft. IF the Texans are on the clock with Peterson still on the board, I think at minimum the Texans must swap 1st rd. picks, anywhere from 11-20, then receive the teams 2nd rd. pick for this year, plus their first next year at minimum. Does that sound like too much, or too little?

I think the Texans are sitting in a fairly good position. I would love taking Peterson 10 overall, but at the same time I wouldn't mind receiving picks if the price is right.

I'd like to know everyone elese opionion.

There has been little talk about Peterson with all the Texans Quartback talk, I hope we don't hear much about him until draft day. May the Bills and Packers think were not taking him. Or REALLY make them think we are and they fall in love and hand us picks left and right for a franchise running back.

Gosh more than a month until the draft. I can't take it any longer, but hey, Astros opening day is 9 days away. I bet all the people who didn't renew their season tickets are wishing they did. Looks like the will be paying a premium to jump back on the bandwagon.

I'm in it for the longhall. It will make it that much more sweeter!!! Go Texans.

I would trade my #10 pick even if AD was there. I'd try and regain an early 2nd round pick and use it on Justin Blalock, the guard out of Texas. With the late 1st rounder I'd pick up I'd look at Robert Meachem and Reggie Nelson.

For those of you who say we should NOT pick Peterson, do you realize what you are saying? Would you "BOOO" if you heard his name called? I can say one thing though, IF Peterson is there at 10 and we pass on him AND do not trade back for more picks, then the Texans will no longer have a home because I WILL burn Reliant stadium down.

nah man...i would love it if we were able to still get adrian peterson...but you have to look at the value of the trade that we could get...if a team is gonna empty out their draft picks onto us for him you have to take the picks...just think about the eli manning trade...which would you rather have...eli manning and that's it...or phillip rivers, shawn merriman, and neading their kicker...if i can have three starters for the price of one i'm taking the three

If i am reading this right

Why would a team like the jets trade back up for Adrian if they got thomas Jones? why wouldn't they go for lynch ? afterall some say he is about the same but with better hands?

Esp the same jets that wouldn't trade up to get Reggie Bush last year

If i am reading this right

Why would a team like the jets trade back up for Adrian if they got thomas Jones? why wouldn't they go for lynch ? afterall some say he is about the same but with better hands?

Esp the same jets that wouldn't trade up to get Reggie Bush last year

They might not, but I've got to speculate about something. :D And who knows, they might.

Jets, I doubt it.

But, if it was th Raiders and good old Al :bigboss: Davis...well aything odd is normal.

As much as I would like to see THIS:
ad_spring_14.jpg

Look like this:
AD-Texan.jpg

adrian-peterson-texans.jpg

I just don't see it with all our needs and without a huge trade as I really see Cleveland taking him at 3.

It's a shame because next year's draft will be deep in RBs. Should Darren McFadden, Steve Slaton, Jonathon Stewart, Ray Rice all declare in addition to Mike Hart, Jamaal Charles, and Albert Young you're looking at a DEEP RB class. Next year's draft will also be deep in LTs.

Losing that '08 2nd rounder could really bite us in the ass.

It's a shame because next year's draft will be deep in RBs. Should Darren McFadden, Steve Slaton, Jonathon Stewart, Ray Rice all declare in addition to Mike Hart, Jamaal Charles, and Albert Young you're looking at a DEEP RB class. Next year's draft will also be deep in LTs.

Losing that '08 2nd rounder could really bite us in the ass.

your right but look at it this way...if we go into next years draft with RB being our major need...we still have our 1st rounder to pick up one of those guys...personally i think mike hart or ray rice fits the ZBS best...but you can't argue that talents like mcfadden and slaton wouldn't be nice to have as well

If we don't take a RB this year. I would easily see us take Hart next year, the kid is 1st round no question(barring injury) and would fit the ZBS well.

the one reason i became a huge hart fan last year was because they constantly talked about how much mike carried that team...and how much his team felt like they could do anything with im in the lineup...that speaks volumes about the guy and about what kind of a RB he is

I'm with kastofsna on this one, take b.p.a. unless you get a 1st & 3rd this year & a 1st next year.

I think Kubiak has done a very good job so far, selecting the best player available.

Let's imagine everyone did have REggie as the best player available. He was going to be our guy, until they came across something they didn't like. Whatever it was, that was why we didn't pick him. So we drafted the #2 player on most boards.

Then we picked Demeco Ryans. Easily the best player on the board at that time. Marcus McNeil had a very good year as well. Went to the ProBowl to represent the AFC, and we could have used him on our team. But Demeco is every bit as good a MLB, as McNeil is a LT. & we were going to the 4-3, & we needed a LB just as badly.

Then we picked Charles Spencer, and Eric Winston. Looking back at who were available, who would you have rather had with those picks?? Norwood?? Jason Hatcher?? I don't think so.

4th round..... Owen Daniels.... I know some guys would probably trade Owen for Ko Simpson... But I wouldn't.

Even though we signed a DE to a pretty decent contract, signed two possible MLBs, Signed an experienced pass catching tight end...... Kubiak still drafted the best players on the board, that addressed those same needs.

I think it worked out pretty well for him, especially considering the time he had to get to know our team.

i said this back in December, and i will say in March......

i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say. The texans wont be drafting no rb in next years draft. If anything they will sign an undrafted rookie..

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it.:tearup:

If I were the Texans, I'd be using Peterson's availablity to try to get one of my 2nd round picks back.

I'd want them BOTH back at a minimum. Give up Peterson to move down in the 1st round and get 2nd round picks this year AND next year.

Otherwise I'd probably draft Peterson and keep him. Green will be here 2 years max and Peterson is an ELITE talent.

i said this back in December, and i will say in March......

i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say. The texans wont be drafting no rb in next years draft. If anything they will sign an undrafted rookie..

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it.:tearup:

I'm with ya on this one DB. I don't think the Texans will draft a RB this year either. Signing Green and resigning Dayne pretty much sealed that deal. And, if by some miracle, AD is there at #10, I think we take him and try to trade down to maybe Buffalo or GB. But, I don't think he will be there.

What I don't understand is the "logic" of some people who believe he will fall to us because all the other teams ahead of us don't need a RB because they all have this RB or that RB. Then when they get to our pick it suddenly becomes BPA, even though we have Green, Dayne, Taylor, and Lundy. Like the other teams won't pick the BPA. I guess I just don't understand this type of thinking or is it just wishful thinking? :confused:

Back