Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hyperthetical: Whould U trade Watson for Trubisky Str8 Up if...

michaelm

vox nihili
If it meant that Bill O'brian would not be your head coach anymore, 4ever, after next season?

Think about it. One year of pain to end the pain and bring in a REAL head coach that doesn't THROW AWAY ur superbowl chances.

Face is. Watson is never going to get a ring with BoB as the Texas head coach.

Trade him to the Bears with the elite defence they have and let him get a Superbowl. (we can trade him right back afterwards if that sweetens the deal?)

Only one rule for this thread, you have to answer yes or no - you can't just make up ur own hyperthetical where you get to do whatever you want with the team.
I need one clarification to the rules before I can answer your hypothetical question.

Do I have enough time to smoke a lifetime of crack like you apparently have, before giving my answer?

MeatBear77

Rookie
I need one clarification to the rules before I can answer your hypothetical question.

Do I have enough time to smoke a lifetime of crack like you apparently have, before giving my answer?
1 I have never smoked crack

2 everyone has a lifetime

3 if u smoked crack for a lifetime you wouldn't have to ask me that question

4 stop trolling please

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Totally disagree. I know the loss to KC was hard to watch, but this team is close. Fix the defense, this team can compete. When the opposing team can march down the field and score possession after possession, you are not going to win.

I know the end of this season is a disappointment, but this team has made progress. We beat some good teams, which this team hasn't been able to do in the past and we advanced past the first round. We played a tough schedule and won 10 games when many on this MB were predicting a losing season. Don't let your hate for BOB blind you to what this team has accomplished. If this team can continue on the trajectory they are on, they have a chance to make some serious noise next season. The priority has to be fix the defense, that is the Achilles heal of this team. We need to add some talent and I think it is time to move on from RAC.
Meanwhile, players are getting older, contracts are running out...

The NFL isn’t about being close. Things dramatically change from year to year. The league is littered with teams who were “on the right track” just to see their opponents pass them by.

Not saying they can’t or won’t improve, just that “theyre on the right track” shouldn’t really put anyone at ease.

Texas Jake

Rookie
Meanwhile, players are getting older, contracts are running out...

The NFL isn’t about being close. Things dramatically change from year to year. The league is littered with teams who were “on the right track” just to see their opponents pass them by.

Not saying they can’t or won’t improve, just that “theyre on the right track” shouldn’t really put anyone at ease.
It is not easy to win a championship, that's why most teams don't. When you are this close, the answer is not dismantle the team and start over,

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
It is not easy to win a championship, that's why most teams don't. When you are this close, the answer is not dismantle the team and start over,
Let's start with getting to a conference championship first before we start talking how hard it is to win superbowls. Forget the fact that we are the only team in the division to not reach one since inception and all three other teams have been one game away from the superbowl since OB has been here.

Baby steps.

But, Sure, you bring in a new coach if you feel like the current mix is not getting it done and likely wont.

Tampa got rid of Dungy and brought Gruden in for one year and won it all. Would Dungy have still won it all? Maybe, but they didnt care about how "close" the team seemed to be.

If the feeling is that the OB led Texans have peaked and there is another coach that can squeeze a little more out of this of this group of guys then it's an easy decision.

But apparently the Texans arent down with any of that. They probably are impressed by all the division championships while each of the other teams take turns being better when it counts.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
If it meant that Bill O'brian would not be your head coach anymore, 4ever, after next season?

Think about it. One year of pain to end the pain and bring in a REAL head coach that doesn't THROW AWAY ur superbowl chances.

Face is. Watson is never going to get a ring with BoB as the Texas head coach.

Trade him to the Bears with the elite defence they have and let him get a Superbowl. (we can trade him right back afterwards if that sweetens the deal?)

Only one rule for this thread, you have to answer yes or no - you can't just make up ur own hyperthetical where you get to do whatever you want with the team.
Absofuckinglutely. Because Deshaun Watson won't become what he can be with O'Brien in power anyway.

Texas Jake

Rookie
This close?
Most of what I wrote didn't make the post. I was having connectivity issue and only the first part got posted after I refreshed and hit post reply. I dont remember all I wrote, but part of it was the last 5 to 10 percent of building a championship is very hard to accomplish, and most teams on the edge never make it. How many team make the playoffs and look very good, get eliminated, then eventually fade away not reaching the final game? Most.

We are in that 5 to 10 percent away category. Can we reach the next level? That is to be seen? But when you are this close, it is not scrap all you've done and rebuild time. It is time to correct the deficiencies to improve what you have. Could the required change be at HC, certainly. But it is not.time to completely dismantle this team and start over. I still think we are a few pieces away from a championship and believe next year could be the year. I have been a Houston NFL fan since 1978, I am used to having my soul crushed.