Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How Many Sacks Will our Team Notch Against the Chiefs?

How many sacks against KC?

• 1-3

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • 4-6

Votes: 48 45.7%
  • 7-9

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kmartin575 said:
Thanks. Believe me, I'm not one for talking smack (unless I'm on a Raiders messageboard). I may say things that not everybody agrees with but I will not say something like "your team sucks". I would rather talk football than talk smack.

With as much as we have had to deal with last year, any shot at our O-line can be taken all too seriously. It's still a sore spot for fans and for the team itself, so be careful about that.

P.S.- I really couldn't imagine a Raiders forum NOT being a smacktalk forum. :tease:

kmartin575 said:
Raggedy O-line? Will Shields is one of the best guards in the game. Brian Waters is also one of the best guards in the game, although I guess he won't be playing. Casey Wiegmann is one of the best centers in the game. Kyle Turley at left tackle is still better than anybody the Texans have at left tackle. I really laugh at a Texans fan talking trash on another teams offensive line. Your line has been the worst in football for quite some time.

You do understand we aren't playing our offensive line against theirs don't you??

& Just because we had the worst offensive line in the league last year, doesn't mean we can't talk trash on other offensive lines... my line being bad, doesn't change the fact that yours is also.

didnt we get 3 sacks in the first game we ever played against the chiefs? and I believe it was a drive stalling sack that clinched the game for us. Kyle turley is not in game shape, not up to game weight and If I recall hasnt played in almost 2 years. and from what i heard in the paper, the backup LT they didnt think could be a starter so he got moved to RT. so I voted 4-6, I'm also taking into consideration they dont have the FB richardson to help out and will have an untested late signed backup QB. It could be more like 7-9. we'll see. as pumped up as our defense has been, I wouldnt wanna be the Chiefs QB.

SassyTexan said:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/09/26/another_dreadful_sunday/

Biggest HURT ever! Man! .... from above article

"But there wasn’t a loss, even in that 6-10 season of 2001, that hurt as much as what happened to the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium against the Houston Texans."
"And, make no mistake the Chiefs are a good football team. They just are not a good team right now. Lose to the Broncos in Denver; that’s understandable. Lose to a team that made the Super Bowl last year, that’s hardly an upset.

But lose to a 0-2 Houston team that’s just in its third season of existence? And, drop that game at home, with a crowd that was revved up and as helpful as any group Arrowhead has seen in some time? There’s no way to easily explain what’s happened to this football team."

It will be nice when the day comes, that losing to the Texans, isn't the lowest thing in the universe that can happen to another NFL team. Waiting for the day when losing to us can be understandable too.

whatever.... mr spank'n

hope you noticed that was a home game for you....

meaning we spanked yo ass in your backyard.

thunderkyss said:
whatever.... mr spank'n

hope you noticed that was a home game for you....

meaning we spanked yo ass in your backyard.

Sort of like they drove us on our homefield during primetime? One of my Texans experiences I'd most like to forget.

Was this trash talk? ... if so, it doesn't seem effective IMO.

TexansLucky13 said:
With as much as we have had to deal with last year, any shot at our O-line can be taken all too seriously. It's still a sore spot for fans and for the team itself, so be careful about that.:tease:

It's not a sore spot. Our O-line problems are more of an obvious fact. :tease:

This game could theorectically turn into a sack fest on both sides. We've got a rookie LT (albeit a very good one) and Seth Wand. We're improved, at least with Flannagan, but this is also the first preseason game. We're excited about our D-line, but nobody said we're the greatest pass blocking team ourselves.

kmartin575 said:
Willie Roaf didn't play against you guys last year but you expect to all of a sudden get sacks by the dozen? If Larry Johnson were playing the whole game he would have another 200+ game.

I only expect a half dozen sacks regardless of your offensive line. Larry Johnson will have to run a lot because Trent Green will be curled up on the sideline crying. Oh yeah, Larry Johnson is soft too according to Dick "Teary Eyes" Vermeil; therefore, he might be on the sideline spooning Trent Green after he runs into the wall a few times.

jerek said:
Sort of like they drove us on our homefield during primetime? One of my Texans experiences I'd most like to forget.

Was this trash talk? ... if so, it doesn't seem effective IMO.

Well I thought it was appropriate, since he had just been telling us that we play like pee-wee league....ers... yet we were able to beat them.... once...... so they beat us once....... but the only way his talking makes any sense(to me) would be if we had never beat KC, which we have.

thunderkyss said:
Well I thought it was appropriate, since he had just been telling us that we play like pee-wee league....ers... yet we were able to beat them.... once...... so they beat us once....... but the only way his talking makes any sense(to me) would be if we had never beat KC, which we have.

Ah ... got ya now.

Guys, Kyle Turley is not going to do as bad as you think. He has looked great in training camp and when he went up against Erasmus James in a scrimmage with Minnesota he owned him. Yes Turley is a little bit undersized, weighing in around 285. However, Denver Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis is also around that same weight and has done just fine in this league.

Somebody talked about our backup left tackle not being good enough there so they switched him to right tackle. You might be talking about Will Svitek and that is not true. He is a monster and is most likely our future starting left tackle. He is strong as a bull and is very quick and able to keep up with just about any speed rusher. The only reason he isn't starting just yet is because he just went through a full season of NFL Europe and he was a defensive lineman in college at Stanford. The guy is going to be a great left tackle in this league.

kmartin575 said:
Guys, Kyle Turley is not going to do as bad as you think. He has looked great in training camp and when he went up against Erasmus James in a scrimmage with Minnesota he owned him. Yes Turley is a little bit undersized, weighing in around 285. However, Denver Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis is also around that same weight and has done just fine in this league.

The last time Turley tried to play LT he got torched for 13.5 sacks on the season. That ain't good and it was before his back problems and weight loss.

remember folks, were facing a tough KC o-line....with or without willie roaf. ill go with 3. thats not too bad against a good o-line.

Well, lets see. If Mario gets a sack or hits a runner in the backfield on every defensive play :) then how many defensive plays will there be? :tease:

Yes, I've thought about that too, our defense could be so great that there will be so many 3 and outs/ turnovers... our offense will ALWAYS be on the field:club: oh the injuries!.... but oh the points ...

Back