Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How Confident are you.....

What will or play-offs end in

• Total voters
worst fan base ever.

Ravens, Bengals, Colts.... I bet, for the most part, their fans aren't overly confident that they will win the Super Bowl. I'm sure most... practically most would think they are lucky if they get past the Wild Card weekend.

We aren't any different.

The same people didn't believe before this game. This performance has nothing to do with the doubters. I will continue to support them until they lose. Until then I 100% have faith in the best Texans team ever. If they win it all the same doubters will be like I had faith the whole time

Sorry, I never expressed any doubt that this team will be in the Super Bowl until today.

Three & a half games our offense has looked pathetic.

The 19th ranked defense just picked up the mortgage on Reliant.

I feel the same way I felt last week and the week prior.

Don't think were going to the big game, but it's not out of the question. I think anyone we face first is going to beat us though.

He's calling me the board Nazi, because I think it's unbelievably dumb to have multiple threads on the same goddamn topic.

Wow, if you owned the football (texanstalk.com) you could take your football and go home to pout. We always have multiple threads, some merge & others don't. Go to a different restaurant if you think you will not enjoy what is being served.

I voted SB and lose. I am losing some confidence as this team seem to refuse to take it's future in it's hands and hammer out wins. IMO, we should have gone into playoffs 15-1. Some on the players and some on coaches. It was a hard loss for me to swallow today.

Wow, if you owned the football (texanstalk.com) you could take your football and go home to pout. We always have multiple threads, some merge & others don't. Go to a different restaurant if you think you will not enjoy what is being served.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

The only way this team survives two weeks of the playoffs is if they get a bye and sit out the first one. Three weeks is out of the question the way they're playing.

Just sad to see the cowboys continue to fight while the other team in texas went to the corner layed down and put their thumb in their mouth.

The situations don't compare .They ( being the cowboys ) have to win to stay alive, where as we are in already fighting for seeding . We didn't need this win to clinch HFA , we can still do that next week.

Some people ( not saying you ) were complaining about having 3 weeks off. How it could be bad for the team to take that much time off. Now they can go into next weeks game and start that momentum . Arian got hurt already , no need to get anyone else hurt. I still got my faith , call me a homer but it think we'll be just fine

Yeah, but you've never been that much of a homer anyway. :kitten:

HAHA i have always been a look the other way, things will improve, we are #1 even when we were 2-14 kind of guy. BUT damn this is getting old. We finally have a team that we could win the superbowl with (Have no doubt we have the talent) BUT do we have the leadership to get us there.

Pulling the starters in the 4th quarter 2 out of the last 3 games shows me that something is lacking. Kubiak can be made at his players for not executing his sorry game plan all he wants, but this is one of the times he can honestly say "Its on me".

Now that i have calmed down a little since the almighty texans offense produced 2 whooping FGs while trying to secure Home Field advantage. My opinon still stands.

We get a lead and we play scared in games. We get a lead in the AFC and we play scared, same old Kubiak moto. Play not to lose unlike teams like the patriots and SF who instead play to win. We have far to much talent on offense to be losing the way we did in this game and against the Patriots.

Say what you want, sure Schaub had a bad game, who on offense besides AJ had a good day ? But were the players put in the right position to win the game ? I dont think so. You dont pull the starters with that much time left down by 3 scores. We have all seen teams come back with less time left.

Sorry for the rant but this team has leadership issues on offense and the guys leading the offense.

As far as defense goes, they gave up some big plays sure, but they kept AP in check and gave the O many many chances to get the team back into the game.

Gee, those 49ers really play to win. What's that? They were up 31-3 last week and ended up having to win late? Oh.

Like I said, there aren't any dominating team in the AFC this year.

The Broncos two wins against teams with winning record were against the Bengals and the injury-ravaged Ravens.

The Pats have lost more games, and they had struggled against the Dolphins and the Jags as of late.

Just bring on the play-offs

I'm one of those weird ****s who don't get too worked up after a bad loss.

Guess what I'm doing? NOT getting worked up.

Man, look. Everyone is RIGHT ON when it comes to "you want to be playing your best football!" True ****. However, once the POs start, it's no point in worrying about the regular season. Yeah, we aren't playing too well at all, but it's just something that has to be worked on to win 3 games in a row (or 4 if you count @ INDY).

Fam, what I'm telling you is this: Be concerned. You have every right to be. However, just don't expect this guy to be worried, when I've seen this before from other teams in years past. Today is OVER, you can't change a thing. What you CAN hope for, is the Texans making sure it doesn't happen again. Already looking forward to the game vs. the Colts, because I know these boys won't do anything but give all-out effort and ball out.

My first playoff thread, you ask? Well...see y'all on 1/12/13.

I'm not worked up either, but I predicted that there will be bloodshed on this MB not so long ago.

Good thing the Texans beat the Colts, LOL!

We're playing our worst football at the worst time...and I feel like we'll be flat comming off a bye week. I have zero confidence in our ability to beat manning or brady right now.

Beside having a great record what do anyone see in the Texans that gives them great hopes of making a SB run? I don't see anything. At this point it's more reasonable to cheer for JJ Watt breaking sack records than a SB title. People will remember that record alot more than a Texans early playoff exit.

Here, let me sum it up for you:

Originally posted by rudedog:
Only one thing to say about tonights game (GARBAGE). Fangio had no answer for anything all game. I don't know what the problem is in getting the plays in time but that is on Harbaugh.

Originally posted by 9NERNATE

Just got back from the game. I honestly have to put this one on the D. They looked tired and a whole speed slower then the Hawks. They looked out of it from the start and looked like they were still tired from last week. The icing was the Akers block. The whole atmosphere changed and any last attempts at a momentum change were demolished. They had us from the start and didn't blow it.

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The D was horrendous, as bad as we've seen the last two years. However, part of that is the D having to play so much.

hmmmmmm well my confidence hasent changed much i still think we can get the NUmber 1 seed and then we just keep it quite rest for 2 weeks and get rdy for the playoffs and div round and i really think we explode in the div game i think we can win that game

and after that all this talk right now will mean nothing

the AFCC game for all the marbles IDK WTF is going to happen in tha game when we have to play the pats or denver but i tell u this it will be 4 all the marbles and after that game all our questions will be answerd

I understand the playoffs are a whole new season, my point is it is still the same team in the playoffs. The same team that was playing for HFA today, the same team who has put their back ups in 2 out of the last 3 games, and it wasn't because we had such a big lead and didn't want to risk injuries to our starters.

Show me some heart, that's all I want to see, from Kubiak and the players. Quitting and acting like there is no hope don't install much hope in their faithful fanbase like most of us.

I live and breathe texans football win or lose. Wish the team had as much passion as some of us is all.

Haven't read any of this thread as I just got back from a family outing where we were watching all of the games today.

I will just say I am embarrassed at the effort the offense put on today. The defense blew some key stops and gave up some ridiculous 3rd and longs however if the offense could have sustained a drive things would have been different.

Confidence? Not much. I don't have confidence in Schaub or the HC. That has been my stance for quite some time and unfortunately they aren't proving me wrong.

This has got to be the weakest 12 win team I have ever witnessed in all of my years watching the NFL. If you cannot compete with an average at best Vikings team (that was blown out by the Bucs in their own stadium earlier in the season) than you have no reason to think you are going to do anything great in the playoffs.

That said, this team is moving in the right direction. This is not a Super Bowl caliber team however replace the Head Coach and starting QB and this team should continue to progress. :)

I'd like for you to go to their MB and report back what their fans had to say about this "Inspiring" loss. :)

I went to 49erswebzone.com/forum and in the search box type the word "quit"
It took me into a thread about a fan needing advice about quitting smoking.
I typed that same word here I get a firestorm of rants.
Yeah sure the sky is falling on their forum but everyone there knows they've beaten all three elite QB they play this season. (Rogers, Brees, Brady.) Yeah, they not too worried in that area.

I went to 49erswebzone.com/forum and in the search box type the word "quit"
It took me into a thread about a fan needing advice about quitting smoking.
I typed that same word here I get a firestorm of rants.
Yeah sure the sky is falling on their forum but everyone there knows they've beaten all three elite QB they play this season. (Rogers, Brees, Brady.) Yeah, they not too worried in that area.

Glad to know they think it's OK to lose to non-elite QBs.

Man, you can be a writer or a politician the way you draw up these things. :)

Initially I was pissed off because of the effort, which I still kinda am. However, I still look at the bigger picture. We still have everything in our hands. Coaching has to be better and Schaub needs to man up as well. I'm still confident this team can get it done when it matters.

Glad to know they think it's OK to lose to non-elite QBs.

Man, you can be a writer or a politician the way you draw up these things. :)

Russell Wilson might be non-elite by default because of his rookie status but he's definitely a lot more legit at this point than Christian Ponder. I find losing to arguably the worst QB in football at home alot less OK than losing to a high rising player like Wilson.

Russell Wilson might be non-elite by default because of his rookie status but he's definitely a lot more legit at this point than Christian Ponder. I find losing to arguably the worst QB in football at home alot less OK than losing to a high rising player like Wilson.

Ok, so we'll let them slide with the loss to Wilson.

Why the heck did you complain about losing to Rodgers and Brady?

And oh wait, they did lose to the Vikings, and Ponder had a better day against them, too! :)

And oh wait, they did lose to the Vikings, and Ponder had a better day against them, too! :)

Ponder played at home and with his best WR Harvin healthy in week 3. You think SF will get dominated like we did if they reverse role with us? Good teams like 49ers will have bad games. They just don't have bad games for more than a month straight.

Ponder played at home and with his best WR Harvin healthy in week 3. You think SF will get dominated like we did if they reverse role with us? Good teams like 49ers will have bad games. They just don't have bad games for more than a month straight.

So you didn't like how we put little Luck in his place?

So you didn't like how we put little Luck in his place?

Man, I have to admit I was afraid Luck would light us up last week. That guy is smart and is cool in the pocket. If we play him again in the PA and if Wade keep dialing blitz and expect him to get rattle again we will lose that game.

Man, I have to admit I was afraid Luck would light us up last week. That guy is smart and is cool in the pocket. If we play him again in the PA and if Wade keep dialing blitz and expect him to get rattle again we will lose that game.

Man, I think the Colts could be extremely dangerous in the playoffs to us after playing us for two straight games. They'd know us really well. I'd rather the Texans avoid that match up personally.

Some of the responses are silly. If someone is upset after a loss they are 'morons' and 'doubters'? Last I checked no one here wrote what it means to be a fan nor is their some official guide. Because some have doubts does not change the fact that those same fans will most likely be there cheering every Sunday (or whatever day). If they choose to not think we have enough right to get the job done it isn't like they are pulling it out of thin air. You'd have to be blind to not see the issues.

So if you have doubts, it's understandable. If you don't, then more power to you. But no one is more a fan one way or another. Heck, Browns and Raiders fans are filling their stadium every Sunday. They doubt they'll win. But they are still fans. So getting up in arms about folks who have doubts is just a bit ridiculous.

lol you will feel better about your forum by going to the steelers forums

Man, I think the Colts could be extremely dangerous in the playoffs to us after playing us for two straight games. They'd know us really well. I'd rather the Texans avoid that match up personally.

they know us but u know what they got beat inthe trenches last game

that only proves they can all know us all they what if u get beat in the trenches that just proves the texans are better then the colts

Here, let me sum it up for you:

Originally posted by rudedog:
Only one thing to say about tonights game (GARBAGE). Fangio had no answer for anything all game. I don't know what the problem is in getting the plays in time but that is on Harbaugh.

Originally posted by 9NERNATE

Just got back from the game. I honestly have to put this one on the D. They looked tired and a whole speed slower then the Hawks. They looked out of it from the start and looked like they were still tired from last week. The icing was the Akers block. The whole atmosphere changed and any last attempts at a momentum change were demolished. They had us from the start and didn't blow it.

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The D was horrendous, as bad as we've seen the last two years. However, part of that is the D having to play so much.

the defense? the offense scored 6 points and you blame the defense who kept peterson in check.

that only proves they can all know us all they what if u get beat in the trenches that just proves the texans are better then the colts

we will see how sunday goes...

The way we look right now, we're one and done....

Offense not working, pass rush outside Watt is broken... recipe for disaster...

The same people didn't believe before this game. This performance has nothing to do with the doubters. I will continue to support them until they lose. Until then I 100% have faith in the best Texans team ever. If they win it all the same doubters will be like I had faith the whole time

roflbot.jpg

I find it amusing that some of the people I've had the most debate with either haven't voted on this at all or voted the same choice I did.

the defense? the offense scored 6 points and you blame the defense who kept peterson in check.

If you read carefully, you'll see those were posts from people on the 9er board. They were blaming their defense for losing that game last night. They did not play Peterson.

But.... here's my thing. The odds of winning that game were extremely low, especially once you got into the 3rd qtr. The chance of injury to a key player in a senseless effort went up pretty much the same time.

Had Iupati, Staley, Crabtree, Gore, Aldon Smith, Willis, or Rogers got hurt, that would be the talk today. "Why did Harbaugh have them in at that point?"

But, since they are playing a division game against their closest competition, & a young QB who needs to play... I can see why he did it & why his situation is vastly different than ours.

They didn't "quit" because they couldn't. They haven't won their division yet.

We beat the **** out of the overrated colts this week. Rest depends on matchup. We don't want the broncos or pats on first game. They need to play each other first

Yes, they are better, but playing any team 3 times is very difficult. Ask the patriots from two years ago when they lost to the Jets after decimating them towards the end of the year.

I just don't like the idea of facing Luck in a close game when the 4th quarter starts. Luck is clutch already and he is money in the 4th quarter. The Colts are playing with a nothing to lose mentality and they're letting it hang all out there. The Texans play very stiff under Kubiak a lot of times with his philosophy. Sometimes it works when we can run the ball very well, but when we can't we aren't able to adjust that well.

Andrew luck overrated right now. Likes said his team is winning and I have no idea how..maybe last place schedule helps

Back