Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How are Carolina fans feeling about Bryce Young? I'll show you.

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
I signed up for their forum a while back because I was convinced that Carolina would take CJ Stroud #1. They had a contingent that wanted Young and another that wanted Stroud. Anyway, here is a thread on their board that you might find interesting - or not.

I signed up for their forum a while back because I was convinced that Carolina would take CJ Stroud #1. They had a contingent that wanted Young and another that wanted Stroud. Anyway, here is a thread on their board that you might find interesting - or not.

Bryce can play no doubt.

The question is, and it’s the same one of Tank Dell, will his body be able to be effective in a couple of years?

Bryce can play no doubt.

The question is, and it’s the same one of Tank Dell, will his body be able to be effective in a couple of years?

I think Bryce will be fine. I told those Carolina fans that I thought that CJ was the better pick (this was before the draft) because I believe that he is an elite passer and has a higher ceiling. When it's 3rd-and-long and I need a big-time pass, I'll take CJ over Bryce.

I think Bryce will be fine. I told those Carolina fans that I thought that CJ was the better pick (this was before the draft) because I believe that he is an elite passer and has a higher ceiling. When it's 3rd-and-long and I need a big-time pass, I'll take CJ over Bryce.

Bryce is actually a better player, but how long?

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I get a "gay" vibe from Bryce. I have no idea if he is or isn't, it's just how he comes off to me. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter just that he can play football.

Here’s a better question, did the Browns mess up by trading for Deshaun Watson? Texans suffered for two, long painful years but light is bright end of the tunnel.

:logo:
How much more, would NFL team offer (not that I’m in any way suggesting such a stupid move) for CJ Stroud?

Texans suffered for two, long painful years but light is bright end of the tunnel.
Time works different for some of us I guess. That first year, there was a bit of hope. Davis Mills. Culley got fired. They didn't hire McCown?? is that his name, as our head coach.

But yeah, I was filled with hope through that whole offseason with the Texans generating turnovers in the preseason... went downhill from there. That was a long year.

Kurt Warner with the excuses about the Oline for Bryce now…..

Nice to know CJ is being protected by an All-Pro OL.

On the other hand, with a better OL I could see CJ at a 70% completion percentage or better, 400-500 more yards, and maybe another 5+ TD’s on his stat line.

Last edited:
Just watched tape of CJ from Tampa game and was impressed with Texan offensive line protection. Tytus actually played well @ LG, with Tunsil by his side. Michael Deiter was very good, considering.
That's what I said. Those PFF guys must have phoned it in after the 1st qtr.

I posted on their forum some time before the Texans Panthers game that Bryce was gonna be fine & I still believe that.

Part of his issue is the same issues that Tua had at the beginning of his career. he’s got a bad fit for HC in Reich who more or less got Luck killed and forced into early retirement, he doesn’t have anything around him weapons wise. Thielen is his #1 target and the high picks they spent on WR’s aren’t looking to great right now, and of course his o-line is trash.

Get him a legitimate #1 WR threat and just a wee bit more protection and I think he has enough to show some growth. Right now, his growth is being stymied.

I posted on their forum some time before the Texans Panthers game that Bryce was gonna be fine & I still believe that.
I agreed with this before the draft. My only issue with Bryce was his size & what it "might" mean for his durability.

But watching those breakdowns, we can already see bad habits setting in. He's lost his base. He's just throwing the ball as best he can, when he can & his feet are nowhere near where they need to be to make the throws that ended up in those INTs last Sunday.

It's not about reading the defense for him now. He's just trying to survive & his coaches aren't doing anything to help him.

I'm not saying he's ruined. But he's well on his way. Someone floated the idea of benching him for a few weeks & made it sound like the Panthers were giving up on Bryce if they did. Personally I think that's what they need to do to save him. If they can't protect him on the field, they need to take him off the field. Let him live in the perfect world of practice & get his mechanics right again. Two or three weeks. Then put him back in. Hopefully the coaches have figured some other things out to help him be successful by then.

I agreed with this before the draft. My only issue with Bryce was his size & what it "might" mean for his durability.

But watching those breakdowns, we can already see bad habits setting in. He's lost his base. He's just throwing the ball as best he can, when he can & his feet are nowhere near where they need to be to make the throws that ended up in those INTs last Sunday.

It's not about reading the defense for him now. He's just trying to survive & his coaches aren't doing anything to help him.

I'm not saying he's ruined. But he's well on his way. Someone floated the idea of benching him for a few weeks & made it sound like the Panthers were giving up on Bryce if they did. Personally I think that's what they need to do to save him. If they can't protect him on the field, they need to take him off the field. Let him live in the perfect world of practice & get his mechanics right again. Two or three weeks. Then put him back in. Hopefully the coaches have figured some other things out to help him be successful by then.
Perhaps not benched completely as that might mess with his mind.
Perhaps he comes in in certain situations and particular plays sharing time with the backup?

Perhaps not benched completely as that might mess with his mind.
Perhaps he comes in in certain situations and particular plays sharing time with the backup?
I'd bench him completely. But I would tell him & everybody that it's not because he's not meeting our expectations, but we're not helping him as a team. The team needs to play without him, without even thinking about him for a little while. He's been sacked almost 4 times per game. That's insane to keep putting him out there.

Not saying that Bryce is the problem. But the team needs to work on "fixing" somethings completely isolated from Bryce.

Just like with our team, I didn't want to teach a new offensive system at the same time I was trying to teach a QB to play in the NFL. It's working for us, not working for Carolina. I'd put Dalton in & try to isolate all the problems I can from Bryce, get them fixed, then put Bryce back in.

Last edited:
People talk about our draft & trade failures over the last few years but the panthers? Oh man. They may very well have ended up giving Chicago the #1 overall pick due to the trade up to get Bryce. And the 1 thing Bryce could use right now is a legit #1 WR….Marvin Harrison sure fits the bill there, but they’ll have no shot to get him….what a disaster.

they better hope egbuka or worthy slide to the 2nd.

If they hadn't traded up, they would still have DJ Moore so not as bleak. Throwing him in to the deal is showing to be a huge mistake in hindsight
Heard Reich explain, Bryce was their guy @ most important position, that overrides keeping DJ Moore, even though they did want to keep him. Over paid? Surely, but if they hit like Texans did with CJ it will be more than worth cost.

Part of his issue is the same issues that Tua had at the beginning of his career. he’s got a bad fit for HC in Reich who more or less got Luck killed and forced into early retirement, he doesn’t have anything around him weapons wise. Thielen is his #1 target and the high picks they spent on WR’s aren’t looking to great right now, and of course his o-line is trash.

Get him a legitimate #1 WR threat and just a wee bit more protection and I think he has enough to show some growth. Right now, his growth is being stymied.
I agree with you on this, I don't know why Reich was sought after as a HC after his Colts debacle (Luck's injuries/hits started before Reich but he didn't help it). I think people fell in love with Reich after the Eagles won their SB, but that offense was more about Doug Pederson and not Reich.

Bryce has the talent to play at this level but not enough to overcome that offense as it is now. They better do something because he is getting hit at an alarming rate.

Back