Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans: Unanimous #1 in NFL.com Power Rankings

If the play-offs were to start today, the Steelers would be in. The Ravens would be in & so would the Colts.

The Giants, Bears, & Seahawks would be going for the NFC.

There are 5 games left, do you think the play-off picture will remain the same?

I don't. I don't think the current W-Ls tell us who the best teams are. I think the Saints will make the play-offs. I don't think the Giants will win their division & I think Tampa Bay will make the play-offs.

My whole point in bringing up this thread, was to illustrate if the power rankings were done correctly, the Saints would be higher than the Giants. Tampa Bay would be higher than Seattle. There would actually be several teams "ranked" better than their record. Several teams "ranked" worse than their record. I think the final standings will show that.

I think the Bengals will make it over the Steelers. The Bears, Packers and Giants I see as locks in the NFC. So that leaves one spot left. New Orleans has a tough remaining schedule (@ATL, @NYG, @DAL, TB), so I don't see them making it in. That leaves Seattle & Tampa Bay. TB is hot right now so I will say TB will make it in.

Yeah, saw that. They're the only one of the major media that did not rank us at #1.

Bspn, CBS, profootballtalk all rank the Texans #1

Which is good. Makes me think I'm giving Peyton too much credit. Shell-shocked maybe.

Which is good. Makes me think I'm giving Peyton too much credit. Shell-shocked maybe.

That guy is always dangerous.
I called the Broncos the dark horse before the season.
The Broncos have a pretty good defense and that makes for a lethal combination.
They play really fast, but I think our Zbs guys match up with them well.
And we have a secondary that can match up with their offensive threats really well also.

My brain translated that to "both". Could be wrong though. :headhurts:

You should be my interpretor when I speak at the U.N.

"Bofe" is an African American word meaning "both."

Example:

"Which do you think you'd have a good time with, Stacey Dash or
Golden Brooks? "

"Bofe uhm (both of them.)"

You should be my interpretor when I speak at the U.N.

"Bofe" is an African American word meaning "both."

Example:

"Which do you think you'd have a good time with, Stacey Dash or
Golden Brooks? "

"Bofe uhm (both of them.)"

Lol. Nice. Yep, "bofe uhm" is slang, and is usually spoken fast and quick, to emphasize the point.

I agree with Dex!

"To be the man, you need to beat the man" (or team). :howdy:

Well right now "the man" is Big Blue. Defending Super Bowl Champs, so I could care less about playing those other chumps. As a matter of fact, I'd rather see the "sorry" Seahawks in the Super Bowl & not see "the man" at all.

Brady turns into Superman in the playoffs, whereas Manning is a lot more mortal in the post season, than he is in the regular season.

Brady has been blown out of the play-offs at home twice in the last few years. New England hasn't won a SuperBowl since TO was complaining about McNabb.

Back