Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans. 10/23. 12 PM CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

219px-Houston_Texans_logo.svg.png
282px-Tennessee_Titans_logo.svg.png

The AFC South looks like a two-team race, although both the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans have plenty to improve upon as they chase the division title.

They’ll battle for the South lead Sunday in Nashville, with each team looking to bounce back from a tough loss.

Houston (3-3) fell 29-14 in Baltimore last week to give idle Tennessee (3-2) the division lead, though the Titans are coming off a 38-17 defeat at Pittsburgh on Oct. 9.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=Avfn75pMdxw3AG.B4ZnyMUBDubYF?gid=20111023010

EXPERT PICKS
2duco4n.jpg

67k1p5.jpg

2e4yaol.jpg

What I want to see Today:

Run the football, and run it WELL!

My goodness. This is getting old. We run the football with wreckless abandon in Houston, TX. We don't get held to little or nothing on the ground. O-Line, wake your asses up. Arian, no mistakes today, homie.

Smithers, release the hounds.

What I mean is: BLITZ! No, not the return of the video game, but the defense. Matt Hasselbeck got his cranium cracked 2 weeks ago by the Steelers. We need to see some pressure from our guys today.

Optimus Prime is out (Dre), so to the rest of the Autobots: Let's Roll out!

Forgive me if you don't get the Transformers reference, but we need the other guys to step it up. We have some ballers on this team. Walter, Jones, Arian, OD. All of these guys are more than capable of putting up numbers.

Finally, punch Cortland Innegan in the stomach.

Literally.

You know how you feel when you accidentally have a few too many with your friends and get the spins, and then you end up telling yourself "I am never going to drink again" but of course you do.

That is sorta how I feel every Sunday morning as I wake up excited to watch a Texans game despite knowing better.

That being said, would be nice to see a win today, Go Texans.

Nice thread starter, Shark.

For entertainment purposes only:

Home O/U Opening line -3 -125 43.5 -110

Recent Trends

Houston:
  • Over is 19-8 in HOU last 27 vs. AFC South
Tennessee:
  • Under is 9-2 in TEN last 11 vs. AFC South.
  • Over is 6-2 in TEN last 8 games on grass.
  • TEN are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games in Week 7.
Head to Head:
  • HOU are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings.
  • Over is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.

Weather will not be a factor.

Partly cloudy ~70 degrees and zero wind!....................and open air NATURAL GRASS stadium...........this should somewhat lessen home field advantage and make for lessened injury risk...........and we DO need some injury risk management advantage.

This game is on Kubiak and Schaub. They have to have the game plan and game of the year. No brain farts allowed. I know Wade and his guys will do their part.

This game is on Kubiak and Schaub. They have to have the game plan and game of the year. No brain farts allowed. I know Wade and his guys will do their part.

one minute late, couldn't agree more. would be nice if wade and the boys could score some points on their own or force like five turnovers

one minute late, couldn't agree more. would be nice if wade and the boys could score some points on their own or force like five turnovers

The way our offense has been playing lately, we're gonna need the defense to really step up today.

Hey Texans. Don't disappoint all your fans again and ruin everyone's Sunday.

Thanks.

Pfffft! We all already know how our Sunday is going to go the minute we wake up. Its just so exciting to find out what very important player we will lose to injury and how dramatic/pathetic we will look in giving the game away. Cant wait for this weeks details to unfold!!!

Go Texans!!!!!

I'm ready for some Texans football! Wearing my brandy new white Watt #99 jersery (thanks again Dutch!) :fans:

I wish I could make a joke about how I wish the trend would continue about owners right before their game with us (Rest In Peace, Mr. Al Davis and Mrs. Patricia Modell) but I don't want to be politically incorrect so I'll just say this. Eat **** and die Bud. And invite your team to go along with you. :shades:

Texans' inactives: 13 QB Yates, 26 CB Harris, 61 G Austin, 66 T Gardner, 80 WR Johnson, 86 FB Casey, 93 DE Bulman

Titans inactives: QB R. Smith, S C. Hope, LB C. McCarthy, C K. Matthews, T B. Stingily, DT Z. Clayton, DE W. Hayes

This is exactly the kind of important game where the Texans just don't give a ****. I hope I'm wrong but until they start winning these types of games, I remain convinced that the Texans players, coaches and ownership are just happy to be millionaires collecting a check.

This is exactly the kind of important game where the Texans just don't give a ****. I hope I'm wrong but until they start winning these types of games, I remain convinced that the Texans players, coaches and ownership are just happy to be millionaires collecting a check.

Give it up for that post. I have the same sick feeling. :clap:

I think we'll find out just about all we want to know about the Texans after today. They've lost three out of their last four. I've predicted a loss today, and like you, I really want the Texans to kick ass and prove me wrong.

:texan:

:logo:

Beat them 54-3.

Actually, might have to be 0, since we'll be same old Texans if we give up 3.

Hey, Man City went into their main rivals' building and beat their ass this morning. 6-1. Hopefully we can do the same.

Great post and repped. They lose today then change must come by Monday or the season is lost.

I think we'll find out just about all we want to know about the Texans after today. They've lost three out of their last four. I've predicted a loss today, and like you, I really want the Texans to kick ass and prove me wrong.

:texan:

:logo:

Exactly, and what a broken record that would be. But like you, I want the Texans to give me faith.

Whats the deal with Harris? Is he just a slow learner, or is he another CB bust for the Texans?

wouldnt worry about it yet.. plenty of cb's like aso etc didnt start their first yr. it usually doesnt end well if they do

as for the game, im a bit uneasy with holiday returning. all i remember is him fumbling and dropping kicks last yr

I've got mixed feelings about this game. God help us. Losing to Tenn is the most infuriating thing in the world (next to those awful Twilight movies).

What a gross stat, Houston has led in ALL 6 GAMES in the 3rd quarter but only won 3, thats how bad we are in the 4th.....ugh

Back