Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ New York Jets. 7:30. 10/8. **Official Monday Night GameDay Thread**

The Night Game: Part 1 of 4

espn-monday-night-football-logo.jpg

It's all going according to plan for the Houston Texans, who are enjoying the best start in team history but still see room for improvement.

The New York Jets will be hard pressed to make themselves better without their top playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Playing their first game in prime time this season, the Texans try to remain unbeaten Monday night against the Jets, whose much-maligned offense faces more scrutiny after learning receiver Santonio Holmes is out for the season.

The Texans (4-0) already are comfortably atop the AFC South since all of their division rivals have one win apiece. Unlike past years when it over-relied on quarterback Matt Schaub and the offense, Houston appears to have found a proper balance - it's averaging 31.5 points while leading the AFC in scoring defense at 14.0 per game, total defense (273.0 yards a contest) and passing yards allowed (182.8).

That balance was on display in a 38-14 win over Tennessee on Sunday. Schaub was efficient - going 20 of 28 for 202 yards and two touchdowns - and Arian Foster added 86 rushing yards and a score. Danieal Manning and Kareem Jackson returned interceptions for TDs.

2db03z9.jpg

2rwaqte.jpg

34eqg5f.jpg

For more picks, go here: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts

What I want to see:

Run the football early and often.

Let's face it, the Jets run D ain't what it used to be. So with that said, it's time to unleash doses of Tate, Foster and even Forsett on these dudes. SF did it, Buffalo did it, so we need to hurt them with it, as well.

The 1st sack by the following: Connor Barwin.

Yo, big man...it's time. You've got some pressures, even a knockdown or two. Time to break through. How bout this? A sack-fumble! Yeah, that works. Bust in there and get a sack...hell how bout 2 or 3?

Get Dre 10K.

This milestone for him would have us all clapping for him the second he gets it. A great achievement for a great receiver. Can't wait to see him get it, and the best way to get such a record would be on a TD in front of a national crowd.

Take the Jets out early.

They are a injury riddled bunch, those Jets. The second you jump on them could mean they lose some confidence. So, with that said, take them and their crowd out of the game early. No mistakes to boost their morale and play a clean game.

Bonus: Stuff the run.

Last week was kind of...um, well, BAD. Chris Johnson got loose for some nice sized runs last week vs. our run D. This week, it's time to tighten that up. Slow Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight (and Tim Tebow, you could say) down and don't allow the Jets to control the LOS.

Finally, it's game day! First game of a back to back "we're playing at night" special. Don't mean nothing's changed, the goal is STILL 1-0 every week! Let's show the nation, the east coast, the west coast and every one else who watching MNF how WE do out here in Houston!!! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!

Last edited:
I think I will be watching this one on gamecast via my phone. Damn. Unless is there a way for me to stream ESPN? I do have cable?

Cant wait. Gonna miss the first 20 minutes but will catch the rest.

Love the notes on NFL -
What to watch: If you're at the game, watch the Jets' sideline. Emotions will be high. If you like football, however, watch the Texans on the field. No drama, no circus atmosphere, just the NFL's most efficient and well-rounded team. What will the Jets' defense be able to take away? Arian Foster in the run game? Receiver Andre Johnson and quarterback Matt Schaub will capitalize. OK, you want to stop the pass? Good luck tackling Foster with seven men in the box. If you haven't checked out the Texans, you'll see why they are so good.

Just for some amusement until game time I found this photo

dailyafternoonrandomness22.jpg

So, in the lead up show on ESPN before the game, you know damn well there'll be 1 minute devoted to the Texans for every 10 minutes devoted to the Jets. Even if all they have to talk about is how bad the Jets are, they'd rather do that than speak of the Texans.

I very much dislike ESPN and will be watching NFLN instead. They aren't a whole lot better, but they are enough "better" to skip ESPN's horse****. Then again, I might just skip all of it and play games on my computer until the game on TV starts.

And this day is taking to frigging long. Every minute is a like an hour.

I think I will be watching this one on gamecast via my phone. Damn. Unless is there a way for me to stream ESPN? I do have cable?

The Beeb have the right to MNF over here this season but are only making it available on the iplayer.

You may need to go through a uk proxy to view this as it likely isnt available overseas. If you can get a uk proxy head over to http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/default.stm which will have the link. Thats where I'll be watching it although be prepared for long periods of useless stats being shown as BBC can't show advertising and won't have their own production/presentation team so it'll just cut it every time it goes to a break.

What record for Dre? Fastest receiver to 10k? Meh. I want him to get the MILESTONE. Fitz is right ahead of him and will get there one year faster. Not a good 'record' to be excited about but an awesome milestone.

I woke up at 0330 with butterflies in my tummy and a NON-focused brain flashing the Texan logo every nano-second! Gettin worst as the day goes on! I'm tired, cranky, need a nap, and can't be still one flippin minute. I truly don't think I've been this pumped for a game since we played the Cowboys in 2002! I remember feeling the same way then. We had a tropical storm then and I was petrified out of my skin that I would miss that game. My daughter flooded my van trying to get out of the neighborhood, and I threatened to swim to Reliant. My son-in-law came and got me in his truck and we made it on time to see our infamous 19-10 win.

I know this game is totally different than that one, from an emotional level, but, I'm just so happy for our team and want them to keep on smiling and winning! I could keep on rambling all day, but, I'll give you all a break. Just a little nostalgic right now, and happy as all get out to be a TEXAN fan!!:butterfly::hurrah:

So, in the lead up show on ESPN before the game, you know damn well there'll be 1 minute devoted to the Texans for every 10 minutes devoted to the Tebows. Even if all they have to talk about is how good the Tebow is, they'd rather do that than speak of the Texans.

Fixed.

Love the notes on NFL -
What to watch: If you're at the game, watch the Jets' sideline. Emotions will be high. If you like football, however, watch the Texans on the field. No drama, no circus atmosphere, just the NFL's most efficient and well-rounded team. What will the Jets' defense be able to take away? Arian Foster in the run game? Receiver Andre Johnson and quarterback Matt Schaub will capitalize. OK, you want to stop the pass? Good luck tackling Foster with seven men in the box. If you haven't checked out the Texans, you'll see why they are so good.

I actually dont mind missing the first 30-60 min and just record it while staying off the internet or listening to the radio so I can fast forward through the bs

Im going to miss most of the first half, in class till 8:50. Will follow on twitter till out of class, then need to find somewhere to watch the game by SMU.

Praying I don't get too many desperate on-call messages tonight. It'll suck if I have to watch the whole thing out-of-phase.

No injuries, convincing win, a little more national respect. :hurrah:

Has it been posted that Tate is probably not playing?

Well here you go..

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Ben Tate (toe) is unlikely to suit up for Monday Night Football against the Jets.
He is officially a game-time decision. Coach Gary Kubiak said Saturday Tate would "probably be ready" to play, but in a game the Texans are favored to win by nearly 10 points, they simply don't need to risk further injury for their No. 2 back. Tate will likely attempt to go in pre-game warmups, but Justin Forsett should be expected to back-up Arian Foster. You need to make other plans if you were planning to throw a Tate hail mary in deeper fantasy league.

Sounds like we might be seeing a bit of Forsett tonight. A RB with fresh legs might work in our favor

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Texans RB Ben Tate, a limited participant in last week’s practices due to a toe injury, is unlikely to play tonight vs. Jets.

Houston Texans running back Ben Tate, a limited participant in last weeks practices due to a toe injury, is unlikely to play Monday night against the New York Jets, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak had been optimistic that the backup running back would be able to play after he practiced Saturday. Justin Forsett will be counted on to spell starter Arian Foster if Tate can't play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8478791/source-houston-texans-rb-ben-tate-likely-vs-new-york-jets

I woke up at 0330 with butterflies in my tummy and a NON-focused brain flashing the Texan logo every nano-second! Gettin worst as the day goes on! I'm tired, cranky, need a nap, and can't be still one flippin minute. I truly don't think I've been this pumped for a game since we played the Cowboys in 2002! I remember feeling the same way then. We had a tropical storm then and I was petrified out of my skin that I would miss that game. My daughter flooded my van trying to get out of the neighborhood, and I threatened to swim to Reliant. My son-in-law came and got me in his truck and we made it on time to see our infamous 19-10 win.

I know this game is totally different than that one, from an emotional level, but, I'm just so happy for our team and want them to keep on smiling and winning! I could keep on rambling all day, but, I'll give you all a break. Just a little nostalgic right now, and happy as all get out to be a TEXAN fan!!:butterfly::hurrah:

C'mon boys, how can you not rep a post like this?? MSR!!!! Thanks ST, I love the nostalgia from you.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a not so good vibe about this game for some reason. I know we out match them in practically everything, but man, that feeling in my gut is getting to me

Man, perfect day to have a light load at work, get to relax and chill before the game starts. Gonna be tired tomorrow though. Lets get em.

Yes, they did. I admit it. Probably will be that way for the rest of my frickin life. :(

Until the confidence is earned, it is given sometimes grudgingly. I know the feeling. I am getting to the point where our defense has earned my confidence that they can most assuredly do a number on the Jets offense. However, I am not to the point yet this season where I trust complete our offense and most especially I don't trust our special teams further than I can throw them.

Yes, they did. I admit it. Probably will be that way for the rest of my frickin life. :(

I hear ya.

Next Man Up cured some of that. Continued 20pt victories are helping as well.

When the other team's best chance for victory is "well hey, on any given Sunday in the NFL" or in this case, "it's Monday Night Football!" then I feel pretty good.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a not so good vibe about this game for some reason. I know we out match them in practically everything, but man, that feeling in my gut is getting to me

I've had it since the J'ville game, and yes the Oilers did a number on me.

Don't you hate it? I do. I have every reason in the world to be nothing but excited about this game and still, in this little corner of my mind where Columbia Blue left a huge pee stain after marking it's territory I feel the other shoe slowly coming down (whether it is or isn't matters not).

I'm thinking class-action lawsuit to make the Titans pay for therapy for us and those like us.

Don't you hate it? I do. I have every reason in the world to be nothing but excited about this game and still, in this little corner of my mind where Columbia Blue left a huge pee stain after marking it's territory I feel the other shoe slowly coming down (whether it is or isn't matters not).

I'm thinking class-action lawsuit to make the Titans pay for therapy for us and those like us.

Post of the day. Hell, that's post of the month so far.

Thorn certifies Herv's post as 100% accurate and applicable to all old Oiler fans.

Yes, I hate it. It's almost like I need a fricken lobotomy in order to really enjoy this season. You're right, I'm waiting pessimistically for the other shoe to drop, so it makes it agonizing instead of fun watching the game. :brickwall: And my wife, she wasn't around for the Oilers, so she doesn't understand it.

And yes, I need therapy.

F the Oilers.

Post of the day. Hell, that's post of the month so far.

Thorn certifies Herv's post as 100% accurate and applicable to all old Oiler fans.

I think there's a whole slew of us in the same boat. I was I'm in for the lawsuit!!

Let me know I'm only 3 hours from Nashville-maybe it'll all make us feel better if I can go over and kick Ole Bud in the shin or junk whatever.

Love the notes on NFL -

Just for some amusement until game time I found this photo

dailyafternoonrandomness22.jpg
#93 "Do you see what I see?"

Chilli cheese dog for lunch? :kitten:

Yes, I hate it. It's almost like I need a fricken lobotomy in order to really enjoy this season. You're right, I'm waiting pessimistically for the other shoe to drop, so it makes it agonizing instead of fun watching the game. :brickwall: And my wife, she wasn't around for the Oilers, so she doesn't understand it.

And yes, I need therapy.

F the Oilers.

I know how you guys feel, I have felt that way for a long time too. But that was then, this team is different, enjoy the ride fellas! :texflag:

MSR! I hear ya Herv! I definitley need therapy, so I'm in!!

I can till ya this for sure. IF I was a drinker, I woulda started about 6 this morning! My nerves are SHOT for some reason today! To much friggin hype! Sometimes I wish we were the lowly underdogs so we can come out the hero's, like the meatballs did yesterday! See, there ya go, another pee stain sticking it's ugly head up in my mind!!:foottap:

Just gonna continue to think positive and be ready to head to the airport to welcome our HERO'S home! Is it to soon to do that? J/K Some good memories of those Luv Ya Blue days!!

Back