Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

Im not taking anything out of context. He isnt a great scrambler. Yesterday's game he could have run for a first down and didnt but if he was so great on his feet it would have been easy. Since his first 2 games he has tried to scramble he just tends to run in the opposite direction of the line thus taking 15+ yard sacks. He cant duplicate what he was doing in those first two games so if you keep going back to them its worthless.

When i say scramble to move the pocket i mean run to his left or right to move the pocket. And he is only getting 15 yard sacks when guys blitz untouched and he retreats instead of throwing the ball away, two totally different things.

When i say scramble to move the pocket i mean run to his left or right to move the pocket. And he is only getting 15 yard sacks when guys blitz untouched and he retreats instead of throwing the ball away, two totally different things.

Scrambling to his left/right is an option when someone comes untouched up the middle but so is the turtle and just not losing extra yardage. After his first two games he was still moving to the outside and taking deeper shots he was just missing them. What we saw in the first two games isnt the norm and way too many people got excited thinking it would be the norm for Case

first two games

35/59 59.3% 621 yards 10.52 ypa 4 tds 0 ints 2 fumbles

last 6 games

102/194 52.5% 1139 yards 5.87 ypa 5 tds 6 ints 4 fumbles

If there is a fluke in the scenario it would be the first two games.

There was a perfect example to the contrary yesterday. He dropped back, Newton's guy was bringing him in an arc to the drop spot. The interior OL was holding and there was a large gap to the right between Newton and Brooks. Instead of stepping up and scrambling right, Keenum pulled a 270 degree counter clockwise pirouette to end up with his back to the LOS still in the path of the DE and then headed back and to his original left into the rush from the opposite side Brown had sent way wide (all the while having no chance to look at much less complete a pass). It was horrible decision making. He didn't buy time, he only gave ground.

Scrambling to his left/right is an option when someone comes untouched up the middle but so is the turtle and just not losing extra yardage. After his first two games he was still moving to the outside and taking deeper shots he was just missing them. What we saw in the first two games isnt the norm and way too many people got excited thinking it would be the norm for Case

first two games

35/59 59.3% 621 yards 10.52 ypa 4 tds 0 ints 2 fumbles

last 6 games

102/194 52.5% 1139 yards 5.87 ypa 5 tds 6 ints 4 fumbles

If there is a fluke in the scenario it would be the first two games.

Kubiak did not want Keenum making Schaub look bad, so he coached him poorly/put him in a position to fail.

Duh.

Quite dense, aren't you?

The Texans have developed a "coached" tendency. Much like your tendency to obfuscate the actual argument. Alas, I doubt we can fire your coach.

There is nothing coached, tendencies or otherwise causing ints in either tj, case or Matt. Matt lost his marbles, tj and case never had them when this happens to a qb they will try force it to their near hof WR. Eli must have these coached tendencies, geno too or any other qb that goes pick happy

There was a perfect example to the contrary yesterday. He dropped back, Newton's guy was bringing him in an arc to the drop spot. The interior OL was holding and there was a large gap to the right between Newton and Brooks. Instead of stepping up and scrambling right, Keenum pulled a 270 degree counter clockwise pirouette to end up with his back to the LOS still in the path of the DE and then headed back and to his original left into the rush from the opposite side Brown had sent way wide (all the while having no chance to look at much less complete a pass). It was horrible decision making. He didn't buy time, he only gave ground.

exactly and thats what i'm talking about

Well then that explains the disconnect because I view that play as being on Keenum and you are putting it on the coaches.

What i am saying is he was leaving the pocket early and often, then the coaches got in his head now he refuses to leave the pocket. Thats why i am putting it on the coaches.

What i am saying is he was leaving the pocket early and often, then the coaches got in his head now he refuses to leave the pocket. Thats why i am putting it on the coaches.

Well in that play he left the pocket early and dumb. That's why I am not putting it on the coaching.

Please tell me you are trolling?

Hardcore.

I have been on the "Keenum is not/will never be an NFL starting-caliber QB" wagon since last training camp. Now, once they put him in, I wished I was wrong. But it does not look like I was.

True. At the same time, even if you get the OL fixed, you aren't going all the way unless you have the QB.

We've seen teams with great QB's succeed despite poor OL play. We've seen teams with great OL's succeed despite poor QB play, but the ceiling is always lower. Quarterback is, by far, the most important position for every franchise. OL or not, we have to find that guy or it's all for naught.

But what if there are no Great QBs in the draft? Do you spend 1-1 on a QB which is about the same as the next 8 QBs when you can probably get a similar QB with pick 33? I know there are two schools of thought on Teddy's ceiling, but I haven't heard anybody say he makes it to the elite level like last year and next year.

Back