Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread**

I don't like winning through bad officiating, but against this dirty Lions team, it's entertaining as hell.

it wasn't bad officiating. They are taught to be slow on whistles. It would've come back through the td scoring review process. That's on Schwartz. He put those points on the board for us plain and simple.

Nice speed by Martin getting around the corner. I think he was working on his speed this week after getting run down by a punter, LOL j/k

He was down, but there was no contact by the Lions D WHILE he was down. Therefore no whistle..

The defender caused him to go down though.

But he was down BY contact.

No! This is what I am trying to relate. From the NFL rule book.

Contact by an opponent (called down by contact) where the opponent tackles the runner by pushing him, grasping him and pulling him to the ground, sliding into his legs, or touching him in any manner prior to any part of the runner other than his hands or feet touching the ground. Unlike the use of the word tackle in other sports, if the opposing player fails to down the ball carrier, it is merely an attempted tackle. If the ball carrier falls onto another player but he doesn't make contact with the ground, he can still get up and keep playing. A player on the ground is not considered part of the ground.

I didn't care much about this game but **** it. **** these fans, thug players, and these morons claiming we're being gifted this game.

They are putting out 3-4 WRs so we have to drop someone back into coverage. That is buying Stafford lots of time.

Also not to mention our secondary has been terrible

Back