Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

hey fellas! tough loss last week but we Ravens fans remember that skull dragging the Texans gave us last year. to be honest, I was sitting at home and said; "Schaub is good for at least 2 picks" a game and then bam! he threw that pick 6 to my boy Smith.

question: I don't keep up with the Texans much as a Ravens fan so, what do you guys feel it is that causes Schaub to toss so many picks? he seems like a solid QB.

He throws off his back foot a lot on the short to intermediate passes and he doesn't have the arm strength to do it.

He throws off his back foot a lot on the short to intermediate passes and he doesn't have the arm strength to do it.

I do agree that it's most likely an overestimation of his arm strength that leads to so many batted balls, which leads to interceptions. But he's also got a slow trigger. The release is fine, once he makes up his mind, but from decision to cocking his arm, let's just say you can write a book.

However, I believe the primary reason for his propensity to throw interception is his novel approach to ball placement. He tries to put the ball where it's "easiest" for the receiver to catch the ball, regardless how his receiver is being defended. Since he is usually throwing to wide open targets, it doesn't bite him as often as you'd think it would.

That's because he doesn't have a healthy back foot to push off of..........a problem that effects both strength of throw (especially in tight spaces) and accuracy (again, especially in tight spaces).

Anybody see Russell Wilson mic'd up. I want to see Matt mic'd up.

If we try and establish run I think we get stuffed.
Short passes will be defended closely. Hopefully no interceptions.
When MS holds ball longer he will be rushed and either get sacked, throw ball away. fumble ...

Back