Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals. 11/10. 3:25. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Feel sorry for JJ Watt

Why? I don't. He's making millions of dollars playing a game.

I feel sorry for the fans who actually force themselves to watch this crappy team play and lose a couple years off their lives because that's just how frustrating it is.

Case has had a bunch of chances to win late and has failed every time. He has skill, no doubt, but he's got a lot to learn. His deep throws were horrible at the end of the game
You don't throw deep on 3rd and 3

horrible called game today, all the empty back fields, the bad play calls when the blitz is coming, the in ability to adjust. Atleast Case looked pretty good considering how the o-line looked and atleast AJ got 2 more TDs.

Our coaches need to learn what half time adjustments mean, cause we are seriously lacking there.

case 0-3 as a starter. 2 chances at game winning/game tying drives failed.

it's cool tho. he's still a rookie and this is nothing but reps for next year.

Why? I don't. He's making millions of dollars playing a game.

I feel sorry for the fans who actually force themselves to watch this crappy team play and lose a couple years off their lives because that's just how frustrating it is.

You don't feel bad for greatness being wasted? I do. You can't ***** about crappy play then not feel bad for the two insane performances by our two best players going to waste.

Do not absolve Case for that 3rd down. You cannot blame the play calls for conservative short stuff and over-aggressive deep stuff.

Keenum plays aggressive. He wanted to go deep and it cost us.

Yeah. We've been hearing (and rightfully so) that Case is going to screw up. He's for all intents and purposes a rookie QB (well, "first time starter") and tonight at the end of the game he screwed up.

Lots of blame to go around and Case gets his share too.

Case has had a bunch of chances to win late and has failed every time. He has skill, no doubt, but he's got a lot to learn. His deep throws were horrible at the end of the game
You don't throw deep on 3rd and 3

He's shown flashes, but obviously still a lot to learn! At least he has a bunch more games this season to keep learning.

Texans lost, cougs lost, and rockets lost....not a good weekend for me in sports.

Rockets have hope... texans will continue to lose until Kubiak and crew are gone. I can't believe they didn't see this coming... but when fans sellout reliant unfortunately they don't give a care.

This season sucks, ugh. I'm at the point where I'd rather see them just lose out and get a top 5 pick. From Super Bowl aspirations to just sucking instead. Disappointing.

Yeah. We've been hearing (and rightfully so) that Case is going to screw up. He's for all intents and purposes a rookie QB (well, "first time starter") and tonight at the end of the game he screwed up.

Lots of blame to go around and Case gets his share too.

i agree, if anything we should of ran a QB draw on 3rd and 3, i was expecting one TBH. And keenum looked way off on his deep balls tonight, maybe the coverage was just that good ?

I don't get mad watching games nowadays I guess this acceptance is good for my blood pressure

We have plenty of games left to see if Case can be the guy before the end of the year. BTW, what the hell is up with our 2H play?

Rockets have hope... texans will continue to lose until Kubiak and crew are gone. I can't believe they didn't see this coming... but when fans sellout reliant unfortunately they don't give a care.

I actually think the same thing about the Rockets and McHale.

Just send the house every play and the Texans will not move the ball an inch as long as Keenum is the qb. He does not have the tools to beat it.

Why are they going deep twice? Wasted downs.

Thats all case....he's shown the tendency to throw deep with a single high safety.....AZ was baiting him all day to throw it but seemed to have made it a priority to take it away from him b/c he hit none today and none were even close TBH...his deep ball touch caught the 1st 2 teams off guard.

He also had 3 near picks today throwing underneath......teams are adjusting

He's shown flashes, but obviously still a lot to learn! At least he has a bunch more games this season to keep learning.

He will keep getting sacked Derek Newton should not be starting on any nfl teams offensive line period. Those three points came back to bite us.

case 0-3 as a starter. 2 chances at game winning/game tying drives failed.

it's cool tho. he's still a rookie and this is nothing but reps for next year.
He's not a rookie. He has a lot to learn about beating blitzes. Apparently so does our coaching staff.

The lack of Arian Foster........yall like to say Tate can do the same things. No he can't. Tate works better when Arian is playing. Tate as the #1 back doesn't work.

Thats all case....he's shown the tendency to throw deep with a single high safety.....caught the 1st 2 teams off guard...AZ seemed to have made it a priority to take it away from him b/c he hit none today and none were even close TBH...

He also had 3 near picks today....teams are adjusting

Teams are adjusting....but he still didn't throw picks. No kubiak hurt this game, just like the 2nd half last week.

3fb78c555d07afec93d365112d4769a0_large

somebody has to help keenum, you cant have essentially a rookie quarterback in his 3rd game throwing it 40+ times. our leading rusher had under 40 yards for the first three quarters, we couldnt block anyone, and the coaches have to be able to adjust when teams start sending the house. i'm not absolving keenum of anything, he's gotta learn to pick up the blitz and make better decisions, but you cant put the entire offense on his shoulders - especially when that's not how our offense is built to run.

Thats all case....he's shown the tendency to throw deep with a single high safety.....caught the 1st 2 teams off guard...AZ seemed to have made it a priority to take it away from him b/c he hit none today and none were even close TBH...

Offensively he needs a better strategy coaching wise. In other words he needs another coaching staff, a better line and Foster back at running back.

Yup that's the nfl. The game was a lot closer than it should have been thanks to watt and dropped ints

Case didn't win the game for us. So, anybody want Schaub back? Not me. Case, for me, have proven beyond a doubt that he's better than Schaub. Maybe Case will end up being our starter for years to come, maybe he won't. But out of the three QBs on the team, Case is presently our best chance at winning.

Foster might be done. Tate would be running better without 4 cracked ribs. Maybe he is worth keeping, but he has trouble staying on the field.

Just send the house every play and the Texans will not move the ball an inch as long as Keenum is the qb. He does not have the tools to beat it.

no QB has the tools to beat an all out blitz while the o-line lets them all through, only thing that helps in those situations is a screen, quick slant, and sometimes a draw. The reasons he failed on the blitz are more on the play calling, that is the job of an O.C to guess what the D is going to do and counter, Dennison failed horribly.

Bob Mcnair needs to let someone else make decisions on how to run a nfl franchise to get to the super bowl. Bob just knows how to get paid and the people he hires are in place just to fill up seats. I would clean house right now at 2-7.

We need a lot of help in a lot of areas but the first area I think we need to fix is the one that's been our Achilles Heal for a couple of years now. Our OL is the most broken thing on this team. It's killing us not being able to protect the QB. It was devastating when Schaub was in there and Keenum who is seriously mobile is still getting rushed and hit way too much.

The line is broken. Newton has to go. He's like having no one at all there sometimes. Whoever is playing next to him gets an automatic deduction from their overall grade just for having to play next to him. Myers is still getting it done but Smith on the left is having a bad year and frankly so is Brown. I don't remember ever seeing Duane Brown look as ineffective as he has at times this year. I know it sounds weird but he really seems just "small" and "weak" compared to previous seasons. Something has changed and I don't know what it is. That guy didn't go Vegan on us and not tell anyone did he?

We're staring at a 2-4 season I think. I didn't want to believe it until now but we are. It's sad because along with driving a stake into all of our hearts it's probably going to kill Keenum's career because he won't be able to turn this train wreck around. For the record I still think we've found our franchise QB. I just don't think changing that one part is going to be enough to get this thing back on the tracks.

Why do we keep going with no back sets? Defenses kust tee off when they see it and destroy our QB

our coaching staff is just inept at making adjustments to other teams adjustments.. im not gonna write this kid off because hes hasnt shown the ability to beat the blitz yet. the guys that qbs target to beat blitzes are a backup rb with broken ribs, a practice squad rb, and a TE that was 4th string a couple years back. they are no OD and Foster. ive seen yates beat the blitz with these guys no reason to believe keenum cant do it..

if keenum was drafted in the first round, and this was the start to his season, despite being 0-3, i think most would be optimistic about the future.

I think a blocking sled would protect the QB better than Newton.

A blind, motarded monkey with no arms could protect the QB better than Newton....

an that is selling the monkey short...

This is Keenum's audition for the next head coach. Let the kid sling it around and see what happens. Offense needs to pick up blitzes better but do you really expect anything less?

We need a lot of help in a lot of areas but the first area I think we need to fix is the one that's been our Achilles Heal for a couple of years now. Our OL is the most broken thing on this team. It's killing us not being able to protect the QB. It was devastating when Schaub was in there and Keenum who is seriously mobile is still getting rushed and hit way too much.

The line is broken. Newton has to go. He's like having no one at all there sometimes. Whoever is playing next to him gets an automatic deduction from their overall grade just for having to play next to him. Myers is still getting it done but Smith on the left is having a bad year and frankly so is Brown. I don't remember ever seeing Duane Brown look as ineffective as he has at times this year. I know it sounds weird but he really seems just "small" and "weak" compared to previous seasons. Something has changed and I don't know what it is. That guy didn't go Vegan on us and not tell anyone did he?

We're staring at a 2-4 season I think. I didn't want to believe it until now but we are. It's sad because along with driving a stake into all of our hearts it's probably going to kill Keenum's career because he won't be able to turn this train wreck around. For the record I still think we've found our franchise QB. I just don't think changing that one part is going to be enough to get this thing back on the tracks.

Agreed on Newton, I'm changing my stance, I wanted the best NT in the draft. But after watching Keenum getting pummeled the last 3 weeks OT is priority #1. Also rd 4-5 should be a draft pick that adds quality depth to the interior OL. Those 2 picks and a burner WR would complete the offense. Hopefully Posey can become that guy.

Regardless, I dont want Rick/Gary making any kind of personel decisions. It's time for them to go.

A blind, motarded monkey with no arms could protect the QB better than Newton....

an that is selling the monkey short...

This is Keenum's audition for the next head coach. Let the kid sling it around and see what happens. Offense needs to pick up blitzes better but do you really expect anything less?

Case did sling it but they were well off the mark

Case did sling it but they were well off the mark

I know, he has to learn to pick up blitz and hot reads as well. It seemed like he was having to throw well before he was ready to and was off badly...

Arizona just served up the Texans next opponent the blue print on how to shut down the Texans offense. Now it is the Texans coaches job to make adjustment in which we all know they won't do that...

Back