Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Honest Question to People Who Are Unsatisfied with the Free Agency Period

I dont think they're opening the window for the superbowl. Look at th backfield, wr2, pass rush, and oline. Watson has 1 threat on offense. They also only have really 1 guy who gets double digit sacks. They're 3rd down rb sucks, and I haven't made it to the the oline. Go get Justin Houston who is better than any of your pass rushers not named Watt. For 5m per, you could've had Coleman. They just seem to do the minimum and hope for the best.

I dont think they're opening the window for the superbowl. Look at th backfield, wr2, pass rush, and oline. Watson has 1 threat on offense. They also only have really 1 guy who gets double digit sacks. They're 3rd down rb sucks, and I haven't made it to the the oline. Go get Justin Houston who is better than any of your pass rushers not named Watt. For 5m per, you could've had Coleman. They just seem to do the minimum and hope for the best.
Interesting.
It would help our pass rush big time and we wouldn't have to take DL @#23.
How much would he cost?

I was excited about Gaine and liked last years draft.

Missing on 2 members of our secondary in fa and mostly brain dead in leftover fa acquisitions have me concerned. Not only do we need to fill our needs, we need enough talent to bypass O'Brien.

I dont think one more draft class (as it currently stands) does that.

9-7 as is.

Here's the thing if all our players stay healthy then we are a legit contender for a deep playoff run. The combination of Watson, Hopkins, Fuller and now Coutee can light up any defense if they are all on the field and on defense we need to do better on the pass but any team running it are stopped cold. If all our players are healthy we don't need to make many improvements.

And that's where my fears come in, I'm worried that the Texans might be banking a little to much on the current team staying healthy. They seem to have a "There is no plan B" mentality. I'm not really disappointed with this F/A, none of the big dollar signing were worth it IMO, but these one year contracts seem odd and there were a few cheap pieces we could have gotten for depth. Also, and I'm not sure if this is BoB or Gaine, but someone is way to confident that they can have freshly drafted rookies NFL ready with one off season. Even the best coaches can't do that very often.

Here's the thing if all our players stay healthy then we are a legit contender for a deep playoff run. The combination of Watson, Hopkins, Fuller and now Coutee can light up any defense if they are all on the field and on defense we need to do better on the pass but any team running it are stopped cold. If all our players are healthy we don't need to make many improvements.

And that's where my fears come in, I'm worried that the Texans might be banking a little to much on the current team staying healthy. They seem to have a "There is no plan B" mentality. I'm not really disappointed with this F/A, none of the big dollar signing were worth it IMO, but these one year contracts seem odd and there were a few cheap pieces we could have gotten for depth. Also, and I'm not sure if this is BoB or Gaine, but someone is way to confident that they can have freshly drafted rookies NFL ready with one off season. Even the best coaches can't do that very often.

Agreed

Like I said I'm waiting until after the draft/TC before passing judgement, but Gaine/BOB are putting alot of weight on the coaching staff and Devlin particular I've got doubts whether he's up to the challenge of coaching up a couple of rookie OL to an avg NFL starter level.

And that's where my fears come in, I'm worried that the Texans might be banking a little to much on the current team staying healthy. They seem to have a "There is no plan B" mentality

John McClain said Gipson & Reid will be our starting safeties, with Hal as the reserve.

It's March. John McClain don't know Jack. But he's most likely right. We shouldn't be settled in in our 3rd safety just yet. Every position on this team should have someone vying for someone else's job.

Back