Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Home Field Advantage

BuffSoldier

Veteran
Reading todays article, I noticed the advantage the Texans have playing at home, not only do they have the best loudest fans in the world, but the most teams arent used to that Texas heat, when we open that roof and teams like Minnesota come down here this year and get a feel of that heat, they gonna fall out before half time.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I was thinking that alot. For Minnesota, we should open the roof and for GreenBay we should close the roof since Favre usually sucks indoors. But I know with it being a night game and all many would want the roof open.

Fiddy

All Pro
The Vikings suck on grass, they have some outrageous record when playing on grass (I dont know the excat, but it is like a 2-20 record on grass, something strange like that) thats why I was surprised everyone gave them the Cardinals game at the end of the season.

I think the roof is going to be open for a Sunday Night Game.

J-Man

Waterboy
While we may agree that it's good football tactics in the dome open/close debate...the bottom line is what they think will keep the fans most comfortable, happy with the facility, coming to games and spending money. I didn't get the impression that they made the "dome call" based on geography of the visiting team the last 2 seasons...more to do with the weather forecast.

All that on the table...yeah, we ought sweat the purple off the Vikes on GP's.

TexanExile

A New Hope
I HOPE that roof's open for the night game. I was bummed that it wasn't open for the Super Bowl and think it'd make for great TV--more good PR for Houston.

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
OPen if its hot, raining, snowing who care just open all the time. this is football, man, football.

Nawzer

Alienz
Roof should be open for the Green Bay game..the weather should be awesome by then and the stadium looks awesome with the roof open.

edo783

Hall of Fame
We have had a demonstrable advantage with home games. This is why I think we will pull off what at this time is considered a big upset. I think we will beat Greenbay. However, by that point in the season it will not seem the majpor upset that it looks like at this point. Their season IMO, will not be going particularly well at that point and ours will be going reasonably well.

Blake

MMQB
even if the roof was open, they would have a dozen water cooling fans on the sideline for those eskimos.