Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hey guys.

Our special teams are not that special. LOL

As bad as they have played the last two years why hasnt the soap come out on the special teams coach? I am just so pissed off that they cant seem to get past the 20 on special teams I may start a fire marciano thread.

What about coverage?
I think we're pretty good coverage-wise here especially with Neil Rackers. This kicker is a gunner and is always around the tackle if he's not the one doing the tackling. Love his physicality... now if we could get him to have a higher arc on his kicks...

Another thing... we love to get caught blocking in the back.

Here's something that may lift your spirits a bit: You're going to see Bernard Pollard killing Chiefs this week.

I have no doubt about it. He hates the Chiefs for how they dumped him at the start of last year. There was a big blowup with the coaching staff, and they publicly disparaged him.

He's coming to wreck our ****.

Bernard's already leading the team in tackles as a freaking SAFETY, so if he "wrecks your ****,"
you win the game.

I think we're pretty good coverage-wise here especially with Neil Rackers. This kicker is a gunner and is always around the tackle if he's not the one doing the tackling. Love his physicality... now if we could get him to have a higher arc on his kicks...

Another thing... we love to get caught blocking in the back.

We like Bernard "knock the piss out of you" Pollard just fine. Plays the run, real well. However, he sucks in coverage!

If the Chiefs have great special teams coverage units, Im thinking we might just be better off if we had no KR. Just let the ball bounce into the end zone every time and start at the 20

We like Bernard "knock the piss out of you" Pollard just fine. Plays the run, real well. However, he sucks in coverage!
LOVE Pollard. I'm not even going to get into the bashing of his coverage. 100% fan of Benard Pollard. I don't think he regularly lines up for kickoffs does he?

So far Slaton is turning out to be a one year wonder. I hope that's not the case, but so far it's certainly looking that way.

So far Slaton is turning out to be a one year wonder. I hope that's not the case, but so far it's certainly looking that way.

I'm not so sure about that. I think he's done pretty well this year as a RB; he just isn't Foster. I suppose Ward has outdone him as well, but I just see it as things having worked out surprisingly well at that position.

But he's definitely no KO Returner. Somebody remind me why Andre Davis is on injured reserve. We could really use him and JJ for several things right about now.

Last edited:
Huh?? What about kickoffs?
We are not on the same page. I must have misunderstood somewhere. I thought we were only talking about special teams coverage. Pollard's our FG/punt blocker but I haven't seen him too much on kickoffs. I might be just missing him.

We are not on the same page. I must have misunderstood somewhere. I thought we were only talking about special teams coverage. Pollard's our FG/punt blocker but I haven't seen him too much on kickoffs. I might be just missing him.

:secret: I was referring to his "ball-hawking" skills in the secondary. Or lack thereof! ;)

I couldn't help but notice that my old friend Bernard Pollard was out of position.

263www7.jpg

Back