Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Help needed for next season

Tearstain

Waterboy
Yes I am getting in there early ;)

In the NFL.com league I play in the admin is adding defensive players.

Anyone got some tips on who to look out for or what positions score best?

Yes I am getting in there early ;)

In the NFL.com league I play in the admin is adding defensive players.

Anyone got some tips on who to look out for or what positions score best?

Depends on what your scoring system is like in your league. Some value sacks and INTs way more than others. Some only count tackles. You'll need to know those details as well as how many and which positions are being opened; DL, LB, DB.

Linebackers are always good.

Check the league site - I know yahoo will give you the stats from last year based on how your league is set up, so you can see what kind of points based on position. Tha will give you a good idea of who to draft for the IDP positions.

Ive played in Idp leagues the last 3-4 years. Ultimately, your scoring system should determine what you do. Sacks and ints typically score the most points but you can't count on them to happen. If tackles are your bread and butter like in my leagues I've had great success with 3 down linebackers.

Look for passing offenses and incompetent offenses and find the 3 down backers on those teams. Defenses for those teams are normally on the field way more and get more opportunities.

Idp leagues reward players who do their homework. All casual fantasy players know who Peyton manning is but how many of them are familiar with a guy like Paul Posluzny? Plus, these guys are a dime a dozen and there's no need to fill extra roster spots with them.

Opportunity plus talent often equals production here.

A guy I've got my eye on right now which I think most people will overlook is cj Mosley. Where will he go? Will he start? Yet to be determined. But he was a busy college backer and if he gets a starting job i'd take a shot at him. See what he does for a 2-3 week stretch and if his production is minimal, move on. It's that simple.

I may miss on a top running back (hello ray rice) but I usually make up the difference with my 3 starting backers. It's gotten to the point where maybe 50% of my league who are casual fight tooth and nail to get my bye week Idp castoffs. Give it a try. It's more fun then picking a team defense.

Thanks for the help all. I have taken all the tips on and will be using them.
After the draft I don't think the Jags D will be on the field as much as last time

As it happens I have been made a co league owner and he has asked me to sort out the D side of the points system.

I don't want the D players to get more points that the O players so I am saying 0.5 pts per tackle and 5 points per Sack or Int

Does that sound about right?

Back