Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Heisman

Excellent ending and why I think so.

Tebow: had his shot at glory already and will probably be drafted first round.
Suh: I can't cry for him. He will be top 3 if not first pick.
McCoy: Heisman would not effect his draft slot or his ability to be NFL QB. UT may used as incentative against Alabama.
Ingram: if he goes pro, trophy may help him be selected high and allow my guy Gerhart to drop to Texans.

Gerhart: okay so I'm selfish. I know what he can do and I want him to do it in Houston. After he does well at combine, I am hoping out of sight, out of mind and he falls to round three. I do not think Smith will select a back in first two rounds. With everybyd loving the Slaton & Chris Johnson type back, I'm hoping a few of those go before Toby. Brighten up RMartin65, this could have been the best thing for us.

Haha, looking at the brightside of things, I like it. I would be more than willing to accept this outcome, if the Texans draft Gerhart.

Draft Toby Gerhart 2010!

Haha, looking at the brightside of things, I like it. I would be more than willing to accept this outcome, if the Texans draft Gerhart.

Draft Toby Gerhart 2010!
On another thread, I posted a link from Walters rating RBs in Oct and our guy was ranked #7. I sure hope so. I enjoyed watching him on the Heisman show. He looked very humble and real to me.

Jilted Texas quarterback takes on Heisman winning running back for BCS national championship. I swear I have seen this movie before.

c'mon guys Gerhart will be gone by the Texans 2nd rd. pick stop fooling yourself w/3rd rd. illusions.

they could just take Toby in 1st maybe trade down & pick up another pick in the process or take C.J. Spiller, Clemson he reminds me alot of Chris Johnson :shades:

c'mon guys Gerhart will be gone by the Texans 2nd rd. pick stop fooling yourself w/3rd rd. illusions.

they could just take Toby in 1st maybe trade down & pick up another pick in the process or take C.J. Spiller, Clemson he reminds me alot of Chris Johnson :shades:

Spiller reminds me of Darren McFadden.

Yep, I am down with this. Late 1st early second is where I have him pegged, but a guy can dream no? I stand by what I have said earlier, I would pick Gerhart with any pick after 22. I believe he is that good. If our pick rolls around (around 15), and Haden and Thomas are gone, I would trade back to 26 or so, pick up a 3rd (similar to the Brown trade) and draft Gerhart in the first.

I agree with the Spiller assessment. I see him as a Johnson type player, probably not as good. But he can return kicks, which is a great benefit.

McCoy: Heisman would not effect his draft slot or his ability to be NFL QB. UT may used as incentative against Alabama.
Ingram: if he goes pro, trophy may help him be selected high and allow my guy Gerhart to drop to Texans.

Gerhart: okay so I'm selfish. I know what he can do and I want him to do it in Houston. After he does well at combine, I am hoping out of sight, out of mind and he falls to round three. I do not think Smith will select a back in first two rounds. With everybyd loving the Slaton & Chris Johnson type back, I'm hoping a few of those go before Toby. Brighten up RMartin65, this could have been the best thing for us.

Ingram is a true sophomore so he can't go pro. And a guy isn't going to get drafted higher just because he won the Heisman trophy. Scouts know what they see and they have the same opinions about all these guys as they did before the award was handed out.

Ingram is a true sophomore so he can't go pro. And a guy isn't going to get drafted higher just because he won the Heisman trophy. Scouts know what they see and they have the same opinions about all these guys as they did before the award was handed out.
My bad thanks. I kept reminding myself, he a soph but went DODO.

Yep, I am down with this. Late 1st early second is where I have him pegged, but a guy can dream no? I stand by what I have said earlier, I would pick Gerhart with any pick after 22. I believe he is that good. If our pick rolls around (around 15), and Haden and Thomas are gone, I would trade back to 26 or so, pick up a 3rd (similar to the Brown trade) and draft Gerhart in the first.

I agree with the Spiller assessment. I see him as a Johnson type player, probably not as good. But he can return kicks, which is a great benefit.
A trade down scenario if Haden is gone (Thomas may return to school) would be great. I am going to be focusing on Mike Johnson OG when Alabama plays Texas.

Jilted Texas quarterback takes on Heisman winning running back for BCS national championship. I swear I have seen this movie before.

Oh God. He'll kill Bama, UT fan's will raid the boards with the Draft McCoy or bust attitude, he'll go to Jville and people will say "All he does is win baby"...

Who the hell will draft Tebow in the first? I think the earliest he goes is the second round.

I don't think Toby is going to blow people away at the combine. I think he'll do well enough to put himself in the second round.

Who the hell will draft Tebow in the first? I think the earliest he goes is the second round.

I don't think Toby is going to blow people away at the combine. I think he'll do well enough to put himself in the second round.

Jacksonville in the 1st so they can put people in the stadium

Oh God. He'll kill Bama, UT fan's will raid the boards with the Draft McCoy or bust attitude, he'll go to Jville and people will say "All he does is win baby"...

You won't see this Texas fan saying that. I love Colt for all that he has done at UT, but I want no part of him on the Texans. I don't think he projects very well to the next level.

Most of the UT fans that frequent this board can separate college from the pros. Unfortunately, not all of us can be that rational.

Jacksonville in the 1st so they can put people in the stadium

What would he do? I don't think Garrard is all-pro but, he's good enough to start and does well with what Jacksonville does. Add that onto the recent contract he signed.

I just don't think Tebow translates well to the next level as a pro style QB.

If Jax really does want him he'll be available in the second and possibly third round.

I don't get that. McFadden is much taller & runs upright. CJ is only 5-11 maybe & 195. Chris Johnson was also 5-11 197 coming out of E. Carolina.

Spiller runs upright as well. Both have questionable leg power. Both have blazing speed. Both struggle to run inside.

Seems like a good comparison to me.

Spiller is pretty much useless running inside. He is also injured constantly. I don't know if I would trust Spiller with a 1st round pick. I would probably be hesistant in the second as well.

You won't see this Texas fan saying that. I love Colt for all that he has done at UT, but I want no part of him on the Texans. I don't think he projects very well to the next level.

Most of the UT fans that frequent this board can separate college from the pros. Unfortunately, not all of us can be that rational.

It would be the influzz who came in here right befor the draft. You remember 06.

Who the hell will draft Tebow in the first? I think the earliest he goes is the second round. I don't think Toby is going to blow people away at the combine. I think he'll do well enough to put himself in the second round.
Walterfootball.com has Jacksonville projected taking Tebow #21 http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php

Tim Tebow is a PR baby and I would not be shocked if drafted in first or if he falls. Matters little to me except for him taking a spot to allow my picks to fall the way I want.

Another link; http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2449566/where_will_tim_tebow_be_drafted_in_pg2.html?cat=14

Peter King http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-say-tebow-wont-get-past-them-in-round-one/

Last edited:
Walterfootball.com has Jacksonville projected taking Tebow #21 http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php

Tim Tebow is a PR baby and I would not be shocked if drafted in first or if he falls. Matters little to me except for him taking a spot to allow my picks to fall the way I want.

Another link; http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2449566/where_will_tim_tebow_be_drafted_in_pg2.html?cat=14

Peter King http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-say-tebow-wont-get-past-them-in-round-one/

Ultimately I don't care where Tebow goes, because he's not going to land here.

I just think it's conveinent and lazy to project Tebow to Jags in the first round. Sure he could be a PR boon for a city that is struggling to support the team, but honestly where could he fit on the team?

At best he'd be competing with Luke McCown for the second spot as a QB. McCown isn't all that, but he's probably more technically sound at this point.

I would think they learned about trying to take a former QB and make him a WR with a first round pick.

Pretty good at RB right now.

If I'm Del Rio I use my first round pick at a better spot like help at LBer.Besides who else in the first round would take a serious look at Tebow? Or hell going into the second round? If he's there in the second I think its possible Jax takes him there.

He's just a pretty big project at QB right now.

I just think it's conveinent and lazy to project Tebow to Jags in the first round. Sure he could be a PR boon for a city that is struggling to support the team, but honestly where could he fit on the team?

At best he'd be competing with Luke McCown for the second spot as a QB. McCown isn't all that, but he's probably more technically sound at this point.

I would think they learned about trying to take a former QB and make him a WR with a first round pick.

If I'm Del Rio I use my first round pick at a better spot like help at LBer.Besides who else in the first round would take a serious look at Tebow? Or hell going into the second round? If he's there in the second I think its possible Jax takes him there.

Weaver is losing so much money that even when they have been to the playoffs that stadium is close to empty. Hell people in jacksonville cant even watch the team on TV in their own city, because they cant sell enough ticktes. Weaver would grab Tebow just to put people in the stands. Tebow doesnt have to be stelar he just has to play and Jags can do the same thing with Tebow that Philly have done with Vick this year.

Please know that I do not disagree with your evaluation of Tebow but will be surprised if he drops out of first.

Tebow to Jags is the sexy pick that everyone is pumping up because they assume they'll so desperately want to sell jerseys and fill seats that they'll draft a player who won't be ready to see the field for several yearss, and when he does probably won't be very good.

it just doesn't make any sense.

Tebow to Minnesota, kinda a luxury pick but Brett can't play forever. Sage & Tarvaris are nothing special. Who knows Brett might actually groom him for when he does retire? Then there is the Percy Harvin reunion, seemed to work out pretty well for them in Florida :twocents:

Yeah, because everyone knows that if you take a QB in the 1st Round and then switch him to WR he will surely violate the league's substance abuse policy. :sarcasm:

Do you know how stupid you sound making a statement like that?

Matt Jones was not a failure on the football field. He was a failure off the field.

The Jags may have been burned by the experience of drafting Matt Jones, but I doubt that would turn them off of trying to convert College QB's picked in the 1st Round into NFL WR's.

More than likely it resulted in them asking themselves if they had done enough due diligence in researching Matt Jones' personal life and for that matter in researching every player's background.

Now I don't know how Tebow will perform at the next level nor at what position he will play, but I would be really surpised if he got suspended for being involved with recreational drugs.

Yeah, because everyone knows that if you take a QB in the 1st Round and then switch him to WR he will surely violate the league's substance abuse policy. :sarcasm:

Do you know how stupid you sound making a statement like that?

Matt Jones was not a failure on the football field. He was a failure off the field.

The Jags may have been burned by the experience of drafting Matt Jones, but I doubt that would turn them off of trying to convert College QB's picked in the 1st Round into NFL WR's.

More than likely it resulted in them asking themselves if they had done enough due diligence in researching Matt Jones' personal life and for that matter in researching every player's background.

Now I don't know how Tebow will perform at the next level nor at what position he will play, but I would be really surpised if he got suspended for being involved with recreational drugs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8436

Wow you're right he certainly wasn't a failure on the field. He really lit the league on fire.

I didn't think I needed to but, I suppose I should've added the sarcasm smiley for the completely dense.

I didn't mean to insult the Matt Jones fans out there who are disappointed in him.

Last edited:
Back