Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
On the off chance Tomlin is let go, does he become the new target?
In a heartbeat, nobody through the years has made more chicken salad from chicken **** than Tomlin. Yeah the Steelers got knocked out and they haven't looked good these past few months but lot of that is Big Ben being on the decline. Tomlin is one of my three "Pipe dream" coaches along with John Harbaugh and Bill Belichick.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
In a heartbeat, nobody through the years has made more chicken salad from chicken **** than Tomlin. Yeah the Steelers got knocked out and they haven't looked good these past few months but lot of that is Big Ben being on the decline. Tomlin is one of my three "Pipe dream" coaches along with John Harbaugh and Bill Belichick.
Being able to deal with the craziness of Antonio Bryant and keep it under wraps is impressive to me.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If we hire Brady, we better keep Romeo around as an assistant HC or advisor. Because he is going to get in situations where a guy like Romeo can help him a lot. If we make him an advisor, his win/loss record isn't important. It's how you handle players and situations.
Clean house and bring in another veteran coach to assist Brady.

Wade comes to mind.

banned1976

sleeper mode
On Payne and Pendergast this morning, based on a radio interview with Vandermeer, they said Cal made comments that make it seem as if Cal already has a coach in mind. Specifically Cal described himself and Casserio as introverts and they the HC IS an extrovert. I thought it was an interesting take
I heard that too and Sean's spot-on comparison between Brother Love and Easterby. I couldn't help but share that in the Nick Caserio New GM thread.

Yeah, McNair said "he is different than Caserio", referring to the new HC that hasn't been named yet. A guy they are still looking for. But it sounds like they know who that person is already.

Hearing that and the report/rumor that Joe Brady wants to talk to Deshaun before continuing talks with the Texans...maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but it sounds like Brady is their guy. At least he's one of the finalists.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't believe him to be honest. We went after the same guy we hired last year. No chance Watson didn't know he was no question the main target. He can say all this about not being consulted, but it is bunk. He knew it was coming and he also probably has an idea what type HC Nick is looking for. That is likely why he is upset. Was he even on the GM committee? I know he was on the HC...not recalling anyone saying he was helping with the GM. He might have thought that he was and maybe he was afterall. But, he was not going to make the call. Cal and Easterby were and did.
Exactly

The last sentence is why he's upset.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I heard that too and Sean's spot-on comparison between Brother Love and Easterby. I couldn't help but share that in the Nick Caserio New GM thread.

Yeah, McNair said "he is different than Caserio", referring to the new HC that hasn't been named yet. A guy they are still looking for. But it sounds like they know who that person is already.

Hearing that and the report/rumor that Joe Brady wants to talk to Deshaun before continuing talks with the Texans...maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but it sounds like Brady is their guy. At least he's one of the finalists.
This was already known.

Aaron Wilson reported this when news came out that Brady killed his interview with the Texans.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Losing Bud Dupree/Bush killed that defense and they haven't been able to run the ball at all this yr. That had more to do with the Steelers decline than Ben did. Although you can tell Ben isn't what he used to be he did throw for 500 yds last night.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's your prerogative. Your evidence of dishonesty is non-existent.
If you say so, this is DW4's attempt to get out of Houston.

Coaching certainly made a difference for the Browns.
To think they were missing their HC/OL/asst Ol coaches. They had an intern running the OL and were missing a starter. Plus they had an OT and an OG go down during the game. Their OL still looked better than what Devlin put out there.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If Cal and Caserio lean towards Brady as the HC....I wouldn't mind seeing them go back into the Patriots staff and see if Cole Popovich would be interested in taking over as the OL Coach. Popovich has been serving as Co- OL Coach with Carmen Bricillo. What I do find appealing, he's only 35 years old (close to Brady's age) and has learned his craft under the tuteledge of retired Patriots OL Coach, Dante Scarnecchia who retired in 2019 and was considered one of the finest OL Coaches in the NFL. When Popovich was recommended to the Patriots 6 years ago.....it was based on the fact that he was considered a great teacher of OL fundamentals. You can see the importance the Patriots have placed on their OL based on how they've kept OL Coaches in the que.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
PFT was just reporting that ATL was trying to debunk the rumors about how Bienemy was still in the running for their HC position and they haven’t even hired their GM.

Now PFT reporting that a Brady and Fontenot reunion is “likely”

These dudes are just writing on any and every rumor they hear about....likely not even verifying anything.

Last edited:

wildroot

Rookie
It'd be a shame with so many dynamic young HC candidates out there that it's come to this. Nothing against Caldwell, but damn...
Watson needs to get his ass back here and sit down with Caserio so we can find out what's going on. In that case, just give Romeo the job.

When's he coming back from Cabo? Maybe Nick should grab his bathing suit and take a trip...

It'd be a shame with so many dynamic young HC candidates out there that it's come to this. Nothing against Caldwell, but damn...
Watson needs to get his ass back here and sit down with Caserio so we can find out what's going on. In that case, just give Romeo the job.

When's he coming back from Cabo? Maybe Nick should grab his bathing suit and take a trip...
if watson cared so much he wouldnt have went on vacation especially if he wants to be in the loop on the hires. now he's worrying about **** back home

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Wow, the Eagles just threw a bone to NFL teams searching for their next HC. Pederson should come with a ready to go staff since there would be no interim coach needed in Philly. Some of the coaches could interview for the HC'ing job if offered but other than that....his coaching staff would be complete. He runs an offense that should be very appealing to Watson. Not to mention Pederson's OL/Run Game Coordinator- Jeff Stoutland could be an excellent addition in getting this OL turned around. Pederson's DC, Jim Schwartz would usher in a 4-3 defense that many of us have desired to see and I do like JS as a DC which could be a big upgrade over RC.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Wow, the Eagles just threw a bone to NFL teams searching for their next HC. Pederson should come with a ready to go staff since there would be no interim coach needed in Philly. Some of the coaches could interview for the HC'ing job if offered but other than that....his coaching staff would be complete. He runs an offense that should be very appealing to Watson. Not to mention Pederson's OL/Run Game Coordinator- Jeff Stoutland could be an excellent addition in getting this OL turned around. Pederson's DC, Jim Schwartz would usher in a 4-3 defense that many of us have desired to see and I do like JS as a DC which could be a big upgrade over RC.
Schwartz took a leave of absence from football recently. It should also be noted that Pederson’s offense took a hit when Reich left and that coupled with Wentz’ regression is what got him booted out. I’m indifferent towards him as a HC candidate.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Not to mention Pederson's OL/Run Game Coordinator- Jeff Stoutland could be an excellent addition in getting this OL turned around. Pederson's DC, Jim Schwartz would usher in a 4-3 defense that many of us have desired to see and I do like JS as a DC which could be a big upgrade over RC.
I wouldn’t assume the staff will come intact.

First, there’s a reason he was fired by Philly. Maybe folks on his staff feel the same way & are looking for other opportunities. If Saleh or Eberflus get HC jobs, someone has to fill the void.

Same with Dabol, Wright, & Brady.