Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Head Coach Candidates

Earl34

Hall of Fame
If DW4 hadn't played 9 bad games in row BOB would still have a job. This isn't the last HC that will suffer the same fate.
If BOB wasn't a power mad, fake Belichick wannabe, he would still have a job. I'm going to quietly put this in the same file as some of your other nuggets:
  1. Ricky is a terrible GM because of his college degree. It took days to demonstrate GMs came from all backgrounds and degrees.
  2. Even though he didn't call plays until 2010 and was the OC in 2011, you gave BOB credit for the Patriots' 17-1 record in 2007. I guess he called plays via osmosis.
  3. Since leaving the Patriots, Cordarrelle Patterson has not had a season with more than 17 carries. He is averaging 3.3 YPC. You claim he has been productive since leaving the Pats.
My point? A broken clock is right twice a day. But what if the broken clock has no hands?

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If BOB wasn't a power mad, fake Belichick wannabe, he would still have a job. I'm going to quietly put this in the same file as some of your other nuggets:
  1. Ricky is a terrible GM because of his college degree. It took days to demonstrate GMs came from all backgrounds and degrees.
  2. Even though he didn't call plays until 2010 and was the OC in 2011, you gave BOB credit for the Patriots' 17-1 record in 2007. I guess he called plays via osmosis.
  3. Since leaving the Patriots, Cordarrelle Patterson has not had a season with more than 17 carries. He is averaging 3.3 YPC. You claim he has been productive since leaving the Pats.
My point? A broken clock is right twice a day. But what if the broken clock has no hands?
I will let Corrosion tell you about RS.

I already corrected myself it was the 13-3 yr.

I said at the time I posted, my Bears friends wanted Patterson back.

Keep on making excuses for your guy though, it keeps the MB more lively.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Keep on making excuses for your guy though, it keeps the MB more lively.
We've been reading your excuses for O'Brien for seven years. It's the McNairs. It's Ricky. It's Watson. If it was up to you, O'Brien would have gotten control of personnel before he won his first game. Who in their right mind thinks giving an inexperienced, first time HC coach control of personnel is a good idea?

Excuses might keep the MB lively, but posters constantly being wrong and talking out their azz without context or facts is simply amateurish trolling.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1 game, 1 victory post OB is way past time? You gave OB 6 years 4 games b/c of all his situations......yet 1 game is far too much time for the Watson/Kelly tandem is capable of without OB pulling the strings.
We've watched DW4 for almost 4 years. Once they start playing better teams again I expect DW4 to revert back to his mean. He hasn't improved at all during these 4 yrs. In fact he's regressed and although the Jags game was badly needed by DW4 not much has changed in my mine. 2 ints will get you beat if you're playing a top tier teams.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If DW4 hadn't played 9 bad games in row BOB would still have a job. This isn't the last HC that will suffer the same fate.
C'mon man.....are you serious with this thought process? OB killed his career with the Texans when he completely lost the team in the Steelers game. OB should've been gone after his first season. Like I stated before, OB can only thank his lucky stars that Watson was probably drafted against his wishes.....yet it was Watson who kept OB employed for far too long.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
We've watched DW4 for almost 4 years. Once they start playing better teams again I expect DW4 to revert back to his mean. He hasn't improved at all during these 4 yrs. In fact he's regressed and although the Jags game was badly needed by DW4 not much has changed in my mine. 2 ints will get you beat if you're playing a top tier teams.
You need to take a step back and have the same optimistic outlook you had for O'Brien.

Then there are others that want to see how things work out before passing judgement.
The difference is some on here are willing to see how things play out before passing judgement. While others are blinded by their hate of all things BOB. (This is kinda like another form of TDS)
So your mind is made up and you're not even willing to give this a chance.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We've been reading your excuses for O'Brien for seven years. It's the McNairs. It's Ricky. It's Watson. If it was up to you, O'Brien would have gotten control of personnel before he won his first game. Who in their right mind thinks giving an inexperienced, first time HC coach control of personnel is a good idea?

Excuses might keep the MB lively, but posters constantly being wrong and talking out their azz without context or facts is simply amateurish trolling.
I believe everyone has said it was time for BOB to go. You just like distorting facts.

I already said 13-3 and corrected myself but these things aren't good enough for you and the DW4's a top tier QB. Guy

Carry on but I'm going to start calling you out if you're going to be an azzz

Starting with letting you know DW4 is never going to win a damn thing and the excuses you make for him isn't going to change this.

Although I'm pretty sure guys like Corrosion/Me Tex showed you where DW4's failing and he will continue to fail for the next 4 yrs and . Atleast I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. You could learn plenty from me. But I'm sure nothing will ever change when it comes to you regardless of how DW4 fares.

Can you give me a bunch of useless numbers/graphs on DW4's play to show us how great he is. I get a good laugh when you do that. Looking forward to seeing more of your agenda based stats

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangler

Toro de España
Once they start playing better teams again I expect DW4 to revert back to his mean. He hasn't improved at all during these 4 yrs. In fact he's regressed and although the Jags game was badly needed by DW4 not much has changed in my mine.
What player has ever improved under such a pathetic coach like Chin Hole? What player has he ever developed? Watson is a proven winner at every stage up until the moment he landed with this joke of a coaching staff. O’Brien should be grateful that Watson bailed his sorry ass out on numerous occasions. Had Rick Smith not drafted him, Butt Chin would have probably been gone mid 2017. You know, the point in time when he actually thought Tom Savage was starter material? Lol

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Can you give me a bunch of useless numbers/graphs on DW4's play to show us how great he is. I get a good laugh when you do that. Looking forward to seeing more of your agenda based stats
I look forward to your useless, subjective opinions without any facts flooding the forum like a Russian bot. As usual, good talk. I look forward to your great takes like:

We Texans fans dont want to admit this, but Peterman has looked better than Watson this preseason.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What player has ever improved under such a pathetic coach like Chin Hole? What player has he ever developed? Watson is a proven winner at every stage up until the moment he landed with this joke of a coaching staff. O’Brien should be grateful that Watson bailed his sorry ass out on numerous occasions. Had Rick Smith not drafted him, Butt Chin would have probably been gone mid 2017. You know, the point in time when he actually thought Tom Savage was starter material? Lol
Oh, you mean college is just like the NFL.

BTW, DW4's spent more time not improving (A trend I expect to continue) down on Kirby than he did at Clemson.

If Call could only hire a guy to make DW4 great is what this debate has come too.

I agree with you on BOB not developing players. But WFV has developed well, along with Howard. Although Howard has much improving to do when he gets his ankle healthy.

You're just looking for a scapegoat to blame DW4's subpart play. That excuse is no longer on Kirby. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a new scapegoat when DW4 fails yet again.

Mangler

Toro de España
Oh, you mean college is just like the NFL.

BTW, DW4's spent more time not improving (A trend I expect to continue) down on Kirby than he did at Clemson.

If Call could only hire a guy to make DW4 great is what this debate has come too.

I agree with you on BOB not developing players. But WFV has developed well, along with Howard. Although Howard has much improving to do when he gets his ankle healthy.

You're just looking for a scapegoat to blame DW4's subpart play. That excuse is no longer on Kirby. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a new scapegoat when DW4 fails yet again.
Watson gets the criticism he deserves around these parts. I have not seen anyone post about him being perfect or flawless, ever. The only QB that is playing near flawlessly this season is Russell Wilson. Hell, even Mahomes deserves some criticism since he has thrown 3-4 throws per game that should have been intercepted. He sure has been lucky those corners and safeties couldnt keep the ball in their hands longer than a microsecond or his ratio would be a little more on the even side.
By the way, I do hope we get the right guys in here that can put Watson in an actual system that works, surrounding him with similar weapons the “elite” QBs have so he too can succeed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Watson gets the criticism he deserves around these parts. I have not seen anyone post about him being perfect or flawless, ever. The only QB that is playing near flawlessly this season is Russell Wilson. Hell, even Mahomes deserves some criticism since he has thrown 3-4 throws per game that should have been intercepted. He sure has been lucky those corners and safeties couldnt keep the ball in their hands longer than a microsecond or his ratio would be a little more on the even side.
By the way, I do hope we get the right guys in here that can put Watson in an actual system that works, surrounding him with similar weapons the “elite” QBs have so he too can succeed.
Reasoned and well thought out post.

What weapons on the current roster need to be replaced to make DW4 more successful IYO.

Both INTs were Tipped balls (one at the line).

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
Reasoned and well thought out post. Unlike the crap Earl puts out there.

What weapons on the current roster need to be replaced to make DW4 more successful IYO.
We need to upgrade the RB position, dramatically. We've got 4-5 smurfish WRs, I'd like to see a couple bigger, more physical players at the position. Maybe Coulter can step up and be one of those guys. The OL needs to play well consistently

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We need to upgrade the RB position, dramatically. We've got 4-5 smurfish WRs, I'd like to see a couple bigger, more physical players at the position. Maybe Coulter can step up and be one of those guys. The OL needs to play well consistently
Agreed about the RB position and Fulton needs to be replaced at RG or cut N.Martin and move Fulton to C.

I like the WR corps but they're going to have to find a WFV replacement next yr. What type of WR they replace him with is dependent on who the next HC is.

Agreed about the RB position and Fulton needs to be replaced at RG or cut N.Martin and move Fulton to C.

I like the WR corps but they're going to have to find a WFV replacement next yr. What type of WR they replace him with is dependent on who the next HC is.
We have speed in most of the WRs, but I would like to see 1 that has greater ability to win the 50/50 opportunities or one with more athletic ability.

banned1976

sleeper mode

I stopped long ago responding to people who do nothing but try to rankle other members of this board. They don't add anything of value here.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That’s funny but I’d take a chance on Romo in a heartbeat.
If former QBs are the flavor of the day, I would be more interested in seeing what it would take for Peyton Manning to take the GM spot and let him pick his head coach. IMO, Romo is more likely to be more of a Jason Garret than a Frank Reich.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
If former QBs are the flavor of the day, I would be more interested in seeing what it would take for Peyton Manning to take the GM spot and let him pick his head coach. IMO, Romo is more likely to be more of a Jason Garret than a Frank Reich.
We get to choose?

Definitely Peyton.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I would SMH too.

I like Peterman more than Kaaya. The things Peterman is weak at can be improved upon. Montana had some of the same things being said about him that is being said about Peterman. (Not saying that P eterman will become Montana)

Montana remained cool under pressure and lead historic comebacks against great teams. (Houston) Peterman's comeback win against Clemson was also epic.

The negatives for both Montana/Peterman were/are arm strength and a bit of inconsistency from game to game. Tell me Peterman has Montana's work ethic and I take him in Rd.1.

I'm not sure Kaaya will ever have the things that I mentioned about Montana/Peterman. I honestly see Kaaya as a Schaub type NFL QB. Good but probably not good enough to win a SB, so I would pass on Kaaya. Although Kaaya is a very safe 3rd rd pick, which is why I think Kaaya will be Ricky's pick. # Texans worthy

Texian

Hall of Fame
So let's say Peyton Manning (GM) or Kirby Smart (HC) agree to interview. They tell Cal that they would need full control including firing Easterby. In addition because the organization is so screwed up it will be year 3 before this team can be truly competitive so they will need a guaranteed 8 year contract, equivalent to highest paid contract in the league for their position. What does your boy Cal say?

mws

Rookie
It would be no surprise to me if the Texans were gun-shy of signing that long of a contract considering they are still paying Gaine & O'Brien through 2022. I don't know if Smith is still on the payroll or not.

They are spending a good chunk of change to get rid of people but at least it doesn't go against the cap.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So let's say Peyton Manning (GM) or Kirby Smart (HC) agree to interview. They tell Cal that they would need full control including firing Easterby. In addition because the organization is so screwed up it will be year 3 before this team can be truly competitive so they will need a guaranteed 8 year contract, equivalent to highest paid contract in the league for their position. What does your boy Cal say?
Cal would chuckle and say that's not how daddy taught me to do things.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Reading should be fundamental

I guess you were unable to read the part that said I'm not saying Peterman will become Montana. I also mentioned the difference in work ethic that's what made/makes Montana/Brady great. Very few have this kind of work ethic.
Reading is fundamental. NVM. I'm bored with this pointless back and forth. I'll let you get back to your hourly Watson bashing. Enjoy!

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Reading should be fundamental

I guess you were unable to read the part that said I'm not saying Peterman will become Montana. I also mentioned the difference in work ethic that's what made/makes Montana/Brady great. Very few have this kind of work ethic.
Then you need to reread some of your posts, steelb.
In one post, you rated Peterman as the no. 3 QB in that draft behind Mahomes and Trubisky, with potential to be the best one.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Then you need to reread some of your posts, steelb.
In one post, you rated Peterman as the no. 3 QB in that draft behind Mahomes and Trubisky, with potential to be the best one.
If Mahomes was gone and Ricky selected Peterman or Trubisky, after a year in BOB's game plan offense can you imagine the number of posts criticizing Ricky for passing on....Watson? The winning, Super Bowl QB detector seems to be based on hyperbole, hindsight and BS.