Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

hazing

F-minus67

Veteran
what does this team do to haze rookies, I live in CT so I miss most of the news like this. because some teams tape players to the goal posts and pour gatorade on them.

I don't think we condone much hazing around here. There are a few pranksters and McKinney seems to be the main one but I can't remember too much in the way of a ritual haze.

That would fit witht he mature attitude of the organization. I don't think Dallas and Parcells have the same attitude.

I think of that bizarre deal with Sean Taylor ..(who incidently got his contract taken care of today) ... the victim of a prank gone wrong at a spring minicamp ... his vision impaired by a pile of shaving gel squirted into his face by linebacker LaVar Arrington.... too weird.

I do remember that G.Walker, Sharper, and I think Foreman taped Charles Hill to a goal post, they had that on Fox during 2002 TC as well as D.Carr carrying McKinney's pads and helmet. It is just a part of the leauge. Acting like the Texans are too good to do what 31 other teams do is a little pretentious. McKinney used to stamp Peyton Manning while he was getting interviewed by local media members (for those of you who have never played, stamping is when you press your bare wet behind on someone's shirt, hence leaving an indelible print) this "we're too good to do stuff like that" attitude by most of you is down right funny. Do you really think that our room is that much different than most of the others in the leauge?(well other than the Jags because they are just plain stupid). It is a locker room not a board room.

I must agree with Eddie. In the end they are all football players, not golf players. They are no different than any other players. . . to a degree.

I suspect Eddidy is right, but I would bet it is like fraternities--the hazing varies greatly on the fraternity and I would bet the Texans are one of the tamer ones around.

I saw a piece last year that stated we really don't condone that type of atmosphere. I'm not saying the guys aren't lighthearted, just that there is not too much ritual hazing here.

Well, and by tame it may take such simple forms as Miller saying Joppru hasn't started a game yet and so he still has to carry my helmut and pads around practice (something from one of his interviews). It's around, it just doesn't arise to the stupidity of thinking shaving cream in someone's eyes is a good thing.

infantrycak said:
Well, and by tame it may take such simple forms as Miller saying Joppru hasn't started a game yet and so he still has to carry my helmut and pads around practice (something from one of his interviews). It's around, it just doesn't arise to the stupidity of thinking shaving cream in someone's eyes is a good thing.
I wouldn't call carrying pads hazing. I'd call the shaving cream situation more of a prank than a "haze" also. I'm thinking more along the lines of making all the rookies shave their heads or some of the foolishness that happened to Cam Cleeland a few years back where they had all the rookies run thru a gauntlet and get pounded. Those are more what I consider "hazing". That other stuff is what I would consider pranks or some good natured ribbing.

Well I can see that point, I just guess I was throwing in all the "let's give the rookies a hard time" stuff into the general category of hazing. I'll just go with pranks and ribbing are the Texans' form of hazing.

I just wanted to know if they did stuff like making them sing fight songs at dinner or sit in garbage cans full of ice and water, because some teams take it to far like what happens to cleeland when he wouldn't play for the team that drafted him.

Back