Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Haywood Jeffries

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Don't know how many of my fellow yellow lotters were hanging around after the game, but I hope you stayed long enough to catch up with Haywood Jeffries.

2317200850041913566S600x600Q85.jpg

Don't know how many of my fellow yellow lotters were hanging around after the game, but I hope you stayed long enough to catch up with Haywood Jeffries.

2317200850041913566S600x600Q85.jpg

Man, that's cool! We stayed until the golf cart cops asked us to vacate the premises, but did not get a chance to see HJ. He was always one of my favorite players form the r&s days. Glad he's being embraced by Houston Texans fans, too.

IMO, HJ gets dismissed from consideration as a good player because of the system that he played within. I hate that, because I firmly believe HJ would have been a successful receiver in any offense. He was one of the first of the big, fast, leaping WRs that became so popular throughout the '90s. In terms of talent and ability, I think he was every bit as good as Irvin and Cris Carter, but without the long-term stats.

CIMG3229.jpg
[/IMG]

HJ is great!! This was from last year but hung out with him for about 2 hours after the game and wouldn't mind doing it again!! He is great guy!!

That's amazing! I love seeing him hanging out with the fans. Haywood Jeffries was my favorite player on the Oilers at the time. I loved his sideline 'body out but two feet in' catches. I don't think anyone else did them better.

That's a great honor to meet Jeffries in a scenario like that. I've met my share of professional athletes parking their cars at clubs. Too many times, I've seen them do what Haywood appears to be doing in those two photos. They're people too. And people need people.

Great stuff!

The was a Green Bay Packer Super Bowl champion in the orange lot at the Cowboys game. I don't remember who he was (way to much to drink) but he was sporting the bling ring.

HJ can come over for a bud lite any time he wants.

Bob Sura was hanging with Texan Mojo... two seasons ago. Not sure where he's hanging now.

Celebs love the Yellow Lot.

bpe3

Preseason%202005%20-%20Texans%20vs%20Broncos%20039_jpg.jpg

Man, I wish the chronicle guys would do some kind of where are they now about the fab four... HJ, Drew Hill, Curtis Duncan, and Ernest Givins. I know a couple of them are coaching high school and/or semi-pro football now.

Anyway - interesting thing about Haywood is that his last name is actually spelled Jeffires, not Jeffries. It makes no sense phonetically, but it's true. Weird, huh?

I'd love to have a beer with him and talk about the good 'ol Oiler days. :(

Man, I wish the chronicle guys would do some kind of where are they now about the fab four... HJ, Drew Hill, Curtis Duncan, and Ernest Givins. I know a couple of them are coaching high school and/or semi-pro football now.

Anyway - interesting thing about Haywood is that his last name is actually spelled Jeffires, not Jeffries. It makes no sense phonetically, but it's true. Weird, huh?

I'd love to have a beer with him and talk about the good 'ol Oiler days. :(

You should drop a line to McClain about that. He loves to write about the Oiler days.

Back