Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Has Carr Ever Thrown Over The Middle???

I'm not sure where that plays into this....A WR getting seperation has nothing to do with a QB that isn't performing up to par...

:snobord:

The point is... You say that the QB's performance has a direct correalation to the receivers performance, and 279 is suggesting that the QB cant perform unless the receiver gets separation. Which comes first, the separation for a receiver to become a target, or should the QB be so pin-point accurate like a laser guided missile, that the reciever can make the catch in spite of the coverage?

In addition your logic would suggest; that Jabbar Gaffney should still be a Texan, Afterall it was the QB's mediocre play, and it nothing to do with the fact that Gaffney could not get any separation?

I keep reading how horrible Carr is but haven't really read why he is so bad...

I really can't make you believe that Carr is underacheiving if you don't already see it....

Yes the defense needs to tighten up, but Carr was put in a position to make a play and he threw the ball into the dirt...

I'd rather have a QB that doesn't have 22 completions in a row, but can make the plays when they matter most...That's what seperates mediocre/good/great QB's...

The point is... You say that the QB's performance has a direct correalation to the receivers performance, and 279 is suggesting that the QB cant perform unless the receiver gets separation. Which comes first, the separation for a receiver to become a target, or should the QB be so pin-point accurate like a laser guided missile, that the reciever can make the catch?

In addition your logic would suggest; that Jabbar Gaffney should still be a Texan, Afterall it was the QB's mediocre play, and it nothing to do with the fact that Gaffney could not get any separation?

Really all I am wanting to know is why Carr gets blamed for every loss yet when we win everyone but Carr gets credit. The one INT Carr threw against Buffalo maybe should not have been thrown, but AJ had that ball in his hands, if he is the elite WR some claim, he should have came away with that ball.

The point is... You say that the QB's performance has a direct correalation to the receivers performance, and 279 is suggesting that the QB cant perform unless the receiver gets separation. Which comes first, the separation for a receiver to become a target, or should the QB be so pin-point accurate like a laser guided missile, that the reciever can make the catch in spite of the coverage?

You can keep taking it to different extremes if you want...

But the fact still remains that A.J is a better reciever than Carr is a QB...

If the freaking combo isn't working who do you replace ?

If you think that Carr would be doing much better with better recievers I think you are mistaken...

But I do believe that A.J would be MUCH better with a better QB...period....

I really can't make you believe that Carr is underacheiving if you don't already see it....

Yes the defense needs to tighten up, but Carr was put in a position to make a play and he threw the ball into the dirt...

I'd rather have a QB that doesn't have 22 completions in a row, but can make the plays when they matter most...That's what seperates mediocre/good/great QB's...

OK, so it's Carr's fault for letting the Bills march 50+ yards in the last 1:30? IMO it was a stupid play call anyway, if we had just ran the ball the Bills would have been forced to use a timeout, we basically gave them a free timout with the incompletion.

Really all I am wanting to know is why Carr gets blamed for every loss yet when we win everyone but Carr gets credit. The one INT Carr threw against Buffalo maybe should not have been thrown, but AJ had that ball in his hands, if he is the elite WR some claim, he should have came away with that ball.

I haven't blamed anyone for a loss.......ever.....

The team is full of problems...

But we shouldn't have to go through the "why do we talk about Carr more than anyone else" argument....

:lightbulb:

If you think that Carr would be doing much better with better recievers I think you are mistaken...

Look at what Roy Williams has done with Jon Kitna throwing to him this season, or Evans with Losman, I could go on. And Carr is doing better this season with the addition of Moulds and Daniels, I don't see where he is playing badly or worse than the previous four seasons.

I haven't blamed anyone for a loss.......ever.....

The team is full of problems...

But we shouldn't have to go through the "why do we talk about Carr more than anyone else" argument....

:lightbulb:

I never called out anyone saying they have blamed Carr for a loss...

OK, so it's Carr's fault for letting the Bills march 50+ yards in the last 1:30? IMO it was a stupid play call anyway, if we had just ran the ball the Bills would have been forced to use a timeout, we basically gave them a free timout with the incompletion.

If you want to limit your opinions of Carr to this one game so be it...

I'm thinking in a broad sense...

That wasn't the first time Carr has failed to make a play...Carr has been inept since he's been here....

But I do realize he needs time...I'm not suggesting that Carr shouldn't start, and can't win games for us...

I'm merely pointing out that he hasn't done it, and has failed to show consistency throughout his tenure...He hasn't shown me anything to lead me to believe he will become great or even consistently o.k....Id actually take consistently o.k at this point....Carr is getting his chance and he's basically being viewed as a rookie...Good for him....now it's time show it...

in someone else's word. "What a strange, sad little man"..it's for you Uncle Rico

Wonger Need Food has officially been changed to Wonger Need Diaper Changed...

DUDE - that is your opinion... There is no mathematical formula or pixie dust to prove any of that... You could be right, you could be wrong. But no matter how many back-handed shots you take at the 'one' you dont like, to make the 'one' you do like, look better, there is NO way to prove it...

By the way, I have yet to state one way or the other about the receivers.

All I want, is to evaluate the QB position at the END of this season. Again to me, he is first year QB as far as I am concerned.

You are completely nuts if you think the record would have been dramatically different this season than what it is with anybody at QB other than.... well anyone.... Do you really, really think this team would be 7-3 or 8-2 with Tom Brady? C'mon, I thought you knew football... Brady might have gotten us 1 more win on his own. But even he would be the first to remind you that it is a TEAM sport.

All negativity aside, the TEAM has been improving, but ITS still bad... Take off the blinders man, and you will see plenty of blame to go around to everyone except the cheerleaders...

Do you really, really think this team would be 7-3 or 8-2 with Tom Brady?

You are nuts if you don't recognize that A.J is a better player than D.Carr....

And you are equally nuts if you don't think that a better QB wouldn't have equaled more wins...

but you're right....

It's just my opinion.....:joker:

You are nuts if you don't recognize that A.J is a better player than D.Carr....

And you are equally nuts if you don't think that a better QB would have equaled more wins...

but you're right....

It's just my opinion.....:joker:

READ.... I have not voiced an opinion about AJ versus Carr being a better football player. Art Monk was a better football player than Doug Williams, on the other hand, Tom Brady is a better football player than any of the receivers he's had... Both guys have one Super Bowls.. There's no point, nor argument to that discussion.

As far as another QB equalling more wins, neither one of us will know, because it can NEVER be proven... But given the performance of the entire TEAM, Offense, Defense, ST and rookie coaching mistakes, I like my chances.

You were probably one of those folks screaming to start Dave Ragone, so I see where you are coming from.

READ.... I have not voiced an opinion about AJ versus Carr being a better football player. Art Monk was a better football player than Doug Williams, on the other hand, Tom Brady is a better football player than any of the receivers he's had... Both guys have one Super Bowls.. There's no point, nor argument to that discussion.

We haven't had a winning season...So I don't see how you can make the comparison to two super bowl winning teams....There's no discussion because they win....Therefore there is no problem to discuss....They got it done...

We lose...We don't get it done....that means there IS a problem....And my point is that David is one of the weaker links...

Now you can blame it on o-line or the running game and overlook the fact that Carr has done things to hinder us from winning if you'd like...that's your choice...

I'll belive that Carr hasn't played up to the level that he should....

Again, please read..... The point has nothing really to do with Super Bowls, the point is it is useless to compare two different positions. I could give you other examples if you would like.... That way you can focus in on the point, and not get sidetracked in trying to figure out how you can spin it.

Whatever, I will just consider your frame of reference. That being the last 4 1/2 years and the fact that you were only 8 or 9 (maybe 10) the last time we had professional football here.

I agree...

I think that AJ is still growing developmentaly,we may yet see him get the seperation that we see with Steve Smith or Chad Johnson. For now however D's cover him so tight on the long routes that he is generally forced into the underneath routes. I have to agree that if he could get open over the middle that he could probably destroy in YAC, when he gets the ball on the outside he's either forced out of bounds or directly into two defenders. Give props where they are due however, if David Carr does not target him 35% of the time his stats go down,Owen Daniels,Eric Moulds etc... will increase.

No hoping is good...But You can hope forever..At some point you gotta produce...

Im pleased with some of the improvement that David and the rest of the team have made....

This is year one. And that's what doesn't get enough dialogue around here.

You're "pleased with the improvement," but you have dedicated hours of your time around here spewing the David sucks mantra?

I mean, don't tell me that you're NOT saying he sucks. Re-read your posts.

How can you be pleased with his improvement and then type what you're typing?

I don't think he's "at" where he needs to be "at," but I am dang sure more happy with his production this year than I had been with his production over the last four seasons COMBINED.

Why can't some of you guys be satisfied with that?

I'll tell you why: Because we don't have the wins you and I would both like to have. Winning makes everything look better, feel better.

I choose to trust, to hope. You say that at some point you have to produce: And yet you admit that he's making progress.

Isn't that "prooduction" that you speak of?

Or is "production" translated into "wins?"

I think that the wins only come when the whole team is focused and playing their top game. Obviously, IMO, we're still seeing the residual effects of the past four seasons.

Like a drug's side effects, it takes awhile to wear off.

I don't think he's "at" where he needs to be "at," but I am dang sure more happy with his production this year than I had been with his production over the last four seasons COMBINED.

Why can't some of you guys be satisfied with that?

David is not playing at a level which he should even with all the "outside" factors you named...New System, year one, drugs, yada...yada...yada....

He isn't playing at the level that I think he should be playing at...That's why I have taken my time to spew this "Carr sucks mantra"....

I never said that we couldn't win with Carr...I think we can if he just plays o.k on a consistent basis...but he hasn't shown that ability in 5 yrs....

It's one thing to be consistently mediocre....

You can't be mediocre AND make costly mistakes....

Has anyone looked back at the archives and dated the Carr's not all that threads .

I like Kubiak and his honesty about plays or players . On that note I also think that Kubiak likes a certain type of player and this offseason we'll see what he really thinks about this team and how he and Rick Smith define what a Texan player is .

Back