Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gruden resigning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
For those that aren't aware of what's going on with Gruden:

"The selective leaks of emails sent by Gruden to former Washington executive Bruce Allen has expanded to include emails leaked to the New York Times on Monday.

Per the report, Gruden in the emails called Commissioner Roger Goodell a “f—-t” and a “clueless antifootball *****.” Gruden also said that Goodell should not have pressured former Rams coach Jeff Fisher to draft “queers,” in reference to Michael Sam, a seventh-round pick of the team in 2014.

Meanwhile, an openly gay player, Carl Naffib, currently plays for Gruden.

Gruden also reportedly used “offensive language to describe some owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league.”

As explained in the article, “Allen and Gruden appeared to have few boundaries in expressing homophobic and transphobic language.” They mocked Buccaneers owner Bryan Glazer. They mocked Caitlyn Jenner. They criticized efforts to change the name of the Washington franchise. Gruden commented, “Nice job roger” in response to a sexist meme of a female referee.

As of last night, some in the league office believed Gruden would not be suspended for comments made at a time when he was not employed by any NFL team. It’s unclear whether those persons were aware of these additional emails. (I also have another theory on this, which I’ll explain in a later post.)

On Monday night, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the league sent more emails on Monday to the Raiders, and that the league is basically waiting for the Raiders to decide how to handle the situation. It ultimately could be that, while the league may not be able to suspend Gruden under the Personal Conduct Policy, the league will try to nudge the Raiders to fire him.

Gruden, who has repeatedly insisted that he has no racist bone, may now claim that he has no homophobic bone, no transphobic bone, and no sexist bone, either. At a certain point, the no-bone approach isn’t going to fly."

LINK

Gruden will be resigning soon.

Last edited:
NYTimes

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football,” the sports network’s weekly prime-time telecast of N.F.L. games. In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “******” and a “clueless anti football *****” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

Nothing, and I mean nothing is off limits these days. And the thing is there's this thing called the "statute of limitations" when it comes to the law, or atleast some laws but with social media no such thing is available as they can go after you to the beginning of time, that is practically speaking the beginning of your time on this planet.

Kind of like McNairs “inmates running the asylum” comment. Call me stereotypical but I can’t believe Jerruh hasn’t said something like that after several scotches. Or Kraft or any other billionaire owner. Thing is, Gruden put it on email.
I dunno but don't you kinda thing Jones is an untouchable ?
I've never understood the appeal of his team, but no question that Jones himself is a real powerhouse in the league.

I've never understood the appeal of his team, but no question that Jones himself is a real powerhouse in the league.
You’re probably right, but Goddell won’t touch the owners. I don’t remember but what did the ”league” do to Kraft when he was out getting his “handy”? Probably not in the same league as what Gruden said, but still a stain on the “shield”.

Most, if not all, of the owners are untouchable.

Which helps explain why just a small selection of the 650,000+ emails were released to incriminate Gruden. Release them all and there is a potential that owners start getting tried in the court of public opinion and the obviously fake facade the NFL markets comes crumbling down.

That said, I just want the Texans internal e-mails from 2015-2021. :heh:

Jerry Richardson was touchable from Wikipedia (lazy morning)

As Panthers majority owner, Richardson was said to be a "champion of diversity", with African-American Cam Newton as starting quarterback, Hispanic Ron Rivera as head coach, and former Carolina Topcats cheerleader Tina Becker as chief operating officer[attribution needed]. However, Richardson's tenure also had some controversy.[14] On December 17, 2017, Sports Illustrated reported, based on anonymous sources, that "at least four former Panthers employees have received ‘significant’ monetary settlements due to inappropriate workplace comments and conduct by owner Jerry Richardson, including sexually suggestive language and behavior, and on at least one occasion directing a racial slur at an African-American Panthers scout.[15]
On the same day, it was announced that Richardson intended to sell the Panthers franchise at the conclusion of the 2017 season. After great interest from the market, in May 2018 Richardson finalized a sale to billionaire and then Pittsburgh Steelers minority owner David Tepper for an NFL record sales price of $2.2 billion. The deal was approved by NFL owners on May 22, 2018. On June 28, 2018, Richardson was fined $2.75 million for the alleged workplace misconduct.[16]
A 13-foot statue of Richardson holding a football and flanked by two panthers was unveiled at Bank of America Stadium in 2016; it was a gift from the Panthers LLC minority partners to Richardson for his 80th birthday.[17][18] On June 10, 2020, the statue was removed due to concerns about potential violence.

Kind of like McNairs “inmates running the asylum” comment. Call me stereotypical but I can’t believe Jerruh hasn’t said something like that after several scotches. Or Kraft or any other billionaire owner. Thing is, Gruden put it on email.

For an owner to go down, it'll take a recording like the old Clippers owner.

The problem for Gruden was it was in email, and as recently as 2018!!! What kind of a dumbass do you have to be to think concussions are just reported by pu**ies in 2018!!!? And to use the language that he used? At the very least, he's very dumb.

Gruden could have gotten out in front of this from the beginning. Instead, he waited for the drip-drip-drop of emails.

I have zero sympathy. Congrats to Raider fans for the removal of a HC and organization that was going nowhere. Better days are surely ahead.

Did y’all hear what Keyshawn Johnson said about Gruden….
“He was a fraud, he was nothing more than a used car salesman.”
something real close to that

I love it. The last thing the NFL wants is for the public to know what their billionaires are really like behind closed doors.

View attachment 9177

At least we know what we got in our billionaire owner…

giphy.gif

Not an unexpected move............Former WFT emplyees have hired attorneys who are now calling for investigation findings to be released. Somebody hand me the popcorn!
What was the original investigation about & when did it start?

What was the original investigation about & when did it start?
The investigation initially arose after the Washington Post reported that 15 women who worked for the team had experienced sexual or verbal harassment.

How the NFL Learned Months Ago of the Offensive Emails that Cost Jon Gruden His Job
The emails surfaced near the end of an investigation into the Washington Football Team—launching a new probe that led to the Las Vegas Raiders’ coach’s resignation.
Jon Gruden, right, chats with then-Washington president Bruce Allen, left, before a game in 2017. AP

By
Andrew Beaton
Oct. 12, 2021 6:59 pm ET

When Jon Gruden used racist and antigay slurs in emails dating back a decade, the problem for Gruden wasn’t just the offensive language he used. It was where he sent the emails: to the work address of a former Washington Football Team executive, Bruce Allen.

A decade later, that became an issue that cost Gruden his job as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders, when an independent investigation into workplace misconduct at the Washington Football Team—a team Gruden has never worked for—was nearing its conclusion.

In June, at the end of the investigation by an attorney retained by the NFL, the league learned of a bombshell stash of emails from Allen’s inbox, according to people familiar with the matter. Shortly thereafter, the NFL received more than 650,000 of them. The offensive emails between Gruden and Allen—who previously worked together at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers—were part of the trove, these people said.

League officials found the emails troubling, but it was determined that they were outside the scope of the original probe of the Washington Football Team, which had been known as the Redskins until 2020 until that name was changed under pressure. So while the league wrapped up the Washington investigation—and fined the team a record $10 million—it launched a separate investigation of the emails.

Those plans were disrupted when The Wall Street Journal reported last Friday that Gruden had sent Allen an email in which he used a racial trope to mock NFL Players’ Association executive director DeMaurice Smith. “Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires,” Gruden wrote to Allen on July 21, 2011.

Gruden’ apologized but his problems worsened when the New York Times on Monday reported the existence of other emails in which the coach used antigay language, condemned the use of women referees in the NFL and used vulgar language in reference to Goodell. The Journal confirmed those emails’ contents.

Gruden resigned as the Raiders coach late Monday, apologizing and saying in a statement he did not want to be a distraction to the team.
Allen could not be reached for comment.

Based on the material the league has reviewed, people familiar with the matter said, no other current team or NFL employees are under investigation by the league.
The original investigation into the Washington Football Team concluded over the summer and painted a picture of a broken workplace. That investigation initially arose after the Washington Post reported that 15 women who worked for the team had experienced sexual or verbal harassment.

The team was fined a record $10 million for what Goodell concluded was a “highly unprofessional” environment, particularly for women. The NFL said that Washington owner Dan Snyder and senior management paid little or no attention to the problems inside the franchise while senior executives engaged in some of the inappropriate conduct, setting the tone for the broader workplace failings.

Attorney Beth Wilkinson, who led the investigation into the Washington Football Team, delivered oral reports to the league based on her findings, with the league’s findings unveiled on July 1. But the emails were not part of those reports because they were seen to be outside the probe’s purview, the people said. As a result, the NFL reviewed them on its own, instead.

Not every one of the 650,000-plus emails, sent to or from Allen’s email account, was read by the league officials tasked with the review. The investigation centered on targeted searches inside this enormous batch of documents, focusing on people who are current NFL or club employees. Gruden’s emails were flagged in the process.

The NFL said last Friday that the email about Smith, and others pertaining to Gruden, would be shared with the Raiders. Still, Gruden coached his team’s game two days after that first email’s revelation. The NFL hadn’t yet disciplined him. Neither had the team.

THE REST OF THE STORY

It's mind-boggling to me that anyone could work in an NFL locker-room for decades and harbor those kinds of thoughts about people. And then be stupid enough to put it in writing to another NFL executive.

Of course, I was mind-boggled to find out that a golden boy QB is an alleged sexual predator.

I need to get a prescription to help my mind get boggled less. Maybe I'm not as cynical about people in general as I thought. . . :thinking:

The NFL's newly adopted WOKE CANCEL culture has turned the NFL into the GESTAPO.

IMO I think Jason Whitlock addresses the Gruden resignation best, love his take on the crying Randy Moss, calls Goodell the worst Commissioner in the history of professional sports:

Last edited:
Lol, Jason Whitlock is the resident house negro of sports media. If you're using anything this dude is spewing as the crux of your argument, you already lost. Gruden is an idiot for putting that nonsense in cyber space....& not just 1 email...MULTIPLE EMAILS. He deserved to be fired for his stupidity alone. Cancel culture wouldn't even be a thing if folks learned to just shut their mouths. Yes you are entitled to freedom of speech..to say what you feel/think, but you and others can't cry foul when it costs you.

We will update the thread as needed with relevant news updates, but this is potential NSZ territory and offers nothing beneficial to the forum.

Reactions: JB
Jon Gruden to HBO: “The truth will come out”

We haven’t heard much from Jon Gruden since he abruptly resigned as Raiders head coach 10 days ago. HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel has heard a little more.
Andrea Kremer, who recently profiled Raiders owner Mark Davis for the show, explains on the latest episode of the Real Sports Podcast that a producer recently cold-called Gruden.

-----

In theory, the Raiders could join Gruden in that fight.

“Mark Davis has been severely impacted,” Kremer said. “And I’m not defending Mark Davis. I’m just pointing out a fact here. Dan Snyder continues on. The Washington Football Team continues on.”

Full story

I have also heard from a trusted source that Gruden will be suing the NFL over this matter, not the Raiders. In fact, it appears likely that the Raiders will enjoin a suit against the NFL over their damages and losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back