Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"gotta win this one" slow month poll

which one game do we HAVE to win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OzzO

.. and then?
If there was one game this regular season we just HAVE to win... (and you only get one selection) which one would it be?

edit... added the poll (some of ya are quick)

A4toZ said:
If there was one game this regular season we just HAVE to win... (and you only get one selection) which one would it be?

The one game a year I go to. I have managed to go to one game a year and have watched them lose each!

2002: FLaming Thumbtacks
2003:Indy
2004: browns
2005:Jags

I put Tennessee, but only IF Vince starts. Otherwise, it's the Cowboys with honorable mention to the Eagles game.

Double Barrel said:
Beat the Cowboys. If it is the only thing they do, beat the freakin' Cowboys!

Without a doubt, hands down, no brainer, insert other tired cliche here ______.

Dallas fans here in San Antonio acted like last years pre-season game was the freakin' Super Bowl. We only play these jokers when it counts once every four years. The World Cup, Oylmpics, Winter Olympics etc are all four year events. This carries more weight with me than all these other events combined. (but hey, I'm a Texan :logo: )

The sting of "19-10" has worn off a bit, its time to smack 'em again.

Señor Stan said:

Dallas fans here in San Antonio acted like last years pre-season game was the freakin' Super Bowl. We only play these jokers when it counts once every four years. The World Cup, Oylmpics, Winter Olympics etc are all four year events. This carries more weight with me than all these other events combined. (but hey, I'm a Texan :logo: )

Couldn't say it any better than that Stan.

There is no bigger game then an in state game. Its competition between siblings, you put everything into it.

Texan Asylum said:
Couldn't say it any better than that Stan.

Speaking of Cowboy fans…

My boss is a huge Cowboy fan, and has a ton of collectibles in his office. His prized possession is an unopened Pepsi bottle from the 70’s commemorating the Cowboys Super Bowl win against the Dolphins. I scouted Ebay for a while and found the exact bottle (empty of course) and I bought it. I had one of our workers call him out of his office to distract him and I hid his Pepsi bottle. I took the empty bottle, filled it with fresh Pespi. When he came back, the bottle was half empty, and I asked him “Dang, this Pepsi is FLAT! What is it, old or somthin’?

He panicked, looked at the spot where his bottle used to be and let out a forlorn “You DIDN’T!” Everyone that had gathered around was busting up laughing, and I gave him back his unopened bottle.

My review stunk that year, but it was worth it.

Gotta be the 'Boys game, because it's a battle for Texas. Texas pride and braggin' rights yo. Oh...and quick side note. Hopin' everyone is OK after that huge amount of rainfall and the more that is going to be there. Take care.

Señor Stan said:
Speaking of Cowboy fans…

My boss is a huge Cowboy fan, and has a ton of collectibles in his office. His prized possession is an unopened Pepsi bottle from the 70’s commemorating the Cowboys Super Bowl win against the Dolphins. I scouted Ebay for a while and found the exact bottle (empty of course) and I bought it. I had one of our workers call him out of his office to distract him and I hid his Pepsi bottle. I took the empty bottle, filled it with fresh Pespi. When he came back, the bottle was half empty, and I asked him “Dang, this Pepsi is FLAT! What is it, old or somthin’?

He panicked, looked at the spot where his bottle used to be and let out a forlorn “You DIDN’T!” Everyone that had gathered around was busting up laughing, and I gave him back his unopened bottle.

LMAO!! Good one! As a practical joker myelf, major kudos to you, man! :highfive:

For obvious reasons it has to be the Cowboys game, but I think it is pretty important to start out the season good with a win vs. Philly.

The Cowgirls game.

If we go 1-15, but beat the Cowboys, it would hurt less than last year's 2-14 effort...slightly...

I can't say that for any other game on the schedule.

I am with Señor Stan.

It's like the Olympics... you lose and you will never be as good as Capers was with a set of bad news Bulls. It would be like losing to the Japanese in Basketball.

Originally Posted by Señor Stan
Speaking of Cowboy fans…

Stan, that is some funny stuff. I never was clever enough to think of stuff like that. I'm usually the butt end of practical jokes like that. One time I had a Slingerland drum set that I had set up in the kitchen of a house, myself and 3 other buddy's shared. Den of iniquity for sure. Name of the street we lived on was High Street, which was appropriate enough. Our grass was always about waist deep, small animals and children were always getting lost in there. Jungle drum beats coming out of there at 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning. Rumor had it we were a bunch of "devil worshippers", which wasn't too far from the truth, the way we were back then. Anyways, these drums are taking up almost half of the kitchen. The very same set of drums that got us booted out of a previous house we rented, for playing them at 1:00 in the morning. So's we have this party and my buddys tear down my drums and move them on me while I'm passed out in my room. I got up and walked right through where they were, and stopped. I guess I hit the roof, cause they said I was pretty mad. Stuff like that always happens to me. :confused: Mr Gullible.

I said Eagles game. I want to beat Dallas, but the Philly game is the one that will set the tone for the entire season. We have so much hope and optimism going into this year that fans will expect to see results game 1. If we lose to Philly the pessimists will jump all over us again . . .

You left something out of the poll .... All of them .

"You Play To Win The Game !" Herm Edwards.

It may seem Un-realistic , But it should be every teams goal to finish the season 19-0.

:twocents:

LORK 88 said:
I said Eagles game. I want to beat Dallas, but the Philly game is the one that will set the tone for the entire season. We have so much hope and optimism going into this year that fans will expect to see results game 1. If we lose to Philly the pessimists will jump all over us again . . .

Agreed. We need the momentum so that we can have a win for all the games listed on that poll.

I went for the Giants game... what better way to get national attention than beating 1 of the "Noo Yawk" babies...

Its gotta be Dallas. I am going into enemy territory for that one. Long walk to the car if we lose.

Dallas. For sure.

Would love to moosh their face into it again. Even better with Parcells as their coach, plus T.O., I'm sure they are thinking that there is no way they are going to lose.

What will be even funnier is when they start spouting the old "Come talk to us when you win some Super Bowls" line.

Señor Stan said:

Yeah i live in Abilene and last season's preseason was like the super bowl to them. Too bad for them we only beat them when it counts.

Beat Dallas... I hate these guys. Man, if I had a choice of hating Dallas or income taxes... paying taxes would come in 2nd every other time.:cool:

(Did I mention I hate Jerry Jones too?)

corrosion said:
You left something out of the poll .... All of them ....

Well, yeah - that's a given. But if you had to pick one to DEFINTELY win, is the question.

Philly is a must win. Week 2 is at Indy and then Washington and Miami at home.

If they drop the opener, it is a very good possibility they start 1-3, basically splitting Washington and Miami. I seriously doubt they can beat Indy that early in the season due to how their season ended last year. None of those teams are going to be looking past the Texans.

The Texans have never had a winning streak of more than 2 games and they need to stay at .500 during the season for things to at least be interesting.

Actually, I could see them going 0-6, losing to Philly, Indy, Washington, Miami, Jacksonville, and Dallas. Those are all tough games and therefore need to start off strong and not get behind earlier.

Dallas, oh yea Dallas...not only am I going with my in-laws, who are cowgirl fans, but I really, really, really, want to rub everyone's face in at work who rags on my TEXANS!!!!!!!!

:whip: :texans: :texflag: :fans:

Has to be the Boy's game IMO. But I'm so pumped up about the Skins game.I will be glued to the set that afternoon. Need to shut up these skins fans about drafting Mario. And the 2-14 season. And them getting to the playoffs.Texan's Football I can't wait.

Interesting that over 50% said Dallas in the poll. :hmmm:

The coaches would probably say the first game, and the players probably would, too. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them say Indy, simply because of that 0-8 monkey the team has on it's back.

This is such a good poll I have to make a top 3.

1. Dallas just because they are our Texas rivals. And thats big...kinda like Texas.

2. Indy because we have never beaten them and they are our divisions leader.

3. Tennessee because one they will be playing Vince Young, a Houston native and competitor for our #1 draft choice. Also, because they are in our division and wins against teams in our division count two fold for our chances of going to the playoffs.

It's like potato chips, I can't just chose one.

I want the Texans to destroy everyone. Everyone in division and also Dallas. And then beat the livin tar out of everyone else. No mercy, ruin, wreck, overwhelm, lay waste, mass destroy, maim, humiliate, crush, kill, KILL, KIIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

So there ya go. :cool:

I could care less about the Crybabies, everyone knows that Dallas is choke city anyway so its almost a given they letdown once again against the Texans.

But with the Titans & Houston hometown hero Vince Young starting and beating the Texans w/David Carr I'd almost be ya some cold malted beverage that thousands of Houston area computers will fry or overload from the VY virus :rant: :rant: :rant: :ohsnap:

Texans_Chick said:
It's like potato chips, I can't just chose one.

I want the Texans to destroy everyone. Everyone in division and also Dallas. And then beat the livin tar out of everyone else. No mercy, ruin, wreck, overwhelm, lay waste, mass destroy, maim, humiliate, crush, kill, KILL, KIIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

:hides:

Back