Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Good news for Cortland innegan

Wolf

100% Texan
Finnegan said he's not sure why the Titans won't make him an offer. The Tennessean reported that Finnegan's agent, Terry Watson, is seeking a contract similar to the five-year, $48.5 million deal Johnathan Joseph signed with the Houston Texans last offseason
Wow I never thought of putting put innegan on the same level as J Jo

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Any team that pay s Finnegan like JoJo deserves whatever bad things happen to his franchise.

He wants what?!?!? HAWWWWHAWWWHAWWHAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

How about because even the low down, dirty, stinking, sister-****ing Titans are tired of your self-absorbed act on the field.

GP

Go Texans!
He looked pretty good against our 3rd stringers in the final Texans home game last year.

If I were him, I'd send that tape to teams he wants to try out for.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Innegan is obviously mistaking being an 'elite' number 2 CB (and I do believe he is elite in that role, name me a better #2/slot type in the league, the list will be short) for being an elite CB.

My worry is, with the new 90% rules AND the anticipated rising cap, guys like this are going to get paid what they want, and paying JJo those numbers is going to look like a bargain in 2 or 3 years, but the Texans just need to survive the next year or two with their squad intact and they'll be in a great position for years to come.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
My favorite part.....

I am grateful and humbled that the Titans took a chance on me and the way they matured me over the years.
I think AJ did more for his maturity in 15 seconds than the Titans did in years of trying. IMO he was never all that good a CB, but was still not the gnat that he was before the beating. :roast:

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
I hate the SoB, but Finnegan is a good footall player. Lots of heart and tenacity. Those of you who are saying he's a slot corner are smoking crack. There will be a market for him, a big one.

I think they should draft Gideon from Texas, I think both of them are good at two things, and those are talking trash and getting beat constantly.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I hate the SoB, but Finnegan is a good footall player. Lots of heart and tenacity. Those of you who are saying he's a slot corner are smoking crack. There will be a market for him, a big one.
Nobody is smoking crack. Nobody called him a "slot corner", they called him a #2/slot corner and that's exactly what he was last year... The Titans moved him inside on certain downs and against certain offensive formations. That's EXACTLY how they used him.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
If #Bucs land Finnegan & V-Jax, would give them top 2 players at 2 most loaded positions in FA. Domino effect: Brandon Carr to #Cowboys?

RT @JasonColeYahoo Cortland Finnegan has been texting VJax in hopes of recruiting him to CF's next team, which is looking like Tampa.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
If #Bucs land Finnegan & V-Jax, would give them top 2 players at 2 most loaded positions in FA. Domino effect: Brandon Carr to #Cowboys?

RT @JasonColeYahoo Cortland Finnegan has been texting VJax in hopes of recruiting him to CF's next team, which is looking like Tampa.
Signing both of them to big money would be a mistake on the Bucs part. They're both good players, but Jackson is overrated (IMO) and Finnegan is not a #1 CB.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Signing both of them to big money would be a mistake on the Bucs part. They're both good players, but Jackson is overrated (IMO) and Finnegan is not a #1 CB.
Its always a problem when you have guys performing number 2 duties to a really high level but not realising that they are limited to being great at that. Hence why a guy like Finnegan demands JoJo money and walks. Its crazy. Finnegan is really good at what he's been asked to do imo, if you leave his personality out of it, he is a really good guy against 2's and in the slot. One of the best.

On the flip side of that you've got teams like the Bucs who by rule have to spend up to the cap and need to lay down hard cash on someone, so Cortland will likely get his payday, so fair play to him. I think we're going to have a VERY interesting couple of years regarding FA, this year teams needing to reach the cap floor, then big rises year on year, we're going to see some big WTF? type deals being made.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Rams and free-agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan reached agreement on a five-year deal worth about $50 million.

marv800

Waterboy
That sucks. I'm really going to miss watching Andre torch that fool twice a season... But at least now I get to watch Megatron torch the punk once a year. Can you imagine the beat down megaton could deliver to finnegan? How awesome would it be if a WR that's bigger, stronger, faster, and younger than Dre decides to go MMA on the punk?

GP

Go Texans!
50 Illion Ollars for Innegan? Day-ummm!

Fisher is officially a lunatic. To pay THAT guy, at this stage of his career, THAT much money.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
That's alot of money!

I just KNEW he would end up with Fisher, and as others have stated, it says more about Fisher than it does about Innegan...

Rey

50 Illion Ollars for Innegan? Day-ummm!

Fisher is officially a lunatic. To pay THAT guy, at this stage of his career, THAT much money.
Rams are shaping up to be a pretty good team in the next few years...And in that division they could be kings...

GP

Go Texans!
The LAST thing Jeff Fisher needed to do is spend $50 million on Innegan.

That's not a smart way to start your tenure as HC of the Rams. I don't care if he knows the guy, big damn deal. It was a bad move. BAD.

Vincent Jackson just signed a $55 mill deal with the Bucs. Fisher just spent $5 mill less for Innegan. Think about that for a second...they could have had one of the most dynamic receivers in the NFL for Bradford to throw to. But they chose a declining CB who is really more of a nickel guy at this stage of his career. Horrible move.

Oh, and btw...the refs are watching his every move since the AJ fight. He's going to draw flags and he's going to hurt them more than he helps them. LOL. Fisher is a loon.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That sucks. I'm really going to miss watching Andre torch that fool twice a season... But at least now I get to watch Megatron torch the punk once a year. Can you imagine the beat down megaton could deliver to finnegan? How awesome would it be if a WR that's bigger, stronger, faster, and younger than Dre decides to go MMA on the punk?
He's in the same division as Larry Fitzgerald, so we get to watch Cortland get torched twice a year against the 49ers!

Stemp

Brew Master
Fischer knows what he was getting in Innigan, and I'm sure it helps to have a vet who knows Fischer's defense.

At least that POS is out of our division.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame

That's not a smart way to start your tenure as HC of the Rams. I don't care if he knows the guy, big damn deal. It was a bad move. BAD.

Vincent Jackson just signed a $55 mill deal with the Bucs. Fisher just spent $5 mill less for Innegan. Think about that for a second...they could have had one of the most dynamic receivers in the NFL for Bradford to throw to. But they chose a declining CB who is really more of a nickel guy at this stage of his career. Horrible move.

Oh, and btw...the refs are watching his every move since the AJ fight. He's going to draw flags and he's going to hurt them more than he helps them. LOL. Fisher is a loon.
They will likely draft Blackmon or Floyd at #6 and use that guy as their #1. For the money and value, Finnegan is a much better deal than VJax.

Vinny

shiny happy fan

Fisher has done this before and Fisher is a defensive coach. The time he went to the SB he had a dominant defense, Eddie George and a Franchise QB named Steve McNair...throwing to some numbnutz named Kevin Dyson. At the Rams it looks like he has his Franchise QB, his Eddie George type back in Steven Jackson and a crappy defense, all the while throwing to guys like Kevin Dyson. He has to upgrade his defense since he was handed a miserable, miserable secondary among other miserable defensive components.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Report: 'No way in hell' Rams keep Finnegan
Finnegan's play has fallen off a cliff, and he currently counts $10 million against the 2014 cap. The Rams can clear $9 million by designating Finnegan as a post-June 1 cut. Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson emerged as the Rams' top two outside corners last season, but neither made strides from their 2012 rookie seasons. St. Louis will likely target corner help this offseason. Feb 17 - 10:02 AM
Na na na na, na na na na; Hey hey, ....