Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Good game, but...

can you guys give the Lions some credit? Look, I would have come on here and admitted to the better team won if the Texans had won. But they didn't, and every thread is about how they should have but...(insert excuse here). Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week. Joey had a passer rating of 114+, please don't make excuses.

BTW- From now on I will be on here supporting the Texans (unless they play Detroit again).

HoustonLionsFan said:
can you guys give the Lions some credit? Look, I would have come on here and admitted to the better team won if the Texans had won. But they didn't, and every thread is about how they should have but...(insert excuse here). Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week. Joey had a passer rating of 114+, please don't make excuses.

BTW- From now on I will be on here supporting the Texans (unless they play Detroit again).

They don't play again for another 4 years, unless they meet in the superbowl. That would be great if that happened.

Good game guys. 16 teams will lose this weekend and you are not one of them. People are just upset because of expectations. I don't think that most of them are going out of their way to not give your team credit. It's just the usual after game venting for the most part.

I think the Texans have underrated their first two opponents. The lions really have a bend don't break turnover forcing D, and the Lions have serious weapons. It adds up to a loss, if you don't take care of the ball, and take the offense lightly just because KJ's a rookie and Charles Rogers went down.

And I think SD will do well this year. Anytime you've got a weapon like LT, they've got a chance.

That said, i have a feeling KC will be sucking big time this year. They're offense is two dimensional, and the defense sucks. O got worse with a worse oline. So I think the Texans should be able to get up for that game. Be close, and I'm still pondering my predictions, but that is more winnable than the first two games in my opinion.

Vinny said:
Good game guys. 16 teams will lose this weekend and you are not one of them. People are just upset because of expectations. I don't think that most of them are going out of their way to not give your team credit. It's just the usual after game venting for the most part.

I understand. I'm just used to Lions fans that are harder on them even after a win than some of the Texans fans are being on the Texans after a loss. All I will hear about all week is Joeys poor performance in the first half.

I Will Admit That The Better Team Won Today...Good Luck Throughout The Rest Of The Season...

The Lions were OK at home, but give this game to the Texans who - were it not for all the dumb mistakes and dumb playcalling - could have been 2-0 right now. I am happy for the Lions, don't get me wrong. But all in all, the Texans can, for the second week in a row, blame themselves. Bummer. :thumbdown

I have no problem giving you guys credit. We coughed the ball up and you made us pay big time, that's what good teams do. We took the ball away from you once and gave it right back, which is not what good teams do.

I have enjoyed you guys this past week, good luck the remaining 15 weeks. Props on your 2 - 0 start!

HoustonLionsFan said:
I understand. I'm just used to Lions fans that are harder on them even after a win than some of the Texans fans are being on the Texans after a loss. All I will hear about all week is Joeys poor performance in the first half.

His numbers weren't spectacular, but he stepped up when it mattered and all but put us totally out of it with that TD pass to Roy Williams. That is what good QB's do when they're not having the best day.

Props to the classy Texans fans. Hope you guys do well the rest of the season. Detroit and Houston will be the new Colts and Patriots in a few years. :thumbup

HoustonLionsFan said:
can you guys give the Lions some credit?...Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week...
Given the option, I'll go ahead and be a man. :)

The Lions are a better team than the Texans. They're 2-0 and good luck the rest of the way. But, don't get too cocky. The Texans made Drew Brees look like Joe Montana last week. Look at what the Jets are doing to Drew today. The reality is that your Lions just played a very bad defensive football team. It gets much tougher the rest of the way.

That was one hell of a 99 yard touchdown ya had there...

It was a good game, Lions did look good. Certainly did a good job recovering our turnovers! <insert painful laugh here>

Roy Williams will be serving you well I think...

And of course we're classy...we're Texans! ;)

The better team won today, congrats to the lions & their fans, its been long overdue, the suffering ends, yes their is light @ the end of the tunnel. Keep improving we will be watching :popcorn:

I really liked the way the Lions came out and got creative in the second half. Unlike the Texans, they tried to mix it up a little and hit some new targets. As soon as Williams got hot, the game was Detroit's to lose, and they didn't.

The first half of this game was VERY forgettable for both teams. But props to D-town for taking care of bidness with big Roy leading the way. Honestly, I still don't see much to like about Harrington over Carr, but if the running game continues to progress, it won't matter for Detroit. Even Ragone could QB that team to victory if he got all day to throw and had Roy on the other end of the pass!

Good luck to Detroit.

The better team won today because there are 31 teams in the league better than the Texans right now.

The thing that surprises me the most is the fact that the Texans were to be so much better but actually look worse than we have the past two years. Hopefully we can turn the ship around and start playing with some heart. I have seen few inspiring plays. Can anyone recall some? Who would be the MVP today? So many questions? Hopefully the team will provide some answers.

The Texans had more first downs 24-18
The Texans had more rushing yards 112-94
The Texans had more passing yards (net) 274-172
The Texans ran 71 plays to the opponent's 50
The Texans won time of possession 31:50 - 28:10
The Texans only punted twice

Tell me all that before the game and I tell you we win by 10.

Then there's the minor detail of -2 in turnovers, 9 penalties, 5 sacks, and the killer special teams lapse that resulted in a TD return.

aj, you forgot to mention the 3rd down conversion rate for the Lions 6-11.

The Texans however were 7-14.

what all that tells me is that detroit played better. 1 TO, better on special teams and a higher yards per play. Yards and # of plays don't mean much, especially when they are between the 20's.

Fiddy said:
Dont forget that Harrington threw and ugly pass to Wong that was called back because of a questionable roughing the passer call....

So?

On the real INT, Roy Williams said he was at fault for running the wrong route

:yap

OK texans fans i could also care less about stats and all that ****,,,but heres a stat for ya 0-2 WOW i think thats the most important ! Regardless of resason we lost the game simple as that all we can do is look ahead to next week where our chances are worse than they were the first 2 weeks !!! But the Texans do love an UP SET !!!

HoustonLionsFan said:
A questionable ruffing the passer call where the olineman pushed the Lion into Carr (2nd quarter?)

I think the one you're referring to is the blow to the head. Anytime a defensive players hands/feet/etc hit the QBs head the refs always call it. There were quite a few roughing the QB calls that hardly lived up to the 'roughing' it implies. Take a look at the Bucs/Seahawks game. There was another blow to the head call too, but I can't recall what game it was. I want to say the Jags/Broncos.

Honolulu_Blue said:
I think the Texans have underrated their first two opponents. The lions really have a bend don't break turnover forcing D, and the Lions have serious weapons. It adds up to a loss, if you don't take care of the ball, and take the offense lightly just because KJ's a rookie and Charles Rogers went down.

And I think SD will do well this year. Anytime you've got a weapon like LT, they've got a chance.

That said, i have a feeling KC will be sucking big time this year. They're offense is two dimensional, and the defense sucks. O got worse with a worse oline. So I think the Texans should be able to get up for that game. Be close, and I'm still pondering my predictions, but that is more winnable than the first two games in my opinion.

Congratulations on the win. I'm rooting for you guys throughout the rest of the season. :thumbup

Back