Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

GOAL LINE blitz

vtech9

All Pro
I got a wild hair about a month ago, and GLB popped into my head. At first I dismissed it, but curiosity got the better of me, and I logged in to check it out. It said I could create 3 free players, and after retiring all of my old dots, I had a **** ton of flex to use. It was perfect timing, because the playoffs were just wrapping up, and the next season was about to start. I said what the hell, and created my 3 players, and joined a team.

Shortly after the season started, and after watching several pre-season scrimmage games, curiosity got me again. I bought a Pee Wee CPU team to see if I would be any good at OC/DC anymore. I created a couple HB's to play with, but one of them got screwed up because I created it at rollover, so I made a 3rd HB. I made one elusive, one messed up power, and the 3rd was the Power HB built right. They are 2-3 days younger than the rest of the human players in the league, but I said what the hell.

After the first loss, I decided I needed some OLine, so I created a whole group of STOPs to play OLine. I won my next game so, I thought I was doing good. Then reality set in, and I lost the next 2 games. I played around with my AI's and won the next game (against a CPU team) by 1 point. Then lost the next one by 49. At that point, I was 2-4, so I completely revamped my OAI, and won the next game 66-60. Defense was next. After watching the replays, I started creating new defensive plays, and tweaking my old ones. I won the next 2 games.

At this point, I was 5-4, and my next game was against the number 1 team in the league. They were undefeated. Now, keep in mind, I have a completely CPU Defense with the exception of 1 DE, and one poorly built LB. My offense was my RB's and my STOPs, and the rest CPU, up until just before the 6th game. I was able to sign a Running QB, but he had to boost all 3 times just to catch up to the level of my HBs. By the 10th game, I was starting to get my AI's worked out, and playing the best team in the league was going to be the true test.

I lost....by one point 42-41. I have since won the next 4 games, and am 9-5 with two weeks left until the playoffs. I'm still giving up more points than I want to be, but with an all CPU defense, I guess it's not too bad. However, my next game is against the 2nd best team in the league. They beat my team in the first game 55-7, but that was before I bought the team. They have the number 1 offense in the league, so it's going to be hard to stop them. All I can really hope to do is outscore them.

It's been fun and challenging so far. GLB has lost a lot of players over the years, so there aren't near as many teams or leagues as there used to be. Many of the people that are still playing, are just playing on recycled flex points. Unless I got out of control, I could probably play for several years on my recycled flex.

If you're curious, come check me out. https://glb.warriorgeneral.com/game/team.pl?team_id=6932. Don't mess with me about the name. I didn't pick it...lol.

If anyone wants to try and play next season, let me know. I'll probably restart the team next season.

Back