Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Generators

YellowLove84

Practice Squad
What is a good generator that is small enough to carry around by one person but powers a 42" TV and a Margaritaville machine for about 3 hours?

? I'm trying for a mini Tailgate with about 4 friends. I'm a girl and some of those generators are too heavy for me to carry, so I wanted to know which ones are the cheapest and the lightest to haul around with a small car.

? I'm trying for a mini Tailgate with about 4 friends. I'm a girl and some of those generators are too heavy for me to carry, so I wanted to know which ones are the cheapest and the lightest to haul around with a small car.

The only thing that I can contribute is that the cheap generators are generally louder than others. You may want consideration of your tailgate neighbors to be a priority. Also, pick one up that's powered by Honda. It'll last forever. Honda is the king of small engines in a runaway contest.

Good luck and welcome!!

696471057911lg.jpg

We have this one and it worked fine all last season. Both ours and another person I know that have it, had to have the compressor worked on this fall.

It is quiet and does just fine.

Awesome. Thanks y'all and thank you especially to GlassHalfFull for the photo! I know about the loud generators and I totally agree with you that some of them are annoying.

First, you don't need a generator. Don't waste your money. Buy a deep cycle marine battery and an inverter. Plenty of juice to power a tailgate all day. Need more power? Buy another battery.

If you absolutely MUST buy a generator, which is silly since you don't really need one and it's a waste of money, PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD, buy a Yamaha or a Honda so you don't annoy the crap our of you fellow tailgaters.

bpe3

I've never heard of a deep cycle marine thing. What does it look like? Where would I get it.....in the boating section of a store?

I've never heard of a deep cycle marine thing. What does it look like? Where would I get it.....in the boating section of a store?

you need a generator. A deep cycle might power a energy efficient 42"tv for 3 hours (not a plasma) but not the combo.

a deep cycle battery weighs more than a small generator, has no handle, is full of ACID, and more importantly won't work.

check the watt requirements for your tv and blender. The generac they listed might be borderline for both, but I can't say for sure without more info.

Back