Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Texans at Colts 11-08

Kubiak letting the clock run out so the Colts could challenge cost us the game.

Nope. What cost us this game were the inordinate amount of penalties. We gave them over 100 yards in penalties. How many times did we give up a 3rd down penalty by doing something stupid like lining up offsides. To beat the playoff teams you cannot give the ball up or have a ton of penalties.

dude, i am so sorry.

i was rooting for you.

seeing the Texans lose actually sucked for me.

better luck next time, best of wishes, yada, yada...

:texflag:

Losing always sucks, but these down to the wire one's hurt the most. Arizona, Jacksonville, and now Indianapolis.

well we went into indy against an undefeated team and we took it to them and came up short... im sad but im not mad at any of our players... terrible refs but its okkk.. no on expected us to even be close... i told my friends last night that this game would be within 3 points and they all laughed at me saying the texans didnt have a chance... so no i get to laugh... and heres something that might make some of u happy... i live in winnipeg canada and they played the texans game instead of the pats game here on our local station... so that means we are getting there boys.. and now everyone here saw that the texans will not lay down and we will fight till the end no matter who we play and one day we will be the real deal... lol... rant over... i love my texans

Kubiak letting the clock run out so the Colts could challenge cost us the game.

One decision never costs you the game. For all we know the rushed play could have been a pick 6.

The 20 horrible calls by the refs.
The bad blocking by the line.
The picks by Schaub.
The linebackers getting eaten up by Clark.
The D-Line getting little pressure on Fetus face for the first half.
Missed tackles.
The first half funk on offense.

They all add up to the total sum of a loss.

Nope. What cost us this game were the inordinate amount of penalties. We gave them over 100 yards in penalties. How many times did we give up a 3rd down penalty by doing something stupid like lining up offsides. To beat the playoff teams you cannot give the ball up or have a ton of penalties.

Jup, penalties, penalties penalties... some more just than others.

Sad we lost but I'l really happy that we had them in the floor a couple of times in the 4th, that, in my book, is the true sign that we're going places.

wow, what a game, what a game! :)

k when moats fumbled the ball was that ball not suppose to be spotted on the 1 yard line cause thats were he ran out with it after the colts guy picked it up... or did the refs get that right?

Jup, penalties, penalties penalties... some more just than others.

Sad we lost but I'l really happy that we had them in the floor a couple of times in the 4th, that, in my book, is the true sign that we're going places.

wow, what a game, what a game! :)

Yup! Its a lot of fun to sit down and watch a game knowing your team has a chance to win in the last 2 minutes rather than knowing they will lose. Average> cellar dweller!

Sorry but I agree with Leahmic223. That had to be the worst coaching by any team this year when we let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning in the first half. Run a damn play so it can't be challenged. And don't forget that Kris Brown almost didn't get to even try a kick because of the boneheaded call of throwing to the middle of the field.

Schaub is on the hook with Kubiak for throwing stupid picks in crucial situations.

k when moats fumbled the ball was that ball not suppose to be spotted on the 1 yard line cause thats were he ran out with it after the colts guy picked it up... or did the refs get that right?

When the colts defender grabbed the ball, the ball was on the goal line. Hence the touchback.

Kinda expected this loss, so not too upset. Actually, I think we put on a pretty good show (all things considering) and we went the distance with the Colts and just came up wide left. If not for the bazillion penalties and spotting the colts 10 along with 4 turnovers... well.... woulda coulda shoulda.

.. and can Schaub perhaps take a millisecond on the timing routes and make a read that if there are multiple defenders in the area to perhaps go to another read?

What happened was Moats fumbled it and went out of bounds. The ball stayed in. The Colt D player stepped onto the field and took possession of the ball when it was in the endzone. While he was not down, the whistle was called. So, technically it would be a touch-back since the ball is in the endzone and the Colt player has possession.

As much as I would like to say its a bad call, the truth is that was the correct call by the refs.

THe COlts Ownz "our"...(The colts) divison

THis is the manning era we are just living in it ................:(

One decision never costs you the game. For all we know the rushed play could have been a pick 6.

The 20 horrible calls by the refs.
The bad blocking by the line.
The picks by Schaub.
The linebackers getting eaten up by Clark.
The D-Line getting little pressure on Fetus face for the first half.
Missed tackles.
The first half funk on offense.

They all add up to the total sum of a loss.

Spike the ball. It was complete stupidity to not run a play. It wouldn't have been rushed either. Schaub stood there and did nothing. I must of yelled run a play for at least 10 seconds. Idiotic.

To me it looked liked the ball touched the sideline before it touched the endzone, aka fumble out of bounds...

Sorry but I agree with Leahmic223. That had to be the worst coaching by any team this year when we let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning in the first half. Run a damn play so it can't be challenged. And don't forget that Kris Brown almost didn't get to even try a kick because of the boneheaded call of throwing to the middle of the field.

Schaub is on the hook with Kubiak for throwing stupid picks in crucial situations.

But you don't know what might have happened had that occurred. There might have been a fumble, an int, a pick 6, or whatever. For all you know Chris Brown comes in and gets stopped 4 times.

What we do know is that several Colt drives were extended by penalties such as late hits, holding, or lining up in the neutral zone. Thats a fact. Go back and count how many times that happened. I bet you will be surprised.

What happened was Moats fumbled it and went out of bounds. The ball stayed in. The Colt D player stepped onto the field and took possession of the ball when it was in the endzone. While he was not down, the whistle was called. So, technically it would be a touch-back since the ball is in the endzone and the Colt player has possession.

As much as I would like to say its a bad call, the truth is that was the correct call by the refs.

No, since the whistle was blown, the play should have stood as called on the field. BAD CALL.

but the fact the ball was on the goal line shouldnt matter cause the guy was in the field of play when he picked the ball up off the goal line and took it OB on the 1 yard line? or am i wrong here... cause thats how it should have been called i think

Spike the ball. It was complete stupidity to not run a play. It wouldn't have been rushed either. Schaub stood there and did nothing. I must of yelled run a play for at least 10 seconds. Idiotic.

Like I already said, you have no idea what happens if the ball is spiked. But we do know that the Texans D extended many Colt drives with penalties. Therefore THAT is the correct answer:)

Nah, it was in. I wouldn't think the player could come back in and get the ball though, but ah well.

And was it just me on did D-Rob do alot of flyin but no hittin? Seemed like he was one to whiff by tackles run into them on occasions but not wrap up?

The officials have a manate to keep the Colts undefeated. Call me homer, but it sure appears this way to me.

And I am also sick and tired of the wussification of the sport. The hit on Clark that was called unsportsmanlike was just a good hard hit.

Pansies.

Replay showed it didn't go out of bounds. I thought the same thing.

I'll go watch it again later, I'm pretty sure that if you see it from the non-sideline camera, it looks as if the ball is one the sideline then goes into the endzone.

That's what I believe I saw, but hey I might be wrong, not the first time that's happened :)

No, since the whistle was blown, the play should have stood as called on the field. BAD CALL.

True, but now that I am thinking I don't think the whistle was blown. The play on the field was no fumble, so they took the ball from the Colt player and the Texans lined up.

Its an inexact science.

The officials have a manate to keep the Colts undefeated. Call me homer, but it sure appears this way to me.

And I am also sick and tired of the wussification of the sport. The hit on Clark that was called unsportsmanlike was just a good hard hit.

Pansies.

According to the rules it is not. I agree that there is wussification in the sport, but the game must be called by the rules. Rules says THAT is a penalty so therefore its a penalty. Simple as that.

For those that have been hanging onto their avatar, signature, clothes of choice, non-washed underware, etc.

You may now switch. Winning streak karma has temporariily been relocated.

Penalties, fumbles, sacks, interceptions out the azz. We don't want to be a playoff team. For what? So we can go get owned and get bounced, for what? Just to say we made it to the playoffs. Please. This team can't handle the playoffs. Kris Brown let the colts off the hook. The biggest kick of his career and he blows it. Completely blows it. Wastes all the effort from everyone else that put the team in a position to go to OT.

This team pisses me off.

Like I already said, you have no idea what happens if the ball is spiked. But we do know that the Texans D extended many Colt drives with penalties. Therefore THAT is the correct answer:)

Whatever. Correct in your mind maybe. But your opinion is just that. Your opinion. I watched the game and yes the defense extended some drives for the Colts. But I will not pin this one on them. They played their a$$es off.

I understand that one play doesn't affect the entire game. We don't know what would have happened...

But we know one thing, that any savvy coach would have ran something to make sure that play wasn't challenged. Kubiak, i'm not saying he isn't a good coach...but sometimes he just has these lapses.

Maybe it wasn't him, maybe we don't have anyone telling him that the play had a good chance at being reversed. Maybe it was Matt who didn't know what was going on. But if we keep the ball there, there is a pretty good chance we come away with a score, any type of score.

It's little things like this add up and we lose games like this always.

To me this loss is bad, just as any loss. I don't feel happy we played the Colts close, we always do! Now we are floating around .500 just like we always are.

Whatever. Correct in your mind maybe. But your opinion is just that. Your opinion. I watched the game and yes the defense extended some drives for the Colts. But I will not pin this one on them. They played their a$$es off.

Dude, relax, calm down. Its just a game! I know you are frustrated, but cmon man!

And also, I think its very hard to point to one play that happened in the second quarter that lost the game. There were over 2 quarters of football left:)

And also, I think its very hard to point to one play that happened in the second quarter that lost the game. There were over 2 quarters of football left:)

We were on the goalline, and left with 0 points.

That always has a huge effect when you get turnovers in the RZ. The Turnover could have easily been prevented. That's all i'm saying.

We can say "Moats could have fumbled" or whatever...we can also say "Moats could have ran it up the middle for a TD."

It just could have been so easily prevented.

We were on the goalline, and left with 0 points.

That always has a huge effect when you get turnovers in the RZ. The Turnover could have easily been prevented. That's all i'm saying.

We can say "Moats could have fumbled" or whatever...we can also say "Moats could have ran it up the middle for a TD."

It just could have been so easily prevented.

I agree, it was important...but I disagree with the idea it was the reason we lost. We lost for many reasons, I would agree it was a factor in the loss, but not the main one. Deal?!:)

I agree, it was important...but I disagree with the idea it was the reason we lost. We lost for many reasons, I would agree it was a factor in the loss, but not the main one. Deal?!:)

Well penalties were the other reason and we were just up against it.

Also the 1st qtr we didn't run enough.

But that sticks out to me. Nothing we could do about some of the penalties we were getting. I loved how the ref was right there on our last play watching a Colts player wrestle to keep Jacoby Jones down (Ref even breaks it up!) and nothing is called???

I dont view this game as a moral victory, I view it as a victory WE SHOULD HAVE WON...

The game was within our hands, we came to THEIR city, and our team stepped up and straight played and showed we can hang with the Colts. We shot ourselves in the foot with about 159 penalties but I really want to put the blame on Kubiak. If Kubiak is going to send messages to guys like Slaton and Brown for making game costing plays through fumbles, he needs to hold himself accountable for making game costing decisions! An obvious fumble or not, it was questionable, and the fact that you let them sit there and think about it because you wanted to run 6 or 7 seconds off the clock to get to the two minute warning (which because of that warning game them about 4 minutes more worth of review time) is straight idiotic. RUN A PLAY, have Matt Turk in their as a wildcat QB spike the ball into the ground for all I care, JUST RUN A PLAY and take that challenge away you *****. We're on the one, give them the benefit they punch that in and we have 4 more points. We lost this game by three.....

I'm seriously hoping I wake up tomorrow and read this headline on ESPN.com , "Kubiak's inept Brain Shrinks from Quarter to Dime Size after Defensive Player's Fist to Face". I also hope they spend this bye week running "Challenge Worthy" Play Scenarios in practice, where they have game like situations and have Kubiak decide if he should challenge them or not. That or make him run through a couple of brain teasers or Soduko's

For those that have been hanging onto their avatar, signature, clothes of choice, non-washed underware, etc.

You may now switch. Winning streak karma has temporariily been relocated.

I told y'all Manning was evil.

The offense gave us the lead in the 4th qtr and the defense didn't hold it. Addai walked into the endzone pretty much standing up.

Bottom Line
This one is on the defense.

Back