Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread!!!! Cards vs. Texans - Preseason Game 1

There is no good reason they should not have attempted the field goal. That's the only battle of consequence on the team right now.

Don't know about you fella's, but IMO, Booty looked like an ass.

In a record 2 seconds

Its like playing last years madden, where it was at least once a quarter I got sacked on a handoff....

but really, the announcers seemed so shocked the cards went for 2 earlier cause it wouldn't help them win the game... its preseason, who cares who wins it, its a good game situation to try a play out. We were the real loser cause of Tate going down. Here is to hoping he is back soon

Probably gonna miss the rest of the preseason but should be healthy for the season opener.

It all depends on how severe. He needs his ankle to be pain free to run effectively. He might be a PUP candidate and then brought in after the bye week. That would give him 2 and a half months to heal.

Did anybody notice the blitz packages of Texans (1st Team defense) !! Looks pretty awesome. Wish they could do this to Manning and VY ..

.Keeping fingers crossed for Tate!! some relief because we have some depth a RBs,

most (if not all ) that played in the 4th... won't be on the team anyway

watching replay now..

HA! The dude calling the game for The AZ broadcast is Mike Goldberg of UFC. The one that says "and it's all over".

There is no good reason they should not have attempted the field goal. That's the only battle of consequence on the team right now.

Just finished watching game, didn't know the outcome, was screaming for Rackers to come in & attempt 51 yard field goal. they talk about creating game time situations to deceide which kicker to go with they just passed on a golden opportunity to see if Rackers could handle the pressure of hitting a game tieing fg with no time remaining. this could have had a major influence on their decision, makes no sense to me at all. none :foottap:

this could have had a major influence on their decision, makes no sense to me at all. none :foottap:

Unless the decision is already made. I'm sure many here have already made up their mind.

I made mine up last week, Someone said to the effect, to lose another game because Kris Brown missed another field goal just doesn't make any sense.

If there is a meaningful kick of any kind, and he misses... if the kick means play-offs or not, 1st week bye or not, AFC Champs or not, Super Bowl Champs or not. If he misses, we'll all be furious, "Should have been Rackers."

If it were Rackers, who is going to say, "Should have been Brown!!!"

Unless the decision is already made. I'm sure many here have already made up their mind.

I made mine up last week, Someone said to the effect, to lose another game because Kris Brown missed another field goal just doesn't make any sense.

If there is a meaningful kick of any kind, and he misses... if the kick means play-offs or not, 1st week bye or not, AFC Champs or not, Super Bowl Champs or not. If he misses, we'll all be furious, "Should have been Rackers."

Either one is capable of kicking us in or out of the playoffs.

Either one is capable of kicking us in or out of the playoffs.

Yep! And we will never know beforehand. Doesn't matter in the pre-season. Both are capable of making the big kick when it comes, and both are capable of missing it.

If we keep Brown, this board will explode the first time he misses in the regular season. If we keep Rackers, ditto.

Yep! And we will never know beforehand. Doesn't matter in the pre-season. Both are capable of making the big kick when it comes, and both are capable of missing it.

If we keep Brown, this board will explode the first time he misses in the regular season. If we keep Rackers, ditto.

Exactly.

nahh i will give rackers a pass if he does get the job and misses teh big kick

u see Brown missed

teh big kick in indy ok pass

Teh big kick on MNF .. TEH F

and also miss a extra point kick and another kick i think after that

nahh i will give rackers a pass if he does get the job and misses teh big kick

u see Brown missed

teh big kick in indy ok pass

Teh big kick on MNF .. TEH F

and also miss a extra point kick and another kick i think after that

wtf is teh?

regardless it's supposed to be a competition, we all complain they can't replicate game type pressure situations, what better time to see what Rackers could do against his old team to send the game (pre-season or not) into overtime? this is what pre-season is all about unless you consider losing top players to needless injurys or avoidence there of as what the hell why not just do without pre-season, I see no value in the thing at all.

plus it was the right coaching decision to make regardless of kicker (heck if your not going to use one, why even bother to pay millions to have one) Kubiak needs to learn from his miscues & poor game time decision playcalling, this was both regrettable & needless, what made matter worse I was watching with a long time Cowboy fan, didn't really support my case the Texans had turned the corner :pop:

Back