Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday: Texans @ Bills Week 4

Meanwhile, the Jets and its craptastic rookie QB are beating the Tacks 24-17
That’s why I was amused by posters boasting about Mills playing better than other rookie QBs or throwing around the dreaded ”franchise QB” tag or expectations.

Maybe this beat down will reset fans expectations. Franchise QBs are hard to find. Love or hate it. Watson was a franchise QB and as much as some would hate to admit, replacing him is not going to be easy. Regardless if it’s Mills or even Tyrod Taylor

That’s why I was amused by posters boasting about Mills playing better than other rookie QBs or throwing around the dreaded ”franchise QB” tag or expectations.

Maybe this beat down will reset fans expectations. Franchise QBs are hard to find. Love or hate it. Watson was a franchise QB and as much as some would hate to admit, replacing him is not going to be easy. Regardless if it’s Mills or even Tyrod Taylor
During that time I guess it seemed as if he was playing better. All smoke screens lol

Lol, you’d have been out on Trevor Lawrence after his 1st 2 starts with what you expect rookies qbs to do.

tell you what tho, why don’t you go pull the data of all these young kids playing against top 5 defenses or better in the NFL during their rookie years and come back and tell me what you see.

it’s not a matter of “being hung up” on him. It’s a matter of expecting this type of performance knowing what he was up against.
And because you will have some ridiculous argument against the Watson one,

Josh Allen played the Vikings (top 5 defense) as a rookie in his second game, they won 27-6, his stat line was 15/22 196 1 0

Again, not world-beaters, but not complete dog trash.

Mills may be the nicest kid ever but as an NFL QB he is is straight-up trash. I have been watching football longer then many of you have been alive.

I have seen some poor rookie play but this guy is just flat out horrible. There really isn’t a word in the English language that describes how bad he is. Horrendous, horrible, terrible, trash. None really describe his play. Anyone blaming this on rookie blues is absolutely clueless. Mills is going nowhere except a tailor to try on suits for his new insurance job. He doesn’t belong in an NFL stadium unless he buys a ticket.
Quit sticking up for the kid. He isn’t cut out to be an NFL QB. Period. End of story.

2017 NE had the 5th best defense, Watson's second full start. He lost 33-36 because the defense gave up a late TD and his stat line read 22/31 for 301 with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Mills in the same scenario is 9/18 for 60 0 and 3 INTs as I type this.

Yeah, dude sucks.

yeah you bring up 1 guy so that proves your case? Lol, What did DW4 looking like in that Cincy start the week prior tho? Mills actually looked better as a passer in his game against the Panthers. The data is out there, Get a clue buddy.

Mills is likely not the guy, but this game doesn’t tell anyone anything of note.

please stop. Tyrod would have given us a fighting chance to win or at least a competitive loss.

If that makes you feel better to think it, feel free.

But for those of us living in reality, it wouldn’t have mattered. I’ve seen Tyrod play top defenses. I watched him score 3 total points against a top Jags defense a few years ago and many games in between.

And because you will have some ridiculous argument against the Watson one,

Josh Allen played the Vikings (top 5 defense) as a rookie in his second game, they won 27-6, his stat line was 15/22 196 1 0

Again, not world-beaters, but not complete dog trash.

2 cherry picked examples, when on the whole the data says those guys typically don’t play well against top 5 defenses. No argument necessary playboy, you’re outta your depth. You

Rain, hard pass and behind him. But that was a bad….I’ve been calling for him to get more targets. But efforts like that I will have to start calling him Cleopatra

Cleo it is! Nice job.

yeah you bring up 1 guy so that proves your case? Lol, What did DW4 looking like in that Cincy start the week prior tho? Mills actually looked better as a passer in his game against the Panthers. The data is out there, Get a clue buddy.

Mills is likely not the guy, but this game doesn’t tell anyone anything of note.
You asked and I answered and yet you were not satisfied with the comparision. It's ok, I gave you another one.

This is Mills 13 game started since high school. IMO no one knows what Davis Mills will be. I think the Texans are going about developing him all wrong.

But... I was ready to admit I was wrong after the way he played last week.

I bet he looks better next week

Lol, you didn’t answer anything. You went and cherry picked 2 examples…
I gave you examples of legit franchise QB's who played top defenses in their 2nd full starts and you complained. That's exactly what you asked for.

Bro, franchise QBs find ways to be average even when playing top teams. Sure they lay eggs. But not like this. Stop defending Mills. You look foolish.

and you look foolish comparing guys picked top 10 to a 3rd round pick. So why don’t we agree to just drop it.

I gave you examples of legit franchise QB's who played top defenses in their 2nd full starts and you complained. That's exactly what you asked for.

no I said go find THE DATA…meaning the OVERALL data of how those guys typically perform.

No, until I hear you admit Mills is trash I am going to keep bugging you about it. He Is not the future. He is not good. He will not help us win. Say it.

tell you what, hold your breathe and wait, I promise I’ll “admit” it… :spit:

If that makes you feel better to think it, feel free.

But for those of us living in reality, it wouldn’t have mattered. I’ve seen Tyrod play top defenses. I watched him score 3 total points against a top Jags defense a few years ago and many games in between.
Agreed. The way the rest of the offense didn't show up, especially the OL. Tyrod wouldn't have made a difference

there was only 1 guy doing that…most the rest of us were arguing to put his ass back on the bench when TT returns because we knew he wasn’t ready. & of course that same guy that everyone knows was doing that is conspicuously absent from this thread.

This is Mills 13 game started since high school. IMO no one knows what Davis Mills will be. I think the Texans are going about developing him all wrong.

But... I was ready to admit I was wrong after the way he played last week.

I bet he looks better next week

So would Mortimer Snerd !

I don't care about every QB. I care about Franchise QB's in modern football. Guys who take forever to get it don't make it in today's NFL. Either you have it or you don't. Name one QB in the past 10 years who looked like Mills and turned around to be all pro or top 12 Qb's.

of course you don’t care about the data, b/c you know it doesn’t favor your narrative. No doubt in my mind Any rookie qb facing these same circumstances performs similarly…it’s just you who thinks that a few more yards in the passing column & perhaps a token TD in garbage time means something more than it really does. Bad performance is bad performance.

Earl Zach Wilson actually looked decent today.

lol I will take that bet. @thunderkyss lets do a donation bet. Lets come up with terms that Mills will not look better next week. Have to find a way to quantify it. We play NE and BB is nasty when it comes to rookie QB's. (although I know one rookie qb who ate his lunch, but we aren't allowed to talk about that around these parts)

How much you 2 wagering ?

I don't care about every QB. I care about Franchise QB's in modern football. Guys who take forever to get it don't make it in today's NFL. Either you have it or you don't. Name one QB in the past 10 years who looked like Mills and turned around to be all pro or top 12 Qb's.

too many to name.

lol I will take that bet. @thunderkyss lets do a donation bet. Lets come up with terms that Mills will not look better next week. Have to find a way to quantify it. We play NE and BB is nasty when it comes to rookie QB's. (although I know one rookie qb who ate his lunch, but we aren't allowed to talk about that around these parts)
He completed 0 TDs 4 INTs, 52% of his passes 4.1 ypa & a 23.4 passer rating. I bet $50 donation to TT he will better four of those stats next week.

Maybe so. But their ends were to fast for our tackles & they brought to many too often. Tyrod would have been playing hero ball on every snap & with the wet ball, it would have led to more turn overs.
Tyrod would’ve gotten the ball out quicker. The play book would’ve been opened all the way up. Tyrod has always been good with not turning the ball over. He played in adverse weather in Buffalo for a few years .

Maybe so. But their ends were to fast for our tackles & they brought to many too often. Tyrod would have been playing hero ball on every snap & with the wet ball, it would have led to more turn overs.
More turnovers than the 5 we actually gave up!?

I was kind of expecting the rookie to look awful today, and he certainly did, but I was really disappointed in this D, the missed tackles were abysmal.

We looked badly coached today, first time I’ve felt that with this coaching staff.

Back