Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day Tread - Texans vs. Jags - 12/6/09

and there goes the game, the season, and Kubes' job.

A loss here, and the playoffs season is effectively over for the Texans. That
cute play at the goal line by Chris Brown, the Grossman INT, the David Anderson
got-crushed pick, too many opportunities to name.

Well it's been obvious to me for the last few weeks. I said, and I'd point out the posting if I felt like searching for it, that the Titans game was either the beginning of success or we'd see a total collapse by this team. Seems it was option two :( Surely McNair will open his eyes, and pull the trigger on this regime. It's time to move on!

Well, after Schaub went down, me and my daughter went and made a gingerbread house in his honor.

Missed the rest of the game doing the gingerbread house and laundry.

Just turned it back on.

Looks like I didn't miss jack ****.

Later Kubes.

I think it's time for McNair to pull the trigger. I've been a Kubes supporter, but he just flat out isn't getting it done. 1-5 in your own division? Seems to me like you're predictable to your opponents.

I agree but i think this head coach is out of ideas and has gone as far as he can go, two 8-8 seasons and potentially this year we will be lucky to reach that.

In my book thats enough time, he has the players we all know that, he just cant find the right formula

Those arent my quotes. I have been on the fire Kubiak bandwagon for awhile now.

WOW, NFL Network just said "there has and will be" a change at the end of the year.

Needs to be done.

Cowher said he isn't talking to teams who currently has a coach...so lets fire him now. Get a jump on him and some others guys. I know it isn't Bob who usually fires guys mid-season but this can't be accepted.

I have been a Kubes supporter and think he is a great guy, but he does not seem to be able get them going well. 1-5 in the division will likely get him fired.

Did our defense give up at the end of the game? Maybe they didn't want to see our offense get the ball back and choke it off. For the love of God Mcnair, do the right thing and fire Kubiak this week. It needs to be done.

So do we tank now and finish 5-11 or do we actually try in our games and finish 6-10 or 7-9?

Personally I'd rather tank. I would much rather go into the game knowing we are going to lose instead of watching us play with the other team, get a lead, blow it, and lose on the final possession. I'm tired of that act. I've seen it too many times this year.

Did our defense give up at the end of the game? Maybe they didn't want to see our offense get the ball back and choke it off. For the love of God Mcnair, do the right thing and fire Kubiak this week. It needs to be done.

That will very likely NOT happen. After the season......... likely to happen.

Well, that game has to be the nail in the coffin of Gary Kubiak's tenure here in Houston. We were swept by the Colts and Jags and barely stole one from Tennessee. Inexcusable.

I didn't watch the game they had the Titans vs. Colts showing here at Fort Knox...so I take it we lost again huh?! It was either that game or the Lions vs. the Bengals...:bat:

You guys are rough.......

You don't care we were missing all or part of the game the STARTING QB, RB, TE, G, G, S, CB.....

Who is he supposed to be coaching up exactly?

You guys are rough.......

You don't care we were missing all or part of the game the STARTING QB, RB, TE, G, G, S, CB.....

Who is he supposed to be coaching up exactly?

It takes a village to lose a football game ....

Sorry not understanding this. Does this mean that NFL network is speculating or do they have inside information?

speculating...but all indications point to is that he has taking them as far as he can, and that this will be the job a lot HCs will be wanting...

speculating...but all indications point to is that he has taking them as far as he can, and that this will be the job a lot HCs will be wanting...

ah. Did they further speculate as to who might be interested/interesting to this team?

Damn, Zac Diles is crying right now on the SR610 post game show.

Did he say, "that's my coach, man"?

Well, Thorn - you tried. But when we have a play called for a running back that fumbles on a goal line to a certain opponent earlier in the season that you want him to now throw a TD pass against the same oppenent... after Schaub had a DEEP ball to AJ with a termendous catch - that momentum is seriously changing... you can feel it's gonna happen.... then.....

Really?

Back