Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans at Jaguars

RTP2110 said:
Wand has done a solid job today, most of the Jags pressure has been up the middle.

Yeah i see what yall mean about S. McKinney now, but you gotta take into consideration that they are going up against probably the best combination of 2 DT's in the game.

RTP2110 said:
Wand has done a solid job today, most of the Jags pressure has been up the middle.

wand's problem 2 weeks ago was Freeny that has been the only game he has been an embarrassment.

RTP2110 said:

I agree, and for evidence of that just notice DD's long run to the Jags 10. You'll see Wand running along side him blocking downfield. The good news and the bad news is that you have your LT running stride for stride with your starting RB.

This is the part of the game where your good teams put the game away. lets see what happens.

texasguy346 said:
I agree, and for evidence of that just notice DD's long run to the Jags 10. You'll see Wand running along side him blocking downfield. The good news and the bad news is that you have your LT running stride for stride with your starting RB.

That was Todd Wade not Wand

ArlingtonTexan said:
This is the part of the game where your good teams put the game away. lets see what happens.

Offense did not finish them..let's see if the defense continues to play its tail off.

I think DD needs one more long run to seal the Victory, but i would love for D-Rob to get #7. If Lefty would stop throwing the ball into the ground maybe he would get a chance ha? :hmmm:

Vinny said:
Big defense!! Jags are 1-9 on third down attempts.

Okay, 2 or 3 first downs and even a field wins this one.

On the defense easily the texans best defensive game in 3 years.

Running the ball in the 4th quarter when everybody in the nation knows you are going to run is the sign that you are good football team.

So can Milford Brown eliminate the need to draft a G early? Could he be Wiegert's replacement? Vinny you know the Oline much better than me, what are your thoughts?

He hasn't looked bad at all considering this is his first start since early 2003 I believe.

ledzeppelin269 said:
So can Milford Brown eliminate the need to draft a G early? Could he be Wiegert's replacement? Vinny you know the Oline much better than me, what are your thoughts?

He hasn't looked bad at all considering this is his first start since early 2003 I believe.
I really never felt we would take a Guard anyway. If we draft a lineman it's my thinking that it would be a Center or Tackle.

Blocked kick
:thud:

ArlingtonTexan said:
Okay, 2 or 3 first downs and even a field wins this one.

On the defense easily the texans best defensive game in 3 years.

there were 2 parts that equation get the field goal and make them have to score 3 times to even tie.

I'm going to eat some crow here today and say I see improvement finally. Back to back road wins is an improvement no matter who we play. I finally see some positive things to take into next year. Our play has improved the last quarter of the season. I was real worried with some games where we seemed to just give up. I think something or someone gave this team a wake up call. They are playing with purpose and heart. I hope we really build on our defense in the draft and free agency. A smothering defense is awesome to watch. Once again, I'll be a man and eat some crow today. I'm still not a fan of the coaching staff but if they get us to where we want to be then what the heck. I'll see what they do next year. That will be the year to make or break them but right now I see some definate progress. If we go 8-8 this year that would be a big step forward.

Another game management situation. 2 to go with less than 5 on the opponents 12 or so, why not go for it. Worse case senario is they start there. But they are deep. We had one of the worst possible things happen to us..............................

Ibar_Harry said:
Another game management situation. 2 to go with less than 5 on the opponents 12 or so, why not go for it. Worse case senario is they start there. But they are deep. We had one of the worst possible things happen to us..............................
Kicking the ball was a no-brainer. Go up by 3 scores. Any other call would have been really stupid.

Back