Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 9...London Town...Jacksonville Jaguars!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Summary? Did we look good? Same issues as usual and we just won cuz Jacksonville sucks? Actual progress and creativity?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Let's go boys!!! Need our offense to put up big points today. I am nervous to see our defense without Watt and a bad secondary.
Secondary was solid today. Pass rush too. I know they weren't getting home early, but it was a controlled pass rush. Squeezed the pocket had GMIII playing in a phone booth.

Really impressed with Omenehu. Martin getting some work too.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Reid got his 1st INT of the season and 4th of his career.
Did anyone notice the Jags ran the exact same play back to back? We picked it off both times, not because our defense was that good, because we weren't.

We were beat both times for big gains. But GMIII shat the bed both times & our safeties were alert & in position to take advantage.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
John McClain's Grade Card (Houston Chronicle)

Overall

In winning 26-3, it looked like the Texans were making their seventh trip to London, and the Jaguars were making their first. Grade: A-plus

Quarterbacks

Deshaun Watson was efficient, accurate and clutch in going 22-of-28 for 201 yards, two touchdowns and a 120.4 rating. Grade: A

Running backs

Carlos Hyde ran for 160 of the Texans’ 216 yards. Duke Johnson ran for a touchdown and averaged 13.6 yards on five receptions. Grade: A

Receivers/tight ends

DeAndre Hopkins had eight catches for 48 yards (6-yard average) and a touchdown. Darren Fells caught his sixth touchdown pass. Grade: B

Offensive line

Playing without Laremy Tunsil, the linemen helped the running game total 216 yards, including 6.4 a carry. They allowed one sack. Grade: A-plus

Defensive line

The linemen helped limit the Jaguars to 74 yards rushing, 40 by Leonard Fournette. Carlos Watkins came off the bench to record a sack. Grade: A-minus

Linebackers

They stuffed the run and pressured Gardner Minshew. Brennan Scarlett had two sacks. Zach Cunningham had seven solo tackles. Grade: A

Defensive backs

Gareon Conley had eight tackles and broke up two passes. Jahleel Addae and Justin Reid had interceptions. Johnathan Joseph had a clutch breakup. Grade: A

Special teams

Ka’imi Fairbairn kicked field goals of 52 and 42 yards. Bryan Anger punted six times for a 45.3 gross and a 42.7 net. Coverage was superb. Grade: B

Coaching

Bill O’Brien, his assistants and support staff did a great job of preparing the team and carrying out an excellent game plan. Grade: A-plus

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think this was the second best offensive game plan of the year. From the different formations on the opening drive to the tempo. Only the game plan against the Chargers was better.
I would say the K.C gameplan was the best offensive gameplan offensively. Offense/Defense overall this was the best by far. IMHO Especially if you take into account the injury situation.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That was a good game, and Watson is simply awesome. I haven’t heard from the fans I know that made the trip since a few minutes before kickoff, and I’m assuming they are in full celebration mode.

Last edited:

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I figured a more experienced Minshew would be as dangerous as a rabid rattlesnake. On the other hand, they don't have Ramsey any more. I couldn't get to the internet this week, or I'd have predicted a donnybrook with Jax coming out on top.

Texansballer74

The Marine
John McClain's Grade Card (Houston Chronicle)

Overall

In winning 26-3, it looked like the Texans were making their seventh trip to London, and the Jaguars were making their first. Grade: A-plus

Quarterbacks

Deshaun Watson was efficient, accurate and clutch in going 22-of-28 for 201 yards, two touchdowns and a 120.4 rating. Grade: A

Running backs

Carlos Hyde ran for 160 of the Texans’ 216 yards. Duke Johnson ran for a touchdown and averaged 13.6 yards on five receptions. Grade: A

Receivers/tight ends

DeAndre Hopkins had eight catches for 48 yards (6-yard average) and a touchdown. Darren Fells caught his sixth touchdown pass. Grade: B

Offensive line

Playing without Laremy Tunsil, the linemen helped the running game total 216 yards, including 6.4 a carry. They allowed one sack. Grade: A-plus

Defensive line

The linemen helped limit the Jaguars to 74 yards rushing, 40 by Leonard Fournette. Carlos Watkins came off the bench to record a sack. Grade: A-minus

Linebackers

They stuffed the run and pressured Gardner Minshew. Brennan Scarlett had two sacks. Zach Cunningham had seven solo tackles. Grade: A

Defensive backs

Gareon Conley had eight tackles and broke up two passes. Jahleel Addae and Justin Reid had interceptions. Johnathan Joseph had a clutch breakup. Grade: A

Special teams

Ka’imi Fairbairn kicked field goals of 52 and 42 yards. Bryan Anger punted six times for a 45.3 gross and a 42.7 net. Coverage was superb. Grade: B

Coaching

Bill O’Brien, his assistants and support staff did a great job of preparing the team and carrying out an excellent game plan. Grade: A-plus

And his prediction a big fat F.

Lol

badboy

Hall of Fame
I really like Duke Johnson. Hopefully he's our starter even if Miller comes back healthy next season, or trade Miller.
Lamar Miller is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season we can't trade him. I'm hoping we get a 7th round draft pick if he goes elsewhere but I would be surprised

badboy

Hall of Fame
We still need to upgrade RG this off-season. Fulton is the weak link
I still like Fulton at Center but 7 million is a lot for next season. Add to that Nick Martin's 8 million dollars not sure I see that. Maybe better to just cut Fulton and uses $7 m elsewhere. Would prefer to keep scharping at left guard and if R Johnson cannot start at Right Guard this season, we should address that in off season. This is why Pre- trade for Tunsil, I was hoping for a trade for Trent Williams and scherff.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
I'm going to my first Texans game EVER!! So stoked, been a fan since day one so I'd say it's about time.

Go Texans, I'll try not to make a scene ;)
Late feedback. HOLY COW, what a freaking show. Loved every minute of it, and the win was just sugar on the top.

Next (as in Next season) I would love to see if I could hit 2 homegames in a row in H-town. Now I've tried the stadium experience, next up home field :)

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/687112151140442112/RVP3B6l__bigger.png[/IMG][B]patrick[/B]‏Verified account @[B]PatDStat[/B]

Vs the Jaguars the #Texans opted to use Justin Reid as their nickel corner with Jahleel Addae and Mike Adams as the deep safeties. Interesting wrinkle but more likely due to the injuries at the CB postion. Gareon Conley and Johnathan Joseph were the primary corners.
6:59 AM - 7 Nov 2019
I’ve seen a great clip of Justin Reid firing up the D pre-game on Sunday.
Seems the young man is a leader of men already.