Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7...Saddle Up Them Ponies...Indianapolis Colts!

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I wonder if we can trade our remaining draft picks for Tomlin. Make it happen Cal.

Reactions: ROO

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Based on my opinion, they are a solid team, but are a borderline playoff team. Talent wise, they are not at the level of the Texans, but we did a good job of making them look better than they actually are.
Texans have a much better QB and more flashy play makers on offense but Colts are a much more rounded team. They have no real weaknesses they just don't have any major strengths either. Frankly BoB also got out coached but I'm not sure he could have prevented that. The first drive by the colts was pure genius. They knew our defense was the weaker side of the ball so they gassed them on the opening drive and then they were a step behind the rest of the game. Move over to the offense side and they also knew Watson was just starting to trust his line when Howard went down and not only was it a backup but it was a backup to the backup at RT.

Not saying BoB couldn't and shouldn't have been able to overcome that but Reich forced the Texans to play the game his way and to try and beat the Colts at their own game. They MIGHT have done it to but the refs were also playing their own game and I think that demoralized the team as well. When you have an incredible touchdown like that just taken away because a ref "was concerned for your safety" and you took a hit anyway, makes it hard to rally back.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Texans have a much better QB and more flashy play makers on offense but Colts are a much more rounded team. They have no real weaknesses they just don't have any major strengths either. Frankly BoB also got out coached but I'm not sure he could have prevented that. The first drive by the colts was pure genius. They knew our defense was the weaker side of the ball so they gassed them on the opening drive and then they were a step behind the rest of the game. Move over to the offense side and they also knew Watson was just starting to trust his line when Howard went down and not only was it a backup but it was a backup to the backup at RT.

Not saying BoB couldn't and shouldn't have been able to overcome that but Reich forced the Texans to play the game his way and to try and beat the Colts at their own game. They MIGHT have done it to but the refs were also playing their own game and I think that demoralized the team as well. When you have an incredible touchdown like that just taken away because a ref "was concerned for your safety" and you took a hit anyway, makes it hard to rally back.
Going on 6 years and this is still an issue, especially with teams that are better coached, which usually have a better record. The more things change on Kirby the more they remain the same.

KarlK

Waterboy

Thank you. Very reasonable response.

Texans May be more talented 1-5, but the Colts are much deeper and overall are more talented.

Texas Jake

Rookie

And despite all that, they were in position to win the game in the fourth quarter, but were foiled by two interceptions. The first the result of an extremely ill advised throw and the second due to bad luck. The coaching staff and defense could have done better, but they did not lose this one. This one is on Watson. He played a fairly good game, but wasn't able to get it done at the end when it counted. And I have said it before, you have to give the Colts credit for playing a very good football game - they have a very good team.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Why on earth would you think the Texans are more talented than the Colts?
Because I do? There's probably only two position groups of the Colts I'd take over the Texans. That's OL and Secondary. RB, WR, DL, LBs I'd prefer Texans. And of course, at the most important position, at QB.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Yet without 3 defensive starters, their #2 WR and with their backup QB.....they easily handled the Texans from beginning to end. So what does that make the Texans?
The Texans are mediocre at best. I've been clear about that

dream_team

Hall of Fame

I agree 100%. What I call a "solid team", you use the term "more rounded". Colts came into the game with the better game plan and didn't do anything stupid. They simply executed well. What I saw on Sunday was the more talented team lost because they played more stupid (not to mention ref factor as well).

KarlK

Waterboy
I agree 100%. What I call a "solid team", you use the term "more rounded". Colts came into the game with the better game plan and didn't do anything stupid. They simply executed well. What I saw on Sunday was the more talented team lost because they played more stupid (not to mention ref factor as well).
Except they aren’t more talented. The Colts are.

Aaron Pitman

Practice Squad
Because I do? There's probably only two position groups of the Colts I'd take over the Texans. That's OL and Secondary. RB, WR, DL, LBs I'd prefer Texans. And of course, at the most important position, at QB.
Think what you want but since week 8 last year the Colts are better and the gap is widening.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Texans have a much better QB and more flashy play makers on offense but Colts are a much more rounded team. They have no real weaknesses they just don't have any major strengths either.
Just like us, just like Kansas City... as long as they're healthy they can win a lot of games. They might not beat the Pat's or Baltimore, but...

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Just like us, just like Kansas City... as long as they're healthy they can win a lot of games. They might not beat the Pat's or Baltimore, but...
Disagree that they are like us or KC. Right now for both us and KC we live and die by our offense, if Watson or Mahomes is down for to long that's it we're done and so is KC. Colts aren't really living and dying by either, they don't really have that one player that is keeping the team in contention. I'm not saying they are a better team than us or KC but they are less affected by key player injuries. Trouble with being a jack of all trades though is if a master of one side can make you play their game then they will beat you. Where BoB got out coached is he let Reich make him play the Colts game just like the week before BoB made Reid play his game.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Disagree that they are like us or KC. Right now for both us and KC we live and die by our offense, if Watson or Mahomes is down for to long that's it we're done and so is KC. Colts aren't really living and dying by either, they don't really have that one player that is keeping the team in contention.
Agree to disagree. I'll be interested how calm & cool Brissett will look when he loses his LT & has to run for his life & make split second decisions & accurate catchable balls.

Or if they lose their starting corners & can't cover, fall behind by three scores & have to catch up.

Last edited:

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Agree to disagree. I'll be interested how calm & cool Brissett will look when he loses his LT & has to run for his life & make split second decisions & accurate catchable balls.

Or if the loser their starting corners & can't cover, fall behind by three scores & have to catch up.
Frank Reich will show Brissett how he did it against the Oilers.
:kitten: