Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 6...Is It Possible...Kansas City Chiefs!

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
What a great win. I called it and of course the negative nancies came out of the wood works basically telling me I was crazy, but I was right.
After a great game that the Texans could have won by even more points very easily, more negative nancies show up to complain.
Nothing is ever going to satisfy some of you no matter how well the Texans may do, so I'm just going to ignore the negative noise and enjoy what we all witnessed the last 2 weeks. Hopefully, the Texans can keep up this incredible play well into this season, and hopefully, deep into the play offs. Congratulations on a great win against a great team that is very well coached in a very tough place to play.
Go Texans!
Even I was surprised how negative everything got after being two scores down.

Gotta believe sometimes.

Especially with Watson.

People scared to go out on a limb.

Revrat

Waterboy
Nice win. It was frustrating to see the team down 10 before they really had a chance to play, but unlike in the past, they stood up and overcame. Not all that long ago, that would have crushed this team. I'm glad to have caught the Chiefs at a tough time for them, and will take a win in that stadium however it comes. I loved the commitment to the ground game, and the short passing game. Secondary needs to tighten up. I know they're beat up, but it's an area for improvement. I was kind of surprised at how little they played man after seeing Indy smother them doing so, but it worked out in the end. Great win to grow from.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Nice win. It was frustrating to see the team down 10 before they really had a chance to play, but unlike in the past, they stood up and overcame. Not all that long ago, that would have crushed this team. I'm glad to have caught the Chiefs at a tough time for them, and will take a win in that stadium however it comes. I loved the commitment to the ground game, and the short passing game. Secondary needs to tighten up. I know they're beat up, but it's an area for improvement. I was kind of surprised at how little they played man after seeing Indy smother them doing so, but it worked out in the end. Great win to grow from.
I would have hoped for the same. But looking at it realistically, whether for physical attributes or experience, we don't have the personnel to do so. I would have also at least hoped that the CBs could have cut their buffer to 5 yds instead of 10............but my guess is that during practices, the coaching staff deduced that our CBs couldn't stay up with our own receivers............and the safeties would be on an island covering 90% of the field without backup.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I am sure this is one of those times you are happy to be wrong and have an “I told you so” moment.
I figured someone would drag this back out. Lol!

You know they made a ton of mistakes throughout that entire game that could have cost them, but they found a way to win this time. I say this time meaning it being against a top tier team in their house in a game they aren't favored to win. They did this time. That's a good accomplishment to move forward with and to evolve with on your shoulder. Lets see if they can continue to. This was the time last year where their winning streak started. Maybe they're onto another one.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I would have hoped for the same. But looking at it realistically, whether for physical attributes or experience, we don't have the personnel to do so. I would have also at least hoped that the CBs could have cut their buffer to 5 yds instead of 10............but my guess is that during practices, the coaching staff deduced that our CBs couldn't stay up with our own receivers............and the safeties would be on an island covering 90% of the field without backup.
Agreed. It's not easy to simply say, "we should play more man". You need to have the right personnel for that.

Another thing to consider is the Colts didn't have to worry about Tyreek Hill. He can easily beat man coverage.

Also, if the Colts beat them by playing a lot of man, the Chiefs are going to have an answer for that the very next weekend. Coaches don't think, "Damn, they figured us out. We can't beat man coverage, hopefully the other teams we play don't know about this." They're going to have a game plan specifically to beat man coverage. I think that's why we saw some successful screens by the Chiefs early in the game. Once we switched back to zone, the screen game sorta went away.

I think the defense did as good as they can do against one of the most powerful offenses in the league. Whatever coverage they played, it was the right one.

frethack

Rookie
I figured someone would drag this back out. Lol!

You know they made a ton of mistakes throughout that entire game that could have cost them, but they found a way to win this time. I say this time meaning it being against a top tier team in their house in a game they aren't favored to win. They did this time. That's a good accomplishment to move forward with and to evolve with on your shoulder. Lets see if they can continue to. This was the time last year where their winning streak started. Maybe they're onto another one.
Very much hope so, like everyone here. Im looking for a 13 game win streak, to be exact. (14 if somehow 14-2 doesnt get a bye)

Before this week, I felt that we were quite a ways from being a contender. After this week, I feel we arent quite contenders yet, but we are MUCH closer than I thought with improved oline play.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Very much hope so, like everyone here. Im looking for a 13 game win streak, to be exact. (14 if somehow 14-2 doesnt get a bye)

Before this week, I felt that we were quite a ways from being a contender. After this week, I feel we arent quite contenders yet, but we are MUCH closer than I thought with improved oline play.

And currently when you look around the rest of the AFC isn't nearly as scary as it felt like it would be before the season. The Chiefs offense has cooled off a lot. Their defense is still crap. The Chargers are nothing special this year like I felt like they would be. Luck retired. Its really just the Patriots and the Chiefs and like I said the Chiefs have cooled off a lot.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
They're hurt. I'm curious to see how they come back.

If it were me I'd seriously consider sitting Mahomes for two or three weeks before his ankle gets worse.
They almost can't afford to, there is actually a real chance they lose to Denver. Not only are they playing in Denver, which is always hard, but Denver actually has a run game and stopping the run seems to be impossible for the Chiefs. Not only that but Denver still has Von Miller and that other guy, to lazy to look it up, and the backup for the Chiefs is such a non-factor even their fans don't know who it is. True story on that last part it was talked about in their thread on sitting Mahomes. So this is almost must win for them because after that they have GB and Vikings.

Meanwhile every game Watson goes without a sack or at least not many then not only is he not getting hurt but its giving lingering injuries time to heal up more.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Who's their backup?
To me it doesn't matter. Mahomes is already hurt & they're down two OL. It's play the backup so you can get him back this season, or play the backup later because you lost him for the season.

I saw this & just wanted to post it. Tyreek has some ups.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They almost can't afford to, there is actually a real chance they lose to Denver.
There is a very real chance they will lose the game & Mahomes for the season if Mahomes plays. Then their season is over.

Look, I don't know if three weeks would help him anyway, so it's probably a moot point. But they're not winning now, not with the state the OL is in & Mahomes being hurt.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
There is a very real chance they will lose the game & Mahomes for the season if Mahomes plays. Then their season is over.

Look, I don't know if three weeks would help him anyway, so it's probably a moot point. But they're not winning now, not with the state the OL is in & Mahomes being hurt.
Agreed, its a very much damned if you do and damned if you don't.

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
Rematch!

Yep, the Texans have a rematch with the Chiefs in Kansas City this evening, only this time it is for the right to host the AFC Championship! What an unexpected turn of events. Would be fantastic if the Texans win tomorrow, and they certainly have a chance no doubt. Yep, this is more than just a game 6.

Of course, if the Texans lose, the fact that the Titans won will make the loss even that much more heartbreaking. Come on Texans, win this thing!

Can DW4 light it up? Will Fuller be effective? Can Mahomes and Kelce be stopped? Will Andy Reid outcoach our beloved Bill O'Brien? Will Hyde be run up the middle 26 times for 1 yard gains? Can the Texans defense withstand the Chiefs potent offense? Should this thread be merged with the other one?

All questions that will be answered soon...