Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 5...Get On Track...Atlanta Falcons!

spek

Hopeless Wanderer
Last time check the score it was Atlanta 17-16. Just saw the final score Houston 53-32! I didn't get to watch the whole game what the heck happened!!

whodknee

Working Class Hero
Last time check the score it was Atlanta 17-16. Just saw the final score Houston 53-32! I didn't get to watch the whole game what the heck happened!!
Yeah...Second half they kicked A$$..It's time to watch the Girls "go down" ..no... really

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Not sure if it still is, but used to be either delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalty if you throw a challenge flag on auto reviewed play.
If that's true, then yes, BOB is an idiot when it comes to challenges.

I don't think this is true, though. I think there's only a penalty when you throw the flag but have no challenges.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame

I don't think this is true, though. I think there's only a penalty when you throw the flag but have no challenges.
Yeah, don’t know if that’s still the case, but I remember the Texans benefiting from this rule one year they played the Lions on Thanksgiving. Might have been the game when Schaub got kicked in the nuts.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Good game against a below average team. Now beat the chiefs or this is just more the same stuck in neutral crap.
Yeah ask the cowboys last two weeks. Never saw NO beating them and GB is in control

They average 31 pts a game first 3 weeks

10 pts? V NO

Just got 3 down 21

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Understood. What does it hurt just throwing the flag?

Who cares though. Texans won!
Not sure if it still is, but used to be either delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalty if you throw a challenge flag on auto reviewed play.

Yeah, don’t know if that’s still the case, but I remember the Texans benefiting from this rule one year they played the Lions on Thanksgiving. Might have been the game when Schaub got kicked in the nuts.
In 2011, instant replay rules were changed to have the replay official initiate a review of all scoring plays. The rule stated that a team is prevented from challenging a play if that team commits a foul that prevents the next snap, or if a challenge flag is thrown when an automatic review would take place. A 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is assessed as well as the elimination of the replay review for the play.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Good game against a below average team. Now beat the chiefs or this is just more the same stuck in neutral crap.
The better team won today.

If the Chiefs win next week I'm K.C. the better team will have won. However I'm sure there will be a large amount of posters that will disagree with me.

#itsall BOB'sfault

amazing80

Hall of Fame

If the Chiefs win next week I'm K.C. the better team will have won. However I'm sure there will be a large amount of posters that will disagree with me.

#itsall BOB'sfault
It depends how they lose. Do they get smoked? Do they keep it close but lose because of mismanagement of time? Do they go ahead and give up a last second td or fg to lose?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

#itsall BOB'sfault
If kc is much better then the plan of going all in this year is a fail. There isn't a path to get better lacking picks and having so many free agents to sign

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If kc is much better then the plan of going all in this year is a fail. There isn't a path to get better lacking picks and having so many free agents to sign
They didn't go all in, which has been proven many times. They did choose to protect Watson though.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
With Indy's banged up secondary, I figured this to be a blow-out. Not sure what is going on. Is Indy better than we think?

On the other hand, I enjoy seeing Kelce sulking after things don't go his way.
K.C. is missing LT Fisher and Mahomes is taking a last yr Watson style beating.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Watson is the first QB ever with at least 400 yards, 5 TD, with 5 or less incomplete passes. *unconfirmed source

Zero sacks for the 1st time in 14 games, only 2nd time in Watson’s career.

Fuller had 14 catches, 183 yards, 0 TD in weeks 1-4.
Fuller had 14 catches, 217 yards, 3 TD Sunday.

Texans scored 50 points in their last 3 games combined.

53 points, 2nd most in Texans history.
592 total yards, 2nd most in team history.

Tashaun Gipson is the 1st DB with a pick this season.

DJ Reader already has a career high in sacks.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Makes me wonder if the Sophomore drop off is hitting Mahomes. He's still good but defenses have a whole season of tape now to plan for him and he's had a whole season of getting banged up as well.
I feel like he's a guy who can't go off schedule like Watson can, but we'll see.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I feel like he's a guy who can't go off schedule like Watson can, but we'll see.
Bully Mahomes and you can beat him. Let him chill in the pocket and throw no look passes and have him whistling through the wheatfields and you will get toasted. Teams who beat KC with Mahomes have thugged it up and we should hope that our D can do the same. Watson has shown to be able to take huge hits and keep going. Mahomes gets beat up a little and he starts limping around looking for sympathy.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Bully Mahomes and you can beat him. Let him chill in the pocket and throw no look passes and have him whistling through the wheatfields and you will get toasted. Teams who beat KC with Mahomes have thugged it up and we should hope that our D can do the same. Watson has shown to be able to take huge hits and keep going. Mahomes gets beat up a little and he starts limping around looking for sympathy.
Yep I think so. Every QB plays worse under pressure but I from like Watson handles it as good as anyone. Like Rodgers sometimes he's even better on the run

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Running on the Falcons will probably be made one step more difficult with their recent trade for safety Johnathan Cyprien if he used mostly in the box..........if he's used in coverage, he may be our 12th man.
Well, there was at least one explanation for the Texans run success up the middle............Cyprien, who was to be the new strong box run stopper was injured early in the game. He tried to play through it.............it only got worse........at first they only identified it as an "undisclosed" injury........today they identified it as a "foot" injury and have placed him on IR........in fact, I have found out that it is a severe turf toe. Tough luck for the man who missed all of the 2018 season with an ACL rupture.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm hoping fear of getting beat deep opens up the run game.
We need to get better at 2nd level & downfield blocking.

The OL needs more time together. I can see them getting better. The TEs don't seem to understand the concept. Gillaspia (sp) looks like he can be a beast if given the opportunity.

Will Fuller, small as he is appears to be our only WR who can & will block downfield. Hopkins tries, but doesn't appear to understand the art.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We need to get better at 2nd level & downfield blocking.

The OL needs more time together. I can see them getting better. The TEs don't seem to understand the concept. Gillaspia (sp) looks like he can be a beast if given the opportunity.

Will Fuller, small as he is appears to be our only WR who can & will block downfield. Hopkins tries, but doesn't appear to understand the art.
don't they have a coach on staff that is experienced in handling DBs?
...what was his name...?? :thinking:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Chiefs secondary is going to be stronger this week than last. Their CB CLaiborne returned last week from a 4 week suspension and was rusty. Reid put him on a very limited 24 pitch count.......this week the rust for the most part should be gone and we will be getting a healthy dose of him. Before that, he had not played in a football game since the preseason when he first joined the Chiefs. Spagnuolo basically has suggested we will see a rotation at CB between Bashaud Breeland, Charvarius Ward and Claiborne.

On the bright side of Claiborne's return.......... even though he recorded a career-high 11 pass breakups in 2018, he’s been a corner who is going to give up 55-60 percent completions into his coverage while also being one of the most penalized in the game. He has been penalized 9 times each of the past 2 seasons, good for the 12th-most in 2018 and 7th-most in 2017.