Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 5...Get On Track...Atlanta Falcons!

Im feeling wierd about this game. Atlanta boasts a top 15 overall defense and the 7th best pass defense thus far. Houston pass offense is ranked 27th!!!!!!

ATL lost to the Titans at home, and have already lost to INDY. I'd love to think we can keep the streak going, but its those obscure tendencies that seem to get in the way of what you feel SHOULD happen. I'd like to think we come out like a new team and reassert ourselves, but I cant say I have alot of confidence, especially when the 'feeling' among the HOU fans/commentators is that this team should handle ATL at home. Epitome of a trap game.

Those guys are going to be amped up to play our defense and I expect a high scoring affair. If OBrien has the offense clicking early and scoring points easily without any gimmicks and BS then I think we win by 3-6 points, but if this team comes out flat, and the offense is still struggling, ATL will be out of reach by halftime.

Best case? HOU 33 ATL 27
Worst case? HOU 17 ATL 34
Im busting out the Raspberry STicky Ribs for the game Sunday. Last year I was 8-2 when I made that pre game meal. DOING MY PART!!

Don't count on it
Cal probably waits until the bye week.
The article in the Chronicle along those lines about a week ago was very interesting.
The bye week bit is my prediction if the underachieving continues.

The article in the Chronicle along those lines about a week ago was very interesting.

Season's end at best unless they are 2-8 at the bye week

No matter how bad BoB is, real or imagined, from a pure business standpoint it would be stupid to fire him at this point. If you fire him then you have fired your HC, OC and GM all in one move and what are you left with? An OC that is a kid and has never worked the offensive side of the ball much less called anything before this year, a bunch of bean counters at GM and a DC that has been HC twice and bad both times. That's not even mentioning the chaos it would cause in the locker room and increasing the chance of guys getting hurt because there is to much crap going on around them. The Texans wounds are self inflected but they aren't going to heal by all of a sudden pouring salt into them.

Best hope is that either BoB becomes the HC that, most of us, hopes he could be or is fired as soon as the off season begins and Cal has been looking for replacements all through the season.

Sad but true. O'Brien has gotten himself job security by taking over all these jobs and hiring people like the chaplain.

I'm gonna start drinking at 8AM, while the chicken is on the smoker. Normally don't start the drinking til 10/10:30, but something has to change! Doing my part!

Im trying to take part in "Sober October" but another game like last week and this will be me:

tenor.gif

Anybody remember the last time these two teams met in regular season. Atlanta 48 Houston 21.
The game wasn't even THAT close. It was 42-0 going into the 4th. It's a sign of BOB's tenure that to me, the blowout losses stick out, and only a few of the wins out of his multiple winning seasons are memorable to me. I remember the 6 TD game for Fitzpatrick, and a bunch of the almost wins. This year's chargers game might end up being one of his key career wins.

Got a link ?

I don't often read that rag ….

Im trying to take part in "Sober October" but another game like last week and this will be me:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I was going to post that this is a pivotable week for the Texans. A must win. A turning point. But the more I thought about it, the less I believed it. This is just another game in a seesaw season that will end in 8-8 or 9-7, with the Texans missing the playoffs on the 127th tiebreak (most wasted timeouts, if I'm not mistaken).

Hey, I will watch the game. I will cheer. I will boo. I will laugh and cry (on the inside). But I will not delude myself into believing this is a "big game".

Unless I get some killer airplane glue.

Watson is terrible in his last 3 home games, and we know BOB is going to screw up time management at some point. I think Falcons will put it together this week.

Would we be the first team with no GM and coach mid season! That would be cool or really hot, like a dumpster fire. It gets harder to fire BOB mid season due to the GM situation. Do you ask old man RAC to do everything?? Hell, he might walk. Probably needs to be really bad or decision is made in the off season

L. Johnson/Gipson being hurt going against Julio/Ridley/Hooper and crew puts the Texans in a big hole.

Including the Super Bowl, the Falcons haven't won a game in Houston, TX since Steve Bartkowski led them to victory in 1981, their only win ever here.
And OB doesn’t do well with NFC teams. This will be interesting.

With the Falcons P Bosher placed on IR, FA P Matt Wile (who has filled in the past for Bosher) was signed.

The Falcons released their versatile vet OT John Wetzel (usually utilized as backup LT Jake Mathews) today. So, with their OL in beat up shape, they will need to make active 2 Olinemen that are usually inactive.............OT Matt Gonno and OT Ty Sambrailo.

just when you think the Texans suck, they seem to come back and surprise us.

Falcons might be another trap game. 2 weeks in a row I know, I hate it too. There going to show up prepared so I hope we do the same. If the falcons loose I’m willing to bet there players cry after the game. It’s do or die for them with the season on the line. Onto the positives. There’s a reason why they’re 1-3. I expect dw to dust this defense per usual. Although It’s hard to do that when your coach is calling plays for Hopkins to throw across the field in the end zone resulting in game changing turnovers but overall I want to say this will be a high scoring game with the Texans coming out on top. 34-28

6 hours to game time!
Hopefully, we'll get a much better showing from the Texans then we did last week.
Get it right guys!
Take out the Falcons!

GO TEXANS!!!

"Anchor" generally produces images of grounded, rooted, reason for confidence.

OB is more like an anvil, ball & chain, dead festering albatross.

Anchor is a giant weight at the bottom that prevents anything from moving forward. No matter how many first round picks you put into that boat's motor, it's still not going anywhere with that anchor stuck in the mud.

The others are correct as well though.

Anchor is a giant weight at the bottom that prevents anything from moving forward. No matter how many first round picks you put into that boat's motor, it's still not going anywhere with that anchor stuck in the mud.

The others are correct as well though.
It isnt the anchor that holds the ship in place but the giant ******* chain attached to it, kinda like the chain of poor decisions the Texans have made along the way.

It isnt the anchor that holds the ship in place but the giant ******* chain attached to it, kinda like the chain of poor decisions the Texans have made along the way.

Nope, still one anchor ... that has spent 6 years building links to that chain. The chain just drags (metaphor getting too much) without something horrible at the end to latch on and refuse to move regardless of necessity or circumstance.

Reactions: ROO
I can't get past the feeling that he is shell shocked from all the blitzing.
Teams know all you have to do to beat Texans is blitz, blitz, and more blitz.

Agreed, he needs to get better at identifying the blitz. Yr 2 of saying the same thing.

Closely watch his footwork and you will be able to identify where Watson's accuracy issues begin.

As far as Watson being shell shocked, what do you think he can do to get rid of his case of happy feet, if anything?

I can't get past the feeling that he is shell shocked from all the blitzing.
Teams know all you have to do to beat Texans is blitz, blitz, and more blitz.

And with players like Coutee, Fuller, Hopkins and Duke Johnson - along with a mile long list of drafted tightends ... we should have ZERO trouble with blitzes because of crosses, hots, short jerk routes, TE skinny posts and turning our HB's into wildcard terrors. Kinda like another team that we're supposed to emulate. Everyone thinks speed is a 9, it's not - send that demon on a shallow cross over the middle and either the secondary shifts to chase him, or you have tightend picking daisies at 7 yards. Have the outside receiver trail him to see what happens (lots of catch&run for Edelman) and a TE or HB parking themselves 2yds from the LOS ... still gives you 6 to block on a shotgun play-action. This is not Ufcking rocket surgery.

Or Watson is saddled with being the hero waiting 5 seconds (but he holds the ball too long) for his two receivers and random check to be available on their sideline routes because we can't coach cohesion (or fundamentals) on the line nor complimentary route schemes.

Agreed, he needs to get better at identifying the blitz. Yr 2 of saying the same thing.

Closely watch his footwork and you will be able to identify where Watson's accuracy issues begin.

As far as Watson being shell shocked, what do you think he can do to get rid of his case of happy feet, if anything?
It will have to be a combination of things. Coaching staff will need to restore his confidence and the obvious is firstly to scheme the offense around his style of play.
It might be cliche, but the game is won in the trenches and our oline is going to have to improve so that it can be the foundation for a solid ground game.
Texans have also tried to improve the TE situation but have failed to create a scheme that reliably bails out the QB.
Watson will be a very good QB for this club, but I doubt it will be under O'Brien.

Reactions: ROO
Gee...none of the pre-game shows are talking about anything related to the Texans...I wonder why? I might be naive, but this must mean something..

Back