Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 2...Home Opener...Jacksonville Jaguars!

We'll win this one guys. The controversies won't go away with a single win against the Jaggies however.

Of course they won’t. OB is 15-5 against the Jags and Tits. 27-34 against everyone else. And of course 11-28 against winning teams, assuming NO goes on to be a winning team.

Controversies go away when they beat the Chargers , Chiefs & Patriots.

THIS. ^^^^
No corners are turned until you start beating the good teams. Again, 11-28. And I think 5 or 6 of those wins were against Jacksonville and Tennessee.

I'll go with Texans 26 and Kittens 16.

It will be a little closer than we'd like but in the end, Texans come out on top.

Hear me now, and believe me later...

Of course they won’t. OB is 15-5 against the Jags and Tits. 27-34 against everyone else. And of course 11-28 against winning teams, assuming NO goes on to be a winning team.

THIS. ^^^^
No corners are turned until you start beating the good teams. Again, 11-28. And I think 5 or 6 of those wins were against Jacksonville and Tennessee.

Texans record against above 500 teams outside our division.

If you count the Saints.
7/20 .259

Without the Saints.
7/19 .269

Texans record against above 500 teams within the division.
4/8 .333

Last edited:
I hope the Texans win but I mainly hope the offensive line does a better job protecting Watson. Jacksonville defense can get after the QB.

Texans by 10 points plus
Jj to have a huge game
Tunsil to be better after settling in for a full week,
Hopefully keep the run game going

I thought we would have won this one anyway but that makes our job that much easier.
If Jags can't get our O off the field it will be a long day for them.
Just an aside - I found out today our nickname among other teams is the tinhorns. Chuckle.
Tinhorns? The hell is that even supposed to mean? I’m sure it’s supposed to be a negative nickname, but how so? It’s like us saying we will defeat the “Tincats” this Sunday...

You’re wrong, here’s why.

The logical thing to do would be call plays that gets the ball out your qb hands quicker. Short intermediate passes like rodgers, Brady and brees. Its not the receiver fault the stupid head coach is calling deep routes to get Deshaun sacked.
I saw times where the routes were shorter and yet the receivers were either covered tightly or DW zeroed in on one receiver and did not scan the whole field when he did have time to do so. You are correct for the most part but there is plenty of blame to go around. I am far from a BO'b apologist but DW deserves some of the blame. We look past a lot of the bad from DW because of so much good he does. Still DW has his share of blame.

Tinhorns? The hell is that even supposed to mean? I’m sure it’s supposed to be a negative nickname, but how so? It’s like us saying we will defeat the “Tincats” this Sunday...

I've seen it used in westerns as an insult.

Definition:

noun
someone, especially a gambler, who pretends to be important but actually has little money, influence, or skill.

adjective
cheap and insignificant; small-time: a tinhorn racket.

Up till now we sort of deserve it. We have never lived up to whatever little hype we get.

I've seen it used in westerns as an insult.

Definition:

noun
someone, especially a gambler, who pretends to be important but actually has little money, influence, or skill.

adjective
cheap and insignificant; small-time: a tinhorn racket.

Up till now we sort of deserve it. We have never lived up to whatever little hype we get.
I see. But, I wonder which teams refer to the Texans as "Tinhorns?" It's not like there is such a long list of teams that are so much better than us. The dynasty that is the Patriots is the only team that should be allowed to mock any other team in the NFL. Everyone else is on the same boat as we.

I see. But, I wonder which teams refer to the Texans as "Tinhorns?" It's not like there is such a long list of teams that are so much better than us. The dynasty that is the Patriots is the only team that should be allowed to mock any other team in the NFL. Everyone else is on the same boat as we.

Honestly I doubt it is any teams. I suspect it is their fan bases so its just people running their mouths. The best way we can stop it is to start winning.

I often say, "Let's get out of this tinhorn joint," referring to a tawdry place, usually a bad barbecue enterprise. Didn't know other teams called us the Tinhorns. I thought they said the Toxins.

Bill O’brien is a horrible head coach.
I saw times where the routes were shorter and yet the receivers were either covered tightly or DW zeroed in on one receiver and did not scan the whole field when he did have time to do so. You are correct for the most part but there is plenty of blame to go around. I am far from a BO'b apologist but DW deserves some of the blame. We look past a lot of the bad from DW because of so much good he does. Still DW has his share of blame.

You’re correct bro. That’s the human part of the game.

Honestly

What blame does he deserve? He was nearly perfect for a young qb playing a hofer, of course besides the pick.

It’s hard to blame someone when there doing there job when the game is on the line. I can’t recall a moment he failed us. Maybe the colts game which I didn’t watch but what can you blame him for? If he’s not in the game. The Texans don’t have a chance to begin with.

I can’t blame him for looking Hopkins direction because he wants to get the ball out quick due to his goofy hc calling deep routes. This guy played on the worst offensive line last season. He wasn’t suppose to be a pro bowler.

Humble kid whose giving it everything on the football field and literally is the mvp of the nfl when you consider what he’s doing with all the dysfunctional chaos in this poorly run organization.

Yet, I still worry about him. You get hit by 300 lb linemen so often and during the game you start to see ghosts. You think defenders are coming at you that’s not even there. Still delievers and that’s what makes this guy mvp. O’Brien needs to do whatever to get Trent Williams. You can always find players in free agency until your early draft picks reappear.

Honestly

What blame does he deserve? He was nearly perfect for a young qb playing a hofer, of course besides the pick.

It’s hard to blame someone when they're doing their job when the game is on the line. I can’t recall a moment he failed us. Maybe the colts game which I didn’t watch but what can you blame him for? If he’s not in the game. The Texans don’t have a chance to begin with.

I can’t blame him for looking Hopkins direction because he wants to get the ball out quick due to his goofy hc calling deep routes. This guy played on the worst offensive line last season. He wasn’t suppose to be a pro bowler.

Humble kid whose giving it everything on the football field and literally is the mvp of the nfl when you consider what he’s doing with all the dysfunctional chaos in this poorly run organization.

Yet, I still worry about him. You get hit by 300 lb linemen so often and during the game you start to see ghosts. You think defenders are coming at you that’s not even there. Still delivers and that’s what makes this guy mvp. O’Brien needs to do whatever to get Trent Williams. You can always find players in free agency until your early draft picks reappear.
I am far from strictly blaming DW. I simply stated that DW has to take some of the blame. Has nothing to do with being human or not. He can do better and I am sure he will as the season goes on. BO'b deserves most of the blame and I don't recall ever saying otherwise.

Last edited:
I just want the game played, let the chips fall where they may.

large960_blur-69d69097066cdc10ba54620e4335d240.jpg

Honestly

It’s hard to blame someone when there doing there job when the game is on the line. I can’t recall a moment he failed us. Maybe the colts game which I didn’t watch but what can you blame him for? If he’s not in the game. The Texans don’t have a chance to begin with.

Yet, I still worry about him. You get hit by 300 lb linemen so often and during the game you start to see ghosts. You think defenders are coming at you that’s not even there. Still delievers and that’s what makes this guy mvp. O’Brien needs to do whatever to get Trent Williams. You can always find players in free agency until your early draft picks reappear.

As the OL improves I suspect we will begin to see the 49ers Steve Young more than the Tampa Steve Young from Watson. The offense is still a work in progress and Watson does also need to improve. The Saints game was a 1st step in the right direction. IMHO

Watson gave us the lead at the end of the game despite the sacks/hits he took. If we improve the protection we definitely got a championship caliber Qb. Defense has to make stops in big moments against Top 10 Qbs though.

It always seems to be a despite this, despite that situation though. OL, coaching, defense, something.

I think Watson is already a championship caliber QB, unfortunately, NFL football is a team game, and he’s not on a championship caliber team.

We can ‘if they improve this and that’ all day long. Of course they’ll better IF they do those things. The problem is, knowing they need to do those things and them actually doing them are 2 different things.

It always seems to be a despite this, despite that situation though. OL, coaching, defense, something.

I think Watson is already a championship caliber QB, unfortunately, NFL football is a team game, and he’s not on a championship caliber team.

We can ‘if they improve this and that’ all day long. Of course they’ll better IF they do those things. The problem is, knowing they need to do those things and them actually doing them are 2 different things.

You can say this about almost any game they lose.

Their talent level is getting closer to the top tier teams. This should make you happy, but it wont.

Watson gave us the lead at the end of the game despite the sacks/hits he took. If we improve the protection we definitely got a championship caliber Qb. Defense has to make stops in big moments against Top 10 Qbs though.

The defense couldn't stop top 10 QB's even when they had Clowney.

To be a top team this needs to change or Watson will have to win a bunch of shootouts to be considered a top 10 QB.

You can say this about almost any game they lose.

Their talent level is getting closer to the top tier teams. This should make you happy, but it wont.

Just because you think it is doesn’t make it so. I get you’re all excited about the OL, but they have done jack yet.

And don’t pretend to know what makes me happy. You don’t know me.

Just because you think it is doesn’t make it so. I get you’re all excited about the OL, but they have done jack yet.

And don’t pretend to know what makes me happy. You don’t know me.

You will see.

And yes I do know what would make you happy. Short of a SB you want BOB fired. A little unrealistic.

DTV wasn't playing ball on Sunday Ticket this year so it's...*sigh*...streams for me.

This is gonna suck.

Thats interesting.....they pulled the same crap with me when I called the other day. I got 7 years going with this subscription. I’m canceling it, use various streaming services for 60 days and sign back up. I figure when that 2 years is up most all the streaming services will have it figured out.

BTW, the R streams always work great for me, put the second TV on Red Zone.

Thats interesting.....they pulled the same crap with me when I called the other day. I got 7 years going with this subscription. I’m canceling it, use various streaming services for 60 days and sign back up. I figure when that 2 years is up most all the streaming services will have it figured out.

BTW, the R streams always work great for me, put the second TV on Red Zone.

Yeah, I made quite a few calls this year and it was jumbled bills and getting absolutely nowhere on discounts/negotiations/retentions. *shrug*

I tried earlier to get a Youtube TV trial and spoof my location to Houston so I could get Houston locals but it didn't really work. I just hate the fact that I'm relying on the internet. If it goes down, I'm screwed. And I like just pressing the channel number and going to where I need to go instead of clicks and finagling between clunky site after clunky site and trying to get it on the TV with ease.

But the worst part is the lag. I cannot stand being 30 seconds to a minute behind. I like interacting and I like sitting and watching Twitter while I'm watching the Texans game so I can keep up with what's happening in other games and on Yahoo keeping up with the leagues I'm in. Football is a very social sport.

Gonna be frustrating. I'm certain this will end in me paying to get the package. But for now, I'm going to try it this way tomorrow.

Yeah, I made quite a few calls this year and it was jumbled bills and getting absolutely nowhere on discounts/negotiations/retentions. *shrug*

I tried earlier to get a Youtube TV trial and spoof my location to Houston so I could get Houston locals but it didn't really work. I just hate the fact that I'm relying on the internet. If it goes down, I'm screwed. And I like just pressing the channel number and going to where I need to go instead of clicks and finagling between clunky site after clunky site and trying to get it on the TV with ease.

But the worst part is the lag. I cannot stand being 30 seconds to a minute behind. I like interacting and I like sitting and watching Twitter while I'm watching the Texans game so I can keep up with what's happening in other games and on Yahoo keeping up with the leagues I'm in. Football is a very social sport.

Gonna be frustrating. I'm certain this will end in me paying to get the package. But for now, I'm going to try it this way tomorrow.
Yea I hear ya about all of the cons but I streamed last year and everything was pretty lined up with real time, maybe a few seconds delay otherwise no issues.

Yea I hear ya about all of the cons but I streamed last year and everything was pretty lined up with real time, maybe a few seconds delay otherwise no issues.

Which, uh, sites from r/ were you getting those close-to-live streams? Feel free to PM them if you can. I have a few bookmarked on my TV's browser but all the tests I did today for baseball were half a minute or so delayed from real time.

Back