Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 14...Time To Get Back... New York Jets!

"if thats the case we dont have no business being in the playoffs" ... you are wrong sir, we do have business in the playoffs and if we want to maximize that opportunity you win out.

in its essence you are right .. the TExans dont belong in the playoffs with a shoddy OL, WRs who cant stay healthy, a young QB and a defense who has a tendency to bend.

So you yourself said they have no business being in the playoffs. I love the fact that you can say both that I don't think they should be here but that I also have "steel blue binders" do you even read your own posts or do you just start typing and hope a coherent thought comes out?

""Im not so worried about winning these next games .. but what it will cost us" .. again you must be implying injury and this board already has plenty of wizards that see the future.

Yes I am implying injuries, actually I think I flat out said it. Didn't realize that hoping we don't have injuries or discussing how to avoid them was me being a wizard trying to predict the future.

"do just enough to secure a win" .. what the **** does that even mean dude? When have the Texans won a game in the first quarter? Christ man you're all over the board with your take.

That means getting a lead and then holding the lead without killing your players. In other words its one time where BoBs habit of turtling might be a good thing. You're right they haven't ever won it in the first quarter but then I didn't say the first quarter did I. I said get a lead, hang on while I spit out those words you're putting in my mouth. I can see where it would be all over the board when you don't read what I actually write and just read what you think I wrote.

""I wouldnt even be against giving Weedon some playing time" ... LOL ok.

Going to assume you didn't actually have a point on this one so moving on.

"Your 'bye is a reward' comment did enough to confuse both of us obviously. You EARN a bye, you're not 'rewarded' one.

Oh so now we are going to get into semantics, ok that should be fun. In that case the bye is meant to be a sign that a team EARNED it instead of having to prove that they deserve to be in the playoffs. I suppose since we are going to argue semantics I should have said awarded the bye instead of rewarded.

"rambling huh? So you want them to play, just enough not to get hurt, but enough to secure the win! OKAY! :rolleyes:

Um yes, actually that is exactly what I want. Sorry this doesn't fulfill your football movie fantasy but yeah I very much want them to secure a win without getting hurt. What does someone have to be carted off the field before you think they played their best? Like I said what the hell are you rambling about?

Getting through the playoffs is tough for any team. You a playing through a gauntlet of the best teams in the conference. Any advantage you can secure is needed for success. Teams with a longer road and without home field historically don't make it through the gauntlet.
You can expect the Texans to win, at most, one post-season game. To do well in the playoffs you have to have a coach. That means a coach who can adapt to situations and.... ..Don't get me started on this subject. Just take the prediction seriously.

This game will tell us something about this team. The winning streak has ended. The final games of the season are before us. Do they collapse at the end of the season and miss the playoffs or back in (like has occurred in the past for Houston NFL teams); or do they head into the playoffs on a winning streak with some momentum and make some noise.

This game will tell us something about this team. The winning streak has ended. The final games of the season are before us. Do they collapse at the end of the season and miss the playoffs or back in (like has occurred in the past for Houston NFL teams); or do they head into the playoffs on a winning streak with some momentum and make some noise.

If the defense can rattle Darnold early and keep the pressure on, then I like the chances of the offense and Watson doing their job of putting enough points on the board.

This is obviously a game the Texans should win with so much to play for while their opponent has very little to motivate them. And the Jets aren't a particularly good team, not a great deal of talent on their roster.
So if the Texans comes out listless with a lack of focus it's on the HC, but if the effort and concentration is there we should feel pretty good about their chances though I never assume any victory in the NFL.

I hope the Texans don't look ahead to any opponent. They need to concentrate on the opponent at hand for that week. At this point the Texans have locked up nothing, to say nothing about how deep in the playoffs they will go. They still have to get in first. Get it done by whatever means are necessary!

I always hope for a win. Expect a win? Nah

This team is forcing me to pull for the Cowboys to beat the Colts just to help them out.

That sucks big time.

Pizz on it. Go Colts. Texans are on their own.

:coffee:

Back