Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 13...Take 10...Indianapolis Colts!

I suspect they didn't IR him so that they could get a better idea of what they have going into the draft based on a bit of game play. I suspect we will draft a somewhat similar back fairly early.

I don't even think Foreman will be active this week. Perhaps next week. Could be wrong but that's my take.

As far as taking him off the exempt list instead of keeping him on IR, I think it's a blend of what Edo said which is more or less a short evaluation period... and some extra injury insurance in case Miller or Blue go down (knock on wood)

He's not worth 10 points in a game. That's kind of fantasy land at this point.

Well, I'll tell you this. He brings a whole new dimension to the offense. He's faster and stronger then Blue. He's a threat to run it through any gap and produce more yards due to his strength then Blue is. He can power through a line backer or defensive back for extra yards on a carry. He has better vision then Blue. He's good out of the backfield as a pass catcher so he'll spread defenses out even further laterally which will open things up even further for the offense. He'll at least be the #2 back within the next 2 to 3 weeks because of those things. The Texans just became more dangerous because of him. We saw a sample size of his abilities last year in what he can do. He has been to every running back and team meeting while he was out, so he knows the offense very well and that means he won't have to come back trying to figure things out. That's a plus. I think the Texans just got better with him back.

You do know that no other RB has made it back fully from a torn achillies?

That's not entirely accurate. And today, because of significant advances in science and medicine, athletes are likely to come back, not only as good as before surgery, but in some cases, actually stronger. Read this article from 2014 by Dr. Christopher Geary, Chief of Sports Medicine at Tufts Medical Center.

Achilles Tendon Ruptures in the NFL

Last edited:
That's not entirely accurate. And today, because of significant advances in science and medicine, athletes are likely to come back, not only as good as before surgery, but in some cases, actually stronger. Read this article from 2014 by Dr. Christopher Geary, Chief of Sports Medicine at Tufts Medical Center.

And also, keep in mind that many advances have been made in sports medicine since 2014.

Just for curiosity, do you know the ages of those RB's? I've always leaned towards the idea that the younger a player is the better their chances of returning. Clowney has bounced back from an injury that many thought would end his NFL career or render him half the athlete he was before the injury. If he returned. Worth noting......I'm still not on board with giving him a new contract, the Texans should consider themselves lucky that he returned long enough to fulfill the team's investment of drafting him in RD1-01. He was forced to learn a new position at the NFL level and was rewarded with a Pro Bowl selection. Texans should pat themselves on the back, tag him, then trade him for a couple of picks. Then he will have really served the Texans well.

I didn't read the article, but tell me a RB who tore his achilles and made it back to his previous level of play. CnD would much better than me at discussing this topic.

I didn't read the article, but tell me a RB who tore his achilles and made it back to his previous level of play. CnD would much better than me at discussing this topic.
I can't really tell you that because I couldn't even find a running back in Foreman's age range that has even torn his Achilles. They're are several older backs that had difficulty, but they were already on the back side of their career.
I can tell you there is a Texan that ruptured his Achilles and still played at a high level throughout his career. That whould be Demaryius Thomas. His was in 2012.

I can't really tell you that because I couldn't even find a running back in Foreman's age range that has even torn his Achilles. They're are several older backs that had difficulty, but they were already on the back side of their career.
I can tell you there is a Texan that ruptured his Achilles and still played at a high level throughout his career. That whould be Demaryius Thomas. His was in 2012.

For a comparison google Andre Brown NYG's.

It's much different for a RB coming back from that injury than it is a WR.

I remember Brown. He played for the Texans a few years ago through preseason and was waived. I think that was O'Brien's first or second year here. When he was with the Giants, He never got a chance to play that first season after the injury because they waived him 1 year after the injury. and back then it took at least a full year to 2 years to recover after that injury, and when he did, he produced until he broke his leg. Then he still produced after recovering from the broken leg. In his second stint with the Giants he helped them get to a Super Bowl. When he did play, he'd run for over 100 yards a game and average 5.2 yards a carry. That's not bad. He just didn't play in many games because he kept getting injured. He never had much of a chance. Besides, his Achilles injury was way back in 2009 his rookie year. The technology then wasn't even close to what it is today. Back then they were still doing the long incision the length of the tendon and doing an extensive suturing job to repair the tendon. Today, there's barely any incision and they use new fusing techniques with endoscopes and laser technology that leaves little to no scarring to repair the ruptures. I think he hung up his cleats after that season with the Texans. That's not a very good comparison.

Last edited:
I remember Brown. He played for the Texans a few years ago through preseason and was waived. I think that was O'Brien's first or second year. He never got a chance to play, and when he did, he produced until he broke his leg. Then he still produced produced. Her helped the Giants to a Super Bowl. When he did play, he'd run for over 100 yards a game and averaged 5.2 yards a carry. That's not bad. He just didn't play in many games. He never had much of a chance. I think he hung up his cleats after that season with the Texans. That's not a very good comparison.

Look at his numbers after the achilles injury with the NYG's. He became a GL back. Why?

I don't think Foreman is activated unless he showed something at practice. Besides, after Miller and Blue, what else do the Texans have at RB?
I don't think that he can he really show anything where valid even preliminary conclusions can be drawn without several contact practices..........anything except if he is not showing promise. I strongly believe he needs at least 2-3 weeks before knowing if he is ready to be thrown into game fire...........if he progresses to that point. With this type of injury, if a player is not truly ready, he is very high risk for injury............not Achilles re-rupture, but a compensatory lower extremity injury. To throw him out there this soon would be nothing short of irresponsible.

Last edited:
I don't think that he can he really show anything where valid even preliminary conclusions can be drawn without several contact practices..........anything except if he is not showing promise. I strongly believe he needs at least 2-3 weeks before knowing if he is ready to be thrown into game fire...........if he progresses to that point. With this type of injury, if a player is not truly ready, he is very high risk for injury............not Achilles re-rupture, but a compensatory lower extremity injury. To throw him out there this soon would be nothing short but irresponsible.

Kinda like what the medical staff did with Coutee?

Do you remember Billy Hickenbottom?.........He was Crap before he got hurt. He rehabbed very hard and was able to return to that same level. :bravo:

I don't think that he can he really show anything where valid even preliminary conclusions can be drawn without several contact practices..........
Getting ready for NFL hitting is important. But, why is it extra important for Foreman? If he's moving well on his repaired Achilles, that should give the team some confidence in putting him out there.

It's getting late in the year for full contact practices. Too many guys banged up as it is. Can the Texans pull a couple of guys over from the practice squad and run Foreman through some Oklahoma drills while still running a non-contact practice for the rest of the team?

T
Getting ready for NFL hitting is important. But, why is it extra important for Foreman? If he's moving well on his repaired Achilles, that should give the team some confidence in putting him out there.

It's getting late in the year for full contact practices. Too many guys banged up as it is. Can the Texans pull a couple of guys over from the practice squad and run Foreman through some Oklahoma drills while still running a non-contact practice for the rest of the team?
Theoretical, this could work. But until there is strong resistance in contact, balance which is a reflection of an Achilles rehab cannot be effectively evaluated/tested. Without full return of this parameter, safety becomes an issue, and a post Achilles player presents a high risk for compensatory lower limb injury.

Last edited:
It's Sunday morning and I'm ready for some Texans football!
Should the Texans get ahead, they need to keep the pedal to the metal on both sides if the ball. Don't let up because Luck is capable of coming back. Just don't give him that chance. Stay aggressive and keep after him the whole game. O'Brien! Don't be conservative at all and keep the ball out of Luck's hands!

Go Texans!
Git'r Done!

It is football day. Games is at home. Team appears to be getting better with each game. I think they will come into the game hungry and focused. Defense steps up and the offense eats up the clock.

Texans 28
Colt 17

Back