Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 10...Win The Trenches...Baltimore Ravens!

No the refs were wrong, it was a textbook PI and everyone in Houston should be pissed. That said, You got your ass beat today. One TD makes no difference in a 4 posession game. You should be more upset about the fumble and HORRIBLE pick DW4 threw, the playcalling, the o line, but yeah

Keep living in that fantasy world where one play was worth 28 points.
Your team is hitting on all cilinders and our team showed it is nowhere near as good as our record says we are. Congrats on the win and your team has a real chance at not only going to the Super Bowl but winning it.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I understand that, but you have to try something other than 5-7 step drops testing a stout secondary. You would figure quick outs, slants, shallow crosses, tunnel screens, and regular screens. Get our big guys running laterally and gass them, slow down the pass rush. It may not work right away but you have to trust the cardio wont be there in the 4th.
it’s really funny you mention that stuff because some guys say those options are there some guys see things your way. No blitz beating packages can’t be entirely on the QB and a lack of situational awareness to opponent tendency By the Houston coaching staff. Long developing, claustrophobic routes that crowd the lanes and take forever to develop. Watson sucked today he will tell you as much but the more experienced OBrien didn’t do anything to help his young QB either.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
To me losing 0-30 in the playoffs at home is worse than a regular season road loss that people won't remember if we can get back on track
Yep...I had the Texans at 10-6 /11-5 this season & thought that they could probably get to the divisional playoff game..AFCCG if things break right for them. I think after today's performance, I think I'll take the AFCCG off the table. Injuries, and inconsistent play are seeing to it that we can't go any further.

spek

Hopeless Wanderer
So I only got to watch the 1st quarter but taped the rest of the game. Just saw the final and I don't think I need to put myself through the misery of watching the rest. Can some give a brief summary of the game. My apologies if this has already been posted.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
So I only got to watch the 1st quarter but taped the rest of the game. Just saw the final and I don't think I need to put myself through the misery of watching the rest. Can some give a brief summary of the game. My apologies if this has already been posted.
Dont waste your time watching it. We were dominated. Watson had maybe his worst game.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
If you doubted Lamar as a qb, there is some stuff to see. His MVP talk is real

PapaL

Loose Screw
I wouldn’t watch it. Chances are we’ll have repeat on Thursday.

Omerta

Waterboy
If you saw the first quarter than you saw the first half really.

In the second quarter you could feel one off the QB's was going to get loose, it was just who was it going to be. Lamar got a TD on a strike to Andrews in the endzone.
The texans got the ball and put together a pretty decent drive together. Hyde had some success, but Stills was teh hero of the drive if I recall only for Fairbairn missed a pretty standard field goal, to make him and tucker even on missed field goals for the day.

The 3rd started pretty ominously as LJ showed no signs of slowing down, in fact the game started picking up. He was doing well and completed 13 passes in a row, and hitting Ingram on a swing pass for a 25 yard TD pass on busted coverage by houston. They had nobody on the strongside of the field, it was a bad play.

The next drive they kind of got something going with a decent run and a 12 yard catch and run by Stills, but then Watson got sacked for 13 yards, and they punted.

This was a decent drive by Baltimore it was highlighted by another Sportcenter moment by Lamar Jackson on a 39 yard run where over half the Texans defense missed the tackle. It was capped off by a field goal, and things started looking grim for houston with 20 minutes to play.

The texans get the ball back and they kind of get something going, then Watson is flushed out to his right, and throws across his body to hyde, but 4 ravens are within 3 yards of hyde and it gets picked off.

The Ravens turn it into a field goal

The Texans get it back and put together a 50 yard drive and turn it over on downs by a throw that hit the dirt intended for Hopkins after Hopkins started getting loose that drive.

Baltimore put together an 80+ yard drive and go up 34-0. The game is pretty much over.

Texans get a garbage time TD, but it was a great run by Hyde, 60+ yards or something.

The Ravens respond with a 40+ yard run and score a TD to go up 41-7

The game was over.

spek

Hopeless Wanderer
If you saw the first quarter than you saw the first half really.

In the second quarter you could feel one off the QB's was going to get loose, it was just who was it going to be. Lamar got a TD on a strike to Andrews in the endzone.
The texans got the ball and put together a pretty decent drive together. Hyde had some success, but Stills was teh hero of the drive if I recall only for Fairbairn missed a pretty standard field goal, to make him and tucker even on missed field goals for the day.

The 3rd started pretty ominously as LJ showed no signs of slowing down, in fact the game started picking up. He was doing well and completed 13 passes in a row, and hitting Ingram on a swing pass for a 25 yard TD pass on busted coverage by houston. They had nobody on the strongside of the field, it was a bad play.

The next drive they kind of got something going with a decent run and a 12 yard catch and run by Stills, but then Watson got sacked for 13 yards, and they punted.

This was a decent drive by Baltimore it was highlighted by another Sportcenter moment by Lamar Jackson on a 39 yard run where over half the Texans defense missed the tackle. It was capped off by a field goal, and things started looking grim for houston with 20 minutes to play.

The texans get the ball back and they kind of get something going, then Watson is flushed out to his right, and throws across his body to hyde, but 4 ravens are within 3 yards of hyde and it gets picked off.

The Ravens turn it into a field goal

The Texans get it back and put together a 50 yard drive and turn it over on downs by a throw that hit the dirt intended for Hopkins after Hopkins started getting loose that drive.

Baltimore put together an 80+ yard drive and go up 34-0. The game is pretty much over.

Texans get a garbage time TD, but it was a great run by Hyde, 60+ yards or something.

The Ravens respond with a 40+ yard run and score a TD to go up 41-7

The game was over.
Thanks sounds like outplayed and out coached again.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily, Texans D stopped the ravens for no score. I hear you but that non PI call was more of a turning point than the fumble was, IMO
True - but I think that should have showed us that Watson was going to have one of his “hold onto the ball too long” days. Just like Carolina.

Watson needs to remember Jordan passed the ball to Paxton and Kerr to hit game winning shots in big games. You don’t always have to put the team on your shoulders.

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
Obviously you weren't around in the early years...can name 4-5 other games easily worse than this...Hell I can name 2-3 worse games under BoB alone that were worse than this.
I was around bro, I went to the first preseason games 2002 against Miami and Tampa. This was definitely up there. I'm curious which losses you think we're worse than this? I mean this was a meaningful game that had a lot of hype I dont remember too many of those types of games we were in back in the early days lol. Maybe some of the 2005 or 2013 games but those were meaningless games nobody cared about. Maybe the 2012 Packers or Patriots games or the Osweiler game in Denver where they made the whole franchise look like a clown show, or maybe even the Hoyer playoff loss to KC. Those are the only ones on this level imo. This was bad as it gets.

Last edited:

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Any chance OB gets.... oh never mind.
He turtled today, as did the entire team. Just a horribly coached team today. Pathetic
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if OB has blown his last game. Oh, yeah, with Cal there's little hope.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I was around bro, I went to the first preseason games 2002 against Miami and Tampa. This was definitely up there. I'm curious which losses you think we're worse than this? I mean this was a meaningful game that had a lot of hype I dont remember too many of those types of games we were in back in the early days lol. Maybe some of the 2005 or 2013 games but those were meaningless games nobody cared about. Maybe the 2012 Packers or Patriots games or the Osweiler game in Denver where they made the whole franchise look like a clown show, or maybe even the Hoyer playoff loss to KC. Those are the only ones on this level imo. This was bad as it gets.
This was just an over-hyped up game b/c of the 2 qbs playing. Yes it had playoff seeding implications..but not really. Texans win the next 2 (unlikely) they're still in line to get a bye in the playoffs if they handle their business after this 3 game stretch.

but off the top of my head:

KC playoff loss..30-0..nuff said
Packers game..Rodgers slings 6 TD's against our vaunted "bulls on parade" defense...lol he shredded us like it was nothing in prime time.
2015 dolphins game....got damn near a 50 burger dropped on us by the lowly Dolphins....
2015 ATL game.....see dolphins game..another game we got damn near a 50 burger dropped on us...**** was over by half time.

2012 last 2 games..real playoff implications. 1 game against the Colts & 1 against the Vikings to end the season. win just 1 of them & you're likely the #2 seed & you get a bye in the playoffs...we lose both & get dominated by Christian frickin Ponder & a middling Vikes team at home...& a HC-less Colts team..We stumble into the playoffs & eventually get beat by the Pats.

There are more...you named a few, the point is, there have been a helluva lot of more embarrasing losses that this team has suffered. This was a game that everyone expected us to lose..the pregame hype...the money line...everything leading up to this game told me that everyone expected us to lose this game.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The 3 game stretch in 2010 where we lost in seemingly-increasingly heinous fashion against the Chargers then Jacksoffville then the Jets was about as brutal as I ever remember.

The last of which resulted in a hole in my wall.
Jets...reminds me of that Jets game back in 2009??? Mark Sanchez as a rookie came in here & wrecked us..Remember Chris Meyers getting rag-dolled by Chris Jenkins...Just a terrible game.

CM.gif

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
it’s really funny you mention that stuff because some guys say those options are there some guys see things your way. No blitz beating packages can’t be entirely on the QB and a lack of situational awareness to opponent tendency By the Houston coaching staff. Long developing, claustrophobic routes that crowd the lanes and take forever to develop. Watson sucked today he will tell you as much but the more experienced OBrien didn’t do anything to help his young QB either.
The Ravens made Watson play from the pocket and Watson has yet to prove he can do this.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Yes if there's one thing we've learned it's that Watson can't operate from the pocket, not that O'Brien is a poor OC