Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gado Waived

Shermans other pal center Flanagan should be right behind him, but of course that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Should be, but can't be. Unfortunately, Centers, unlike RB's, are not a "dime a dozen" type commodity that can be cut and replaced on a whim. And the good ones are already playing for someone else. Sure, I'd like to see what White can do at Center, but until they draft or get a FA Center, we are stuck with Flanagan. JMHO!

Should be, but can't be. Unfortunately, Centers, unlike RB's, are not a "dime a dozen" type commodity that can be cut and replaced on a whim. And the good ones are already playing for someone else. Sure, I'd like to see what White can do at Center, but until they draft or get a FA Center, we are stuck with Flanagan. JMHO!

Maybe one of the 'smarter teams' has one stashed on their PS.

Nah...our gm would have discovered him by now.

:coffee:

I don't know what you are looking at because when I watch both backs it looks like one has a place in the league somewhere and one looks like a budding doctor who is looking to finish medical school.

That's what I said over the summer and I got royally chewed out by 90% of the posters....oh, wait a second...that was at the OTHER board. My bad.

I'm with Vinny. I've felt this way since the news came out that Gado was taking the MCAT over the summer: He should have been asked to quietly leave and to go pursue the degree.

Why we wasted a roster spot on him, I will never know. You can't serve two masters, and the NFL is a demanding master all by itself.

By the way, signing Echemeegimongo is not going to do anything for us.

(yawn)

does the opposite for me...it's depressing when the team can't see how worthless he is in camp and wait till halfway through the year to make a move.

Yep.

It really inspires LESS confidence when you sit there and think that the staff will let dead weight hang around THIS long.

Weren't we promised by Kubiak that it would become harder and harder for players to "make this team"?

The endless stream of pitiful prospects has taekn its toll on Kubiak: He dumps Lundy, a guy he said "has that look in his eyes," and then falls in love with Gado and Dayne, even going so far as to say that Gado is "doing all the right things..." and now he really likes Eechimeechimongo's ability to play special teams.

I am beginning to notice a pattern.

<< >> % << >> (what comes next in this sequence?)

We need the center and the rest of the Oline to get the running game on track. How can Mckinney be the wall and the others be this terrible.

Boyd was making our defense look pretty silly in the preseason.

Granted, it was preseason and it was Richard Smith's defense, but I still have images in my mind of him ducking away from the rush, darting into the flat, and hitting receivers. Several times.

He was moving the ball down the field.

This is actually the first logical acquisition I've seen in awhile.

It appears to be a good move, IMO. I'll take a mobile QB with the current state of our oline. Those guys burned all their fuel in weeks 1 and 2.

Sage is on his way out (on a stretcher) unless he can remember the three-step drop on every pass play.

We need the center and the rest of the Oline to get the running game on track. How can Mckinney be the wall and the others be this terrible.

I know...

It's amazing.

I didn't think that he was THAT important, either.

But Flanagan is an obvious failure.

Is Chris White any good right now?

I'm sorry to say this but I think if he was any good "right now" he'd be starting for us. I'm actually starting to wonder if Drew Hodgdon is still available. Sure he's as bad as Flannagan but he's younger. He might be getting beat regularly but at least it wouldn't be from exhaustion.

I'm sorry to say this but I think if he was any good "right now" he'd be starting for us.

I'd like to believe this, but past actions by this organization leave room for doubt. Sometimes it just seems the best player isn't on the field.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Drew Hodgdon is still available. Sure he's as bad as Flannagan but he's younger. He might be getting beat regularly but at least it wouldn't be from exhaustion.

I've had similar thoughts on Hodgdon. He is just about as good as Flanagan at this point in their respective careers, and at least he has the possibility of improving. Flanagan is well on the way down with no reversal in sight. I'm not going to be surprised when Flanagan gets hurt one of these games, either.

I'm sorry to say this but I think if he was any good "right now" he'd be starting for us. I'm actually starting to wonder if Drew Hodgdon is still available. Sure he's as bad as Flannagan but he's younger. He might be getting beat regularly but at least it wouldn't be from exhaustion.

Wow, you know its a dark day when you see that...

list the RB's no longer Texans

1. Jonathan Wells
  2. Domanick Davis
  3. Tony Hollings
  4. Stacey Mack
  5. Audie Norris
  6. Walli Lundy
  7. Vernand Morency
  8. Samkon Gado

all quite forgetable really, c'mon :pirate:

does the opposite for me...it's depressing when the team can't see how worthless he is in camp and wait till halfway through the year to make a move.

hm... In games and trades I look to our coaches generate the sort of momentum or opportunity that we need to adapt and better ourselves. Although I too am sad (still) about the Morency trade, I'll go as far as to say that with Gado leaving, we LOOK as if we're changing and adapting to our needs. That is good, it resembles a pulse :)

hm... In games and trades I look to our coaches generate the sort of momentum or opportunity that we need to adapt and better ourselves. Although I too am sad (still) about the Morency trade, I'll go as far as to say that with Gado leaving, we LOOK as if we're changing and adapting to our needs. That is good, it resembles a pulse :)

Except that the only reason Gado is leaving is because they needed to get another QB on the roster with Schaub questionable. Had Schaub not been injured, there is little doubt that the Texans would have kept the status quo.

Week after week the run game is getting stuffed. Week after week they don't make changes to the line, but remain committed to running the same tired running backs into the same brick wall.

That has about as much momentum in adapting as a rock sitting at the bottom of a hill.

list the RB's no longer Texans

1. Jonathan Wells
  2. Domanick Davis
  3. Tony Hollings
  4. Stacey Mack
  5. Audie Norris
  6. Walli Lundy
  7. Vernand Morency
  8. Samkon Gado

all quite forgetable really, c'mon :pirate:

You forgot our very first rapper ever - James Allen. Thanks for the 519 yards in '02.

I sure hated the Morency deal when it happened and I sure hate it more now since we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I know...I really would like a O-line coach to explain that to me. Seriously. How can one guy make the entire line play that much better?

I've had similar thoughts on Hodgdon. He is just about as good as Flanagan at this point in their respective careers, and at least he has the possibility of improving. Flanagan is well on the way down with no reversal in sight. I'm not going to be surprised when Flanagan gets hurt one of these games, either.

FWIW, one week when I heard Salaam doing his radio show at some bar, someone mentioned that Drew Hodgdon was there. It was shortly after McKinney got hurt, so I was wondering if he would get a call.

So I am guessing he is still in town.

The Texans are so messed up in so many places that they really have challenges as to who to activate each week.

Except that the only reason Gado is leaving is because they needed to get another QB on the roster with Schaub questionable. Had Schaub not been injured, there is little doubt that the Texans would have kept the status quo.
Except, I thought we added a running back to the Roster to replace Gado. The QB was added to the practice squad, which means if we need a QB, chances are it won't be him... we'll give 'ole plummer a ring more than likely.

Week after week the run game is getting stuffed. Week after week they don't make changes to the line, but remain committed to running the same tired running backs into the same brick wall.

That has about as much momentum in adapting as a rock sitting at the bottom of a hill.

I believe it's been turnovers that has been stiffling our offense. sure, it's been three yards and a cloud of dust for the most part, but it's not like we aren't moving the ball.

We're not going 3 & out an abnormally high amount of possesions.... we're lucky, if we can get to third down.

yup. it was a bonehead move...

I'm still not seeing that.

Morency has been on our injured list for the majority of his time as a Texan.

Now he's been on the Packers Injured list.

Whether he was here, or there, he wasn't going to be on the field.

Besides, he wasn't Nigerian.

FWIW, one week when I heard Salaam doing his radio show at some bar, someone mentioned that Drew Hodgdon was there. It was shortly after McKinney got hurt, so I was wondering if he would get a call.

So I am guessing he is still in town.

The Texans are so messed up in so many places that they really have challenges as to who to activate each week.

Sounds good.....I'll take anything right about now. Any potential 'C's coming out in the draft that could fall to the third round? Maybe that's the answer if White still isn't ready?

Sorry, I may have missed the entire thing then. I was under the impression that we added a RB too...

Sorry, I may have missed the entire thing then. I was under the impression that we added a RB too...

They brought up ole Echamandoualknaknnaadou from the practice squad.

Okay, so that's not his real last name.... but its close.

Just looked it up again. Joe Echemandu.

Consider this: Hodgdon (and other lineman) were judged on their ability to protect David Carr. Was that a fair test? Careers where certainly hindered for the sake of holding Carr blameless.

Also, most of them didn't get three years of starting every game to "develop", but they weren't making millions either. :cool:

Back