Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FS and SS

Didn't the Bengals already pass on franchising Joseph?

If the league somehow winds up playing 2011 under the 2010 rules, then Joseph is still a RFA and would cost a 1st & 3rd as compensation. If Joseph becomes an UFA, then he will get slightly less than Nnamdi money.

The 1st and 3rd is negociable and would come out of the 2012 draft. (I think that's the case.)

Do you guys think that Robert Sands is too tall to be an effective safety? He is listed as 6'5" 220-lbs and he can sure as hell knock the crap outta' people, but would he be a liability in pass coverage?
Here is my profile on Sands after combine: "Poor turns in hip swivle drills, tight hips even for a SS where he should end up. He runs on his heels rather than toes & his back pedal is way too high. DO NOT DRAFT!" T4ever, I think he may be drafted by some team after round 4 but he will need a lot of work.

If we wanted a safety like Sands we would be keeping Pollard.

Current roster starting safetys =

ss Nolan
fs Quin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do i get the feeling a transition to the 3-4 defense means no legitimate safety help this year? We'll draft a cornerback, linebackers, heavy defensive lineman, and a couple of damn tightends...

...And then a flyer on a safety late from "where's that university?" After some digging we'll find a draft review of the player who was listed as "priority free agent". His scouting report will read, " Can't cover, can't tackle."

and somewhere...

Matt Stevens will smile.

If we wanted a safety like Sands we would be keeping Pollard.

Current roster starting safetys =

ss Nolan
fs Quin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do i get the feeling a transition to the 3-4 defense means no legitimate safety help this year? We'll draft a cornerback, linebackers, heavy defensive lineman, and a couple of damn tightends...

...And then a flyer on a safety late from "where's that university?" After some digging we'll find a draft review of the player who was listed as "priority free agent". His scouting report will read, " Can't cover, can't tackle."

and somewhere...

Matt Stevens will smile.
Research Chris Prosinski FS/SS 6'1" 210 4.54 with 108 tackles and can be had in 7th (I hope). I think we will have Dominque Barber starting @ SS whether I like it or not.

Research Chris Prosinski FS/SS 6'1" 210 4.54 with 108 tackles and can be had in 7th (I hope). I think we will have Dominque Barber starting @ SS whether I like it or not.

BB, if we're counting on Barber to start at SS then we're just screwed. I agree with Powda with Nolan-SS and Quin-FS along with loads of irrelivant players that few have ever heard of. I have little to no confidence in Kubiak to evaluate and draft quality players.

I have little to no confidence in Kubiak to evaluate and draft quality players.

I have faith in Kubiak for offensive players. Rick Smith and the stooges we've paraded as defensive coordinators have bombed the majority of defensive picks. Wade Phillips will have free range this year - i've eye'd his recent drafts defensively and not been impressed.

badboy said:
Research Chris Prosinski

exactly.

Back