Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Free Agency ? What are we doing ? Please respond

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Because Slay wouldn’t sign an extension with the Texans, right?
Because the Texans never make moves like this to get the best players possible. Tunsil was what I was hoping represented a philosophical change in the way the Texans org operates. Obviously nothing has changed down on Kirby.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Please stop saying we don’t pay players when they’ve paid, Watt, Ryan’s, Cushing, Mercilus, Fairbairn, soon to be Tunsil and Watson. They also paid several other players as well. Brock is another example.
JoJo/Mannig are the only FA's they signed that were top tier FA's.

BO was the exception to the rule and certainly wasn't a top tier FA. Nothing has changed fron Bob to Cal McNair. I've been saying this since 2010.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Please stop saying we don’t pay players when they’ve paid, Watt, Ryan’s, Cushing, Mercilus, Fairbairn, soon to be Tunsil and Watson. They also paid several other players as well. Brock is another example.
Agreed the Texans do pay players they feel are worth the money. It’s just their definition of worth the money that is so, shall we say difficult to understand.

Reader not worth the money, Martin worth the money and a bonus. Make sense. No, well you must not be Texans F/O worthy then. Trying to find logical reasons behind what the Texans do must be like what Freud felt like first starting out. So many nuts to choose from you don’t know where to start.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
do you think the Texans care ? Texans are looking to get something for nothing.
Yes, especially BOB. He obviously doesn't like "bad character" guys. He gives those guys up for nothing.

Now if Suh was a good guy, a good teammate, good family man... BOB would overpay him to come here.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Only players who are left are players who wouldn’t want to sign with us or players who aren’t good enough to be signed elsewhere.

If there exceptions to that rule, any talent they may have will be coached out of them.

Welcome to BoBville
I could see them adding Logan Ryan (Ex Pat) or Jimmy Smith if they will sign on the cheap of course. (On the cheap = McNair's)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There are only 2 outcomes with this franchise:

-we stay the course with Fuhrer O'Brien and his ineptness trail blazing new ways to humiliate a franchise.

-the O'Brien experiment is finally ended within a year and the team has a new gm and head coach.

So wtf would any free agent worth his salt come here?
Or Kelly takes over the offense, DW4 grows, Watt stays healthy all yr, the secondary gets fixed in the draft and the team plays really well. Even if all of this happens they still aren't beating the greatness that is Mahomes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not a FA, but Quinton Dunbar was PFF's #2 rated CB and could be had for a 3rd rd pick. He made 3.3 mil and wants an extension, which means he will never become a Texan.

On a side note, Desir just signed with the Jets. Think he could've helped out the Texans secondary?

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Not a FA, but Quinton Dunbar was PFF's #2 rated CB and could be had for a 3rd rd pick. He made 3.3 mil and wants an extension, which means he will never become a Texan.

On a side note, Desir just signed with the Jets. Think he could've helped out the Texans secondary?
Dunbar surley can play and a third would be tempting, but he has that injury bug, played 18 of 32 the past two seasons. Would be interesting to hear CNND's view on his injuries, were these bad luck or is he damaged goods? I do think we need to start drafting and developing players to manage the cap better. Last year we had so much cap space we could get in proven players, but with everyone wanting to get paid, we do need to keep some picks and develop these guys. Still can't get over 3 years and $20m for that WHo that safety

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He made 3.3 mil and wants an extension, which means he will never become a Texan.
We just signed Cobb, Watkins, & Murray to deals that should be in his range. Mercilus & Martín were inked well in excess of that range.

Or do you think he is looking for the $20M/yr payday? Do you think that’s reasonable?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We just signed Cobb, Watkins, & Murray to deals that should be in his range. Mercilus & Martín were inked well in excess of that range.

Or do you think he is looking for the $20M/yr payday? Do you think that’s reasonable?
I think the Texans are a cheapass org and have thought this since 2010.

Nothing has changed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Dunbar surley can play and a third would be tempting, but he has that injury bug, played 18 of 32 the past two seasons. Would be interesting to hear CNND's view on his injuries, were these bad luck or is he damaged goods? I do think we need to start drafting and developing players to manage the cap better. Last year we had so much cap space we could get in proven players, but with everyone wanting to get paid, we do need to keep some picks and develop these guys. Still can't get over 3 years and $20m for that WHo that safety
Totally agree.

Once the COVI-19 is over we need to have lunch. I will meet you in Huffman.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Breshad Perriman makes sense. Former 1st rd guy with elite sz/speed. Played well last yr and is 26 yrs old. You have to replace talent with talent. Xavier Rhodes seem like he stepped off a cliff, but a yr deal to see if he returns to form. Not sold on Johnson, but as we've seen, cant have enough quality corners. They can replace Reader with Dontari Poe or similar player. They could use another ILB cover type guy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Breshad Perriman makes sense. Former 1st rd guy with elite sz/speed. Played well last yr and is 26 yrs old. You have to replace talent with talent. Xavier Rhodes seem like he stepped off a cliff, but a yr deal to see if he returns to form. Not sold on Johnson, but as we've seen, cant have enough quality corners. They can replace Reader with Dontari Poe or similar player. They could use another ILB cover type guy.
Good names. Logan Ryan seems like a BOB type of guy.

The cover lb you're looking for is Willie Gay Jr. In the draft. Should be able to get him in the 3rd.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think the Texans are a cheapass org and have thought this since 2010.

Nothing has changed.
Hey Steel have you given any thought to what you are gonna call the McNairs after they pay Watson & Tunsil because cheapass won't have any cred after that.
Personlly I think it should be dumbazz for continuing to keep O'Brien on their payroll this long.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hey Steel have you given any thought to what you are gonna call the McNairs after they pay Watson & Tunsil because cheapass won't have any cred after that.
Personlly I think it should be dumbazz for continuing to keep O'Brien on their payroll this long.
I will stop calling them cheapa**es when they sign a top tier FA. Signing your own top 5 guys should be a given. With the Texans org that's not even a given. See: Hopkins

Mangler

Toro de España
Or Kelly takes over the offense, DW4 grows, Watt stays healthy all yr, the secondary gets fixed in the draft and the team plays really well. Even if all of this happens they still aren't beating the greatness that is Mahomes.
Not with O’Brien as Head Coach we won’t. I’m not crazy about Tim Kelly being the OC. While I’m hoping the offense looks better that it has under O’ButtChin, I’m not holding my breath.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not with O’Brien as Head Coach we won’t. I’m not crazy about Tim Kelly being the OC. While I’m hoping the offense looks better that it has under O’ButtChin, I’m not holding my breath.
Of course you can't look at things positively.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Yep one year $5.5 million.

take6

Noob
Do you think either one of those guys want to stay and play for OB next year . You are crazy if you think so. I does not matter how much they pay them. They do NOT want to play for OB

Texansballer74

The Marine