Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Free Agency ? What are we doing ? Please respond

take6

Noob
What moves are the Texans making ? Everyone else in the league is making moves and getting better. What are we doing ?

take6

Noob
Word on the street has it that we traded Hopkins for a few picks and a RB.

You should research that.
I have seen all of that. I was just making point that our coach and owner are out of control. Also wanted to see what other stupid moves they have made.

take6

Noob
Seriously there are about 5 threads talking about what we are doing including several “Welcome X” so you can know exactly what new players we have. This thread is completely pointless.
That was my point. I was being sarcastic and I was wondering what other players we might i traded for. Thanks for your help .

RGV82

Random guy
You are funny. I was hoping to get the fans opinion of what the texans might be doing. I do not need to look it up.
Was not trying to be funny. If you asked for opinions I woulda replied differently. You appeared to be just asking for facts.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Only players who are left are players who wouldn’t want to sign with us or players who aren’t good enough to be signed elsewhere.

If there exceptions to that rule, any talent they may have will be coached out of them.

Welcome to BoBville

RGV82

Random guy
You are rite. I never thought we would be worse than the Cleveland Browns. We are the laughing stock of the league
Could be worse. We could have gotten Nick Foles for a 4th round pick and signed Jimmy Graham to a big contract. Lol.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Only players who are left are players who wouldn’t want to sign with us or players who aren’t good enough to be signed elsewhere.

If there exceptions to that rule, any talent they may have will be coached out of them.

Welcome to BoBville
Suh?

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Texans have the worst timing.
And people say McNairs don't like to spend money... lol. We just spend money at the wrong positions.
Agree. The McNairs do spend money. AT the wrong position and the wrong time. Looking at all of the talent being signed:
  • Need help on the defensive line? Gerald Mccoy, Blake Shelton were available
  • Need to replace Clowney? Robert Quinn, Vic Beasley, Shaq Lawson or even Calais Campbell were availalbe.
  • Need help in the secondary? Trae Wayne, Desmond Trufant or even Darius Slay were available. Even Pro Bowl FS Adrian Phillips was available for less than what the Texans paid Eric Murray.
  • Need help at WR? Before signing Cobb, take a look at Robby Anderson,
I can go on and on. There were all kind of moves to be made that should have taken the priority over trading Hopkins. I still wonder the money being spent on Murray, Cobb and Johnson, if they couldn't compromise with Hopkins rework his contract and just given him some money upfront.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Agree. The McNairs do spend money. AT the wrong position and the wrong time. Looking at all of the talent being signed:
  • Need to replace Clowney? Robert Quinn, Vic Beasley, Shaq Lawson or even Calais Campbell were availalbe.
  • Need help in the secondary? Trae Wayne, Desmond Trufant or even Darius Slay were available. Even Pro Bowl FS Adrian Phillips was available for less than what the Texans paid Eric Murray.
I can go on and on. There were all kind of moves to be made that should have taken the priority over trading Hopkins. I still wonder the money being spent on Murray, Cobb and Johnson, if they couldn't compromise with Hopkins rework his contract and just given him some money upfront.

Maybe that rumor is true that some FA don’t want anything to do with OB.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Do you think we could have got Darius Slay for Hopkins & a 4th?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It only took a 3rd and 5th rounder for the Eagles to acquire Slay. If the Texans were willing to extend Slay's contract, they could have acquired him without including Hopkins.
The McNair's dont pay top $$$$ for any player.

H_Town_Gaucho

Waterboy
If I were a FA (free agent) why would I go to a team with poor management decisions on player acquisition that's going to determine the outcome of my career? I wouldn't unless I was desperate for a job. As far as why we have poor management decisions, I think I figured it out, it's....

Because Aliens.png

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
If I were a FA why would I go to a team with poor management decisions on player acquisition that's going to determine the outcome of my career? I wouldn't unless I was desperate for a job. As far as why we have poor management decisions, I think I figured it out, it's....

View attachment 5789
There are only 2 outcomes with this franchise:

-we stay the course with Fuhrer O'Brien and his ineptness trail blazing new ways to humiliate a franchise.

-the O'Brien experiment is finally ended within a year and the team has a new gm and head coach.

So wtf would any free agent worth his salt come here?