Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Foreman done for season

Bottom line...the season is done anyway...no way to make the playoffs...might as well put in the young guns and let them earn theyre paycheck

Txnpride said:
Bottom line...the season is done anyway...no way to make the playoffs...might as well put in the young guns and let them earn theyre paycheck

We dont pay good money for tickets to watch some players who are not first string FOR A REASON, take up space on the field and humiliate this team more than it has already been ! We still PAY to see them win regardless if the game means anything or not !

see the play foreman injuried his ankle on, which was really really bad, should we turn our attention to the Inside Linebacker position in the draft...should we start looking seriously at guys like lance mitchell and barrett ruub to make take his spot if he can't bounce back from this injury

TexansTrueFan said:
We dont pay good money for tickets to watch some players who are not first string FOR A REASON, take up space on the field and humiliate this team more than it has already been ! We still PAY to see them win regardless if the game means anything or not !

Agree.A team should always be playing for the salary they get,for the fans that cheer for them, for their honor ans some respect in term of the W column. Enough reasons to keep fighting, i believe. Next week Ego Manning is visiting.

Let's send him home whining without the record!

keyfro said:
see the play foreman injuried his ankle on, which was really really bad, should we turn our attention to the Inside Linebacker position in the draft...should we start looking seriously at guys like lance mitchell and barrett ruub to make take his spot if he can't bounce back from this injury

honestly, the texans needed to do that whether foreman was injuried or not.

ArlingtonTexan said:
honestly, the texans needed to do that whether foreman was injuried or not.

Agreed, although he did possibly have his best season as a Texan this year. This injury might just be the excuse needed to let him go. Also we need a playmaking MLB. Sharper is awesome but he hasn't been anybody that other teams must game plan around. We need someone that reduces the role of Jamie Sharper so he can kick somemore tail with his workmanlike attitude.

I don't know if the draft is where we go. Next year we will have two second year players playing. I think for MLB we go FA.

Reddevil63 said:
Shantee Orr was activated today after they put Foreman on the IR.
Heck yes...Orr played last year extremely well. I feel better knowing he'll be suiting up this weekend.

Yep, with Peek possibly playing ROLB and Orr back, Manning should have a heck of a time trying to stay on his feet. Atleast I hope thats the case.

Yes it is good to see that peek may get some more chances, and that orr is back up on the team, but sacks against Indy do not happen often. Aside from a pretty good line that gives Peyton time and allows the Edge to run, it is difficult to get sacks because of the quick drops they use. Peyton many times does only 3 or 5 step drops, aside from the unreal play action they use so it is hard to have enough time to even get to peyton. I think the best chance they have to getting pressure is going to be on the play action role outs. If the coverage can last an extra second or two then that will give our OLBs time to chase Peyton around, but then again he is outside the pocket and just chucks it out of bounds. Needless to say its going to be hard to do anything on defense against this team. I say blitz all game long, get some pressure, fill the gaps, and hope the DB's can get decent coverage.

No, Orr is playing outside. What this all means is that Peek should be playing more on the outside. The experiment should be underway this week in practice with Wong in the middle. They used this formation about four times on sunday, and Antwan nearly got a sack out of it. I must say that he got laid out on one run play, but at least him falling sort of took out two blockers and stretched the field? Either way, I think this situation will allow him to get some quality PT for the rest of the season. I think you will see a better pass rush from the sides with him and Babin playing. Even if they do not get sacks, they will get the pocket collapsed and force the QB to step up instead of standing back. Thats why they need to blitz more, you have the speed from the outside forcing the QB to step up, and that leaves a perfect chance for Sharper and Co. in the middle to blitz the gaps and get sacks. This team needs to blitz. The DBs can cover well, but not if you give the other team too much time. Blitzing causes sacks and pressure which leads to loss of yards, bad decisions being made by the QB, and that causes turnovers.

Back